Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sample It thread

• 12-03-2021 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Lots of people asking for this as it's clogging up the freebies thread...

This thread is for everything related to https://sampleit.ie/

The premise of the site is that you sign up, indicate your areas of interest and once a month a box of free samples related to your interests is delivered to you for free. In return you fill out a survey about the samples you tried.

I signed up in December but have yet to receive anything from Sample It. How have the rest of you found it? Have you received anything that you would likely buy?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Zebrag

I signed up for a sample box in November and I'm still waiting. I think it's luck of the draw to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Zebrag wrote: »
    I signed up and got a sample box in November and I'm still waiting. I think it's luck of the draw to be honest

Yeah, probably to do with preferences selected too I suppose. I like the idea though, fingers crossed I get something soon!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Zebrag

Yeah, probably to do with preferences selected too I suppose. I like the idea though, fingers crossed I get something soon!

I've seen a couple of people post online what they got and it's annoying because I know I would absolutely devour the chocolates! As for the drinks, my boyfriend would be glad of a free Guinness from time to time. Fingers cross we will be one of the lucky souls!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I signed up in November and got an email last week that I will get the box.
    Exciting times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I got the box during February.

Not a lot in it I would buy again.

The So.Beer was dreadful imo. Then again, I'm probably not their target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Had a look at the website, couldn't see anywhere to sign up

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I got the box during February.

Not a lot in it I would buy again.

The So.Beer was dreadful imo. Then again, I'm probably not their target.

Funny you should mention So.Beer, I got the free 4 pack with the coupon in the freebies thread. Found it OK to be honest. I would be happy enough with it if I was a designated driver at a party. (Sign of the times that I'd be delighted to be in that situation now :D )

yermandan wrote: »
    Had a look at the website, couldn't see anywhere to sign up

I think they are not accepting new signups at the moment, they were oversubscribed I'd say. Hopefully if it proves popular they will accept new users again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Be interested to see how their algorithm works on who gets what. I am getting the latest box, nothing in it that really appeals to me (of course I haven't tried any of them before so I guess that's the point tbf). However, last box the recipients got a few snacks that since seeing on their Instagram I have picked up loads since! Not sure what they were called, but they are low calorie cake type bars....

I also got the email ages ago about vaping products so hopeful about getting some new juice to try. Actually think it is a product very well suited to this model. Vape juice can be expensive enough so you tend not to move away from your trusted brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭feargantae

I signed up in November. Got their chocolate box and i few days ago i got their "on the go" box. Coke energy drink, (awful!) graze bars and... Hand sanitiser!

A random combo but for free tis grand :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Got the email to say I'd be getting an On The Go box but no sign of it arriving yet.

Received my pack today :)

Received my pack today :)

20210315-102105.jpg

Got the email to say I'd be getting an On The Go box but no sign of it arriving yet.

Just received it a little while ago. The disappointment when I opened it and saw the ad for cheese cubes only to realise there was none inside!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Anyone get the follow-up survey yet...? How soon after delivery does it typically arrive...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Lots of people asking for this as it's clogging up the freebies thread...

This thread is for everything related to https://sampleit.ie/

Will it not just clog up the BA thread too?

Is it a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Just received it a little while ago. The disappointment when I opened it and saw the ad for cheese cubes only to realise there was none inside!

I was the same. The way the voucher was sitting, it looked like it was a pack of cheese 😠But at least there's money off

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Will it not just clog up the BA thread too?

Is it a bargain?

Oh for God's sake, you can't please everyone :rolleyes:

Is it a bargain? Free stuff delivered to your door sounds like a bargain to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Got my pack. Also disappointed at the lack of cheese cubes, although in retrospect not sure how safe it would be to consume cheese posted in a cardboard box with no cooling...

Drank the coke drink. Vile stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Oh for God's sake, you can't please everyone :rolleyes:

Is it a bargain? Free stuff delivered to your door sounds like a bargain to me.

Only if it's stuff you actually make use of. Folks appear decidedly underwhelmed thus far.

Also, there's an element of exchange at play, so it ain't strictly gratis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

dulpit wrote: »
    Got my pack. Also disappointed at the lack of cheese cubes, although in retrospect not sure how safe it would be to consume cheese posted in a cardboard box with no cooling...

Yea the coke was pretty manky , thought it tasted like a mixture of coke and flat lucozade :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just got the survey emailed to me now. I noticed they referred to the box as a mini on the go box, have people gotten bigger boxes in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭amber2

Just got the survey emailed to me now. I noticed they referred to the box as a mini on the go box, have people gotten bigger boxes in the past?

5 items in the jan box.

Tasted like someone dumped a can of red bull into a flat glass of coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I must be loosing it but I've looked at the entire website and can't find anywhere to sign up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Skuxx wrote: »
    I must be loosing it but I've looked at the entire website and can't find anywhere to sign up!!

Its full

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Got my mini box in the post today:
    Mini lifebuoy hand sanitizer
    Graze cocoa bars
    Voucher for Kilmeadan cheese
    Coca cola energy drink.

Not bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

GBX wrote: »
    Got my mini box in the post today:
    Mini lifebuoy hand sanitizer

If you like this it's half price in Dunnes atm, really good handwash too

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭feargantae

Am i the only one of us who actually liked the Coke energy drink? :pac:

Granted i basically run off Monster but...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I got the January box (in February) but no March box. I guess it makes sense I can't get them all!

Advertisement