Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie Identification (Post here if you're looking for the name of a movie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Could that be "night drive" aka "night terror" from 1976?

That sounds like it alright, good spot. John Quade is in it, a sure sign it was made in the 70s!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

MfMan wrote: »
    That sounds like it alright, good spot. John Quade is in it, a sure sign it was made in the 70s!

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭rhc2s4lj5p0xu9

A short I saw on RTE about three years ago. Some man goes into a clock shop and cannot get out of it. All the walls are covered in clocks. I think maybe the door vanishes or becomes a wall. The owner is very strange

I googled and found clocky type films but not this one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

A short I saw on RTE about three years ago. Some man goes into a clock shop and cannot get out of it. All the walls are covered in clocks. I think maybe the door vanishes or becomes a wall. The owner is very strange

I googled and found clocky type films but not this one

Found this one, that looks at a quick glance to be what you're describing:

https://vimeo.com/312920525

lucalux wrote: »
    Found this one, that looks at a quick glance to be what you're describing:

https://vimeo.com/312920525
    Yes, thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Sherfin

Wow

This thread is going places :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Saw it on RTE 1 in the late 80s. Pretty good thriller, in retrospect reminds me of No Country For Old Men.

Saw it on RTE 1 in the late 80s. Pretty good thriller, in retrospect reminds me of No Country For Old Men.
    is it as good as No Country For Old Men?

is it as good as No Country For Old Men?

Well it's a 70s made for tv movie so they're obviously very difficult to compare and its years since I've seen it but it's worth watching if you come across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭johndoe99

trying to remember name of a sci-fi movie i saw in 80's. It's a low budget movie set in space maybe orbiting moon.

I remember one scene vividly, there's a character who's allergic to dairy based products, such so he remarks to another character who accidentally puts some cream in his coffee, he yells it could kill him.

There's a shapeshifting alien on board knocking off the crew one by one, until finally theres 3 of them left and he offers coffee to the allergic one and askes if he'd like cream and he says yes.

• Advertisement

johndoe99 wrote: »
    trying to remember name of a sci-fi movie i saw in 80's. It's a low budget movie set in space maybe orbiting moon.

I remember one scene vividly, there's a character who's allergic to dairy based products, such so he remarks to another character who accidentally puts some cream in his coffee, he yells it could kill him.

There's a shapeshifting alien on board knocking off the crew one by one, until finally theres 3 of them left and he offers coffee to the allergic one and askes if he'd like cream and he says yes.
    Sounds like Dark Star, early John Carpenter film.

Sounds like Dark Star, early John Carpenter film.

i have this movie and that's not it, thanks.

Not much to go on. But would like to see if I could find it.

It was I think a black and white movie (it is in my mind) but could have been colour. It was a vampire movie, possibly hammer. I imagine the vampire in question was dracula. Back in the day a movie, usually horror, used to be shown after the late late show. The movie would be at least 40-50 years old.

The one scene I remember was one of the good guys, possibly the protagonist, in a room, in the centre of which is a stone, waist high vault where you'd expect a coffin to be. There is only one door into the room. The camera pans from the protagonist to the doorway, up some steps and there stands the vampire. The vampire enters and the only thing separating them was the stone vault. I cannot convey how terrifying it was for a young me to see the predicament the protagonist had got himself into. Within touching distance of an actual vampire. The scene has stayed with me. SOMEHOW I think the protagonist escaped.

There's very little to go on. An old, possibly unreliable memory.

I've been meaning to ask this forum for some time. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Not much to go on. But would like to see if I could find it.

It was I think a black and white movie (it is in my mind) but could have been colour. It was a vampire movie, possibly hammer. I imagine the vampire in question was dracula. Back in the day a movie, usually horror, used to be shown after the late late show. The movie would be at least 40-50 years old.

The one scene I remember was one of the good guys, possibly the protagonist, in a room, in the centre of which is a stone, waist high vault where you'd expect a coffin to be. There is only one door into the room. The camera pans from the protagonist to the doorway, up some steps and there stands the vampire. The vampire enters and the only thing separating them was the stone vault. I cannot convey how terrifying it was for a young me to see the predicament the protagonist had got himself into. Within touching distance of an actual vampire. The scene has stayed with me. SOMEHOW I think the protagonist escaped.

There's very little to go on. An old, possibly unreliable memory.

I've been meaning to ask this forum for some time. Any ideas?

Shot in the dark but Hammer's original Dracula from 1958?

https://youtu.be/3vpnvo04nTI?t=1291

Thanks EB. I'll check it out at the weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Thanks EB. I'll check it out at the weekend. :)

No worries, link is timestamped to the possible/probable not scene :)

Thanks very much for going to the trouble of locating the scene from this movie. Must give the full film a look, love the English accents in Central Romania. But, it's not the scene I had in my mind. Hats off though for finding similar.

There's a movie where the protagonist describes being born, basically shoots out of the mother and goes sliding down the hospital corridor.

Anyone know?

There's a movie where the protagonist describes being born, basically shoots out of the mother and goes sliding down the hospital corridor.

Anyone know?

Big Fish?

Purely going from a google search, and this thread on reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/comments/3slxha/tomtmovie_movie_where_baby_shoots_out_during/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Just realised this thread exists, fantastic!

I've spent yonks trying to hunt down the name of the film, thinking it's likely I watched it at a film festival, between about 7 and 12 or so years ago.

At the end, the diabetic granny
    is seen dead on the bed, as the camera zooms out to reveal a beautiful layout of cakes and treats

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Big Fish?

https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/comments/3slxha/tomtmovie_movie_where_baby_shoots_out_during/

Also visualised in a (subsequently banned) ad for XBox :pac:

(viewer discretion is advised)

It is what it's.

oneweb wrote: »
    Just realised this thread exists, fantastic!

I've spent yonks trying to hunt down the name of the film, thinking it's likely I watched it at a film festival.

At the end, the diabetic granny
    is seen dead on the bed, as the camera zooms out to reveal a beautiful layout of cakes and treats

Any idea of year? Haven't a clue from the description, but on the off-chance it might be on this, here's a list of movies featuring diabetes:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_diabetes

Hopefully someone will recognise it and be able to help you out better though

oneweb wrote: »
    Also visualised in a (subsequently banned) ad for XBox :pac:

Wow...I mean...wtaf :)

That ad is something else!

Big Fish?

Most probably, I have watched it a few times. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wositelec

Hello. My name is Daniel. I have difficult questions connected with TV Series.

1) I'm looking for the title of the prison movie or TV series from 80's or 90's. Definitely USA movie or TV series. I remember only short and violent scene, perhaps at the end of episode. Two men are prisoners. Perhaps, they are brothers or only buddies. Their main opposite man is nefarious prison guard. The warden says to prisoner: "You are free, so you go to home", so the prisoners goes. When he goes through long corridor and he is backed, warden shot him in his back. Unfortunately, the prisoner is dead (it was sudden and lethal shot in the back). Then, prison guard says to second prisoner: "You will be suffer". I'm almost sure that it could be low-budget movie or TV Series. I remember that I saw it at least twice in my life. It was many years ago in Polish television entitled POLSAT. I'm sure that it was American movie. Perhaps it was episode "MacGyver", "Matlock" or "Renegade", but it's tough to find.

2) I'm pretty sure that it's episode of "Hercules" TV series or movie connected with Hercules. I remember that Kevin Sorbo and other guy (he is a king, but he has not a crown) are stopped by group of warriors. The king is captured and shouts: "I'm your king, morons!". Hercules laughs of him. Then, Hercules (played by Kevin Sorbo) says to him: "It's strange that they don't recognise you if you don't have a crown"

3) It was episode of unknown TV series, perhaps "Are You Afraid of the Dark?", probably from 90's. I'm almost sure that it's TV series from 90's. I remember only ending scene: the black panther goes through the forest in dark night. Long-haired man is scared, but when wild cat is very near him, the man shouts: "Forgive me Father for I have sinned!" (several times). The black panther stops. The lector says: "The most important is humility!"

4) I'm looking for action/adventure movie from 90's.

A young couple (or engaged couple) arrive to foreign country, somewhere in Southeast Asia. At the start, they are kidnapped from a train by the rebels and imprisoned in their camp. Then, they meet a French couple who had been kidnapped some time earlier. The kidnappers want money from the French and American governments in exchange for the hostages. Any of governments doesn't agree to pay the ransom. Rebels murder men and send pictures of their bodies to their families. The parents of the killed American decide to save his girlfriend and arrive to this country to pay the kidnappers. The women organise to escape the camp, but no effect. Then, there is crucial scene, because women find a buddhist monk. I remember they stumbled upon him just as he was meditating, tried to get his attention, talked to him, kept his hands in his eyes, but he didn't budge. He was almost like silent. Once they gave up and wanted to go on, he stopped them. He shaved them bald, gave them a paste that made their skin a darker color, and orange robes and umbrellas (he used to wear one himself), in short - he helped them dress up as monks. Later they wandered through roads and fields, passing the rebels several times. People treated them with respect and bowed. At the end of the movie, one of the rebels drives past them and realizes it's them, turns back across the field and goes straight for them. The women panic, but the monk stands quietly, pulls his umbrella out in front of him, and at that moment the car explodes (crashed into a mine). At the end they traveled across (probably) a bridge and a van with the parents of the killed American passed them by, his mother met her son's girlfriend in one of the monks and got out to call her. The young, however, thought that it was only hallucinations and she turned away only after calling several times. The women thanked the monk and ran to the others, and he went on. The monk didn't say a word during movie, because he is silent or he pretends to be silent man. Perhaps, the movie was based on a fact.

wositelec wrote: »
    4) I'm looking for action/adventure movie from 90's. A young couple (or engaged couple) arrive to foreign country, somewhere in Southeast Asia. At the start, they are kidnapped from a train by the rebels and imprisoned in their camp. Then, they meet a French couple who had been kidnapped some time earlier. The kidnappers want money from the French and American governments in exchange for the hostages. Any of governments doesn't agree to pay the ransom.

I found. It's "The Hostages" (2002)
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0130398/
    https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/the-screen-guide/t/the-hostages-1997/11916/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Rotting Carrot

There's a film I'm looking for (90s I think) where this guy, who is trouble, starts starts dating this girl. In one scene he starts fingering her on a roller coaster... at least I think it was a roller coaster! I also remember that her father doesn't like this guy.

He's in good physical shape (the guy, not the father). There's one scene where it shows him getting out of a swimming pool and you can see that his back is quite muscly. It's been so long since I've seen it that I can't remember at this stage whether they were young adults or just teenagers.

There's a film I'm looking for (90s I think) where this guy, who is trouble, starts starts dating this girl. In one scene he starts fingering her on a roller coaster... at least I think it was a roller coaster! I also remember that her father doesn't like this guy.

He's in good physical shape (the guy, not the father). There's one scene where it shows him getting out of a swimming pool and you can see that his back is quite muscly. It's been so long since I've seen it that I can't remember at this stage whether they were young adults or just teenagers.

sounds like Fear:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0116287/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 36 Rotting Carrot

johndoe99 wrote: »
    My God, that was Mark Wallberg and Whitherspoon! I never would have thought!! And I didn't cop about William Peterson either!

Advertisement