Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New HAM First QSO

Options

Comments

Alright lads, anyone up for a QSO on 80m tomorrow night ?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

Alright lads, anyone up for a QSO on 80m tomorrow night ?

Count me in, Mad_Lad. Dying to try the new 80m wire that I eventually managed to get up lately. :)

Shyboy wrote: »
    Count me in, Mad_Lad. Dying to try the new 80m wire that I eventually managed to get up lately. :)

Great, finally, You'll be amazed of the difference I will too hopefully. :D

We'll aim for 9 Pm when all the Children are tucked up in bed and not screaming their heads off. :D

+ I will have the Acom on standby if anyone is struggling to hear me :D

Great, finally, You'll be amazed of the difference I will too hopefully. :D

We'll aim for 9 Pm when all the Children are tucked up in bed and not screaming their heads off. :D

+ I will have the Acom on standby if anyone is struggling to hear me :D

Sounds good to me. :)

I'll post 80m freq around 8:55 lads so get on as fast as you can cause a freq doesn't stay free on 80 m for long :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Malmsteen

Be listening on the Side...

Malmsteen wrote: »
    Be listening on the Side...

How do I sound ? :D

Too much QRM cant catch the signal oh well enjoy guys...73

Too much QRM cant catch the signal oh well enjoy guys...73

Yep one of those nights, we're on TG 2723 on DMR now, night and day difference ! :D

• Advertisement

Yep one of those nights, we're on TG 2723 on DMR now, night and day difference ! :D

Yeah, shocking conditions on HF this evening, 40m was totally dead for me and high QRM on 80.

We will try again next weekend and hopefully we will be able to make contact with you, Malmsteen... :)

Yeah, shocking conditions on HF this evening, 40m was totally dead for me and high QRM on 80.

We will try again next weekend and hopefully we will be able to make contact with you, Malmsteen... :)

Not a lot on 40m voice but I say all the activity on CW and probably RTTY too, tonnes of activity there, might have been a contest or something.

DMR is handy for times like that.

Not a lot on 40m voice but I say all the activity on CW and probably RTTY too, tonnes of activity there, might have been a contest or something.

DMR is handy for times like that.

Yeah, DMR is definitely handy when HF conditions are poor enough. Great to have the QSO, Mad_lad after so long. Also, good to try out this DVstick dongle that I picked up cheap. It does kinda feel like cheating (not using a radio), but I do like it.

Yeah, DMR is definitely handy when HF conditions are poor enough. Great to have the QSO, Mad_lad after so long. Also, good to try out this DVstick dongle that I picked up cheap. It does kinda feel like cheating (not using a radio), but I do like it.

Yeah it was good to have a qso, September and as the last one time is flying.

I had issues with the DMR last night so had enough with that and ordered the FT-3D, spare battery and the fast charger.

I set up my mates ft-3D and it’s so simple DMR is a headache then when something screws up it can take ages to sort, the fr-3D settings can be saved to add card so if something screws up you can restore from the sd card without needing a pc.

Yeah it was good to have a qso, September and as the last one time is flying.

I had issues with the DMR last night so had enough with that and ordered the FT-3D, spare battery and the fast charger.

I set up my mates ft-3D and it’s so simple DMR is a headache then when something screws up it can take ages to sort, the fr-3D settings can be saved to add card so if something screws up you can restore from the sd card without needing a pc.

Great stuff, Mad_Lad. The FT-3D is a lovely radio, not cheap but looks fab.

Let me know when you receive it. Although I don't have a Fusion radio, the DVStick can connect to DMR, Fusion or DStar, so I can hear how it sounds. :)

Yeah cool you should be able to chat with the dvstick.

Looking forward to it now I have to say no messing with code plugs. :D

Anyone up for QSO tonight ?

I'll post the frequency around 8:55 pm.

If conditions are not good we can go to DMR TG 2723 IRL Chat.

80m is packed, hang on.

Difficult......

3.684 hurry!.....

• Advertisement

Sorry lads will call ye in there in a few.

Can ye hear me ? got pounced on right away lol

Can ye hear me ? got pounced on right away lol

Cant hear you locally as QRM is to loud but 5/6 on Hackgreen..enjoying the ragchew 😉

Crap I lost u shyboy didn't write down the freq when I qsy'd DOH.

3.656 ?

Cant hear you locally as QRM is to loud but 5/6 on Hackgreen..enjoying the ragchew ��

lol I should be way louder then 56 on hack green, last U.K guy gave me 30 over, strange, :D

lol I should be way louder then 56 on hack green, last U.K guy gave me 30 over, strange, :D

Sorry, Mad_Lad. U still on HF or wanna try DMR?

Sorry, Mad_Lad. U still on HF or wanna try DMR?

3.656 I lost u forgot what freq I was on when I told u to qsy.... :D

3656 way louder now not as much QRM and now listening locally on the X5105 😉

3656 way louder now not as much QRM and now listening locally on the X5105 ��

How's the Aul X5105 ? :(

Yeah was a grand QSO, hadn't heard Shyboy so loud so his antenna upgrade is definitely working well was almost 10 over with me so the FT-450 D was doing a great job, it sounds good too shame they discontinued it.

• Advertisement

How's the Aul X5105 ? :(

Yeah was a grand QSO, hadn't heard Shyboy so loud so his antenna upgrade is definitely working well was almost 10 over with me so the FT-450 D was doing a great job, it sounds good too shame they discontinued it.

Thanks for the QSO, as always, Mad_Lad. Yes, thankfully a huge improvement with my antenna upgrade.

It was also done in a way that keeps the XYL happy. You know the saying...Happy wife=Happy life. :D

Advertisement