Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Home

Options
  • 28-02-2021 8:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

My H keeps telling me he can force me out and he’ll keep the kids and house. Up until 2015, I was their full time Carer. Is there any validity in what he’s saying?

How long will we have to live together after separation proceedings start?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Not unless you are a drug addict, raging alcoholic, violent and abusive or have serious psychiatric issues.

What is more likely to happen is that he will have to move out and pay maintenance while you and the kids remain in the family home, so it sounds like an idle threat. You don’t need to worry at all unless you’ve have done something to prove you can’t care for your children.

I see you started another thread about your husband recording arguments so it sounds like there could be more at play here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Unhappywife

YellowLead wrote: »
    Not unless you are a drug addict, raging alcoholic, violent and abusive or have serious psychiatric issues.

What is more likely to happen is that he will have to move out and pay maintenance while you and the kids remain in the family home, so it sounds like an idle threat. You don’t need to worry at all unless you’ve have done something to prove you can’t care for your children.

I see you started another thread about your husband recording arguments so it sounds like there could be more at play here.

Thank you. I’ve always been the main carer and he’s been happy with this. Just as our relationship has deteriorated he’s started recording me.

I’ll properly engage my solicitor now to stop this **** show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Cods wallop and is just a cheap scare tactic.

You are the mother, presumably the primary caregiver, and the house is the family home. As long as your are resasonably sane, that house is one you can consider home until the youngest child is 23.

He will be looking for a bedsit tell him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭XsApollo

He is in for a rude awakening.

I would never take anything for granted with the family court, or family court judges, or make anyone any kind of guaranteed outcome.

None of us knows the ins-and-outs or what goes on behind closed doors in any marriage, either.

He can make an application to the Court for sole occupation of the family home and day to day care and control of the children, in the exact same way you can.

Or

He could make an application for 50:50 shared custody and a property order to have the family home sold and equity divided, rather then move into a bedsit or a house share until the youngest is 23.

All applications will be heard by the court and judged on their own merits. Everyone's separation is different. Never take anything for granted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement