Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 28 transfer thread

• 06-03-2021 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

So many issues.
    Barnes - injured
    Sarah - Mis firing
    Bruno - gone quiet
    No Spurs coverage, no chips and only 5 players (iirc) for the skinny week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭macraignil

Mitchell replacement most likely to come in with an extra player for week 29 looking to be the best direction to go. Is Cresswell the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Chelsea look to be the form team with City. Need to bring in mount I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye looking likely teams need few players moving on in next 2/3 weeks with slight fixture turn and massive drop form and European football too, very glad have my WC in reserve,
    I mean aubameyang is the form player in the league and might even become an option over next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

daheff wrote: »
    Chelsea look to be the form team with City. Need to bring in mount I think

Good idea I am using my FH gw 29 so I have luxury transfer gw28.

But I have no idea what to do. Kane to Werner is the only move I can think of. :eek:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Ings was going out this week, he most definitely is now. Probably Antonio in, can't afford Kane without a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Need to get rid of Mitchell for a gw29 player. Could get Struijk for Leeds but already have Dallas so might get a Brighton or Newcastle defender, they may even be used next gw. Will wildcard probably gw30 so can afford to drop fernandes or Salah. Team isn’t in great shape so I’m just threading water for the next 2 gw really.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Ings was going out this week, he most definitely is now. Probably Antonio in, can't afford Kane without a hit.

Richarlison still is my choice form player similar price. I plan to FH in 29 though, which means I do not have to worry about blanks. Will make sure to check how he does v Chelsea.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

Was going to sell Salah after the next Gameweek anyway but he needs to go before the next Gameweek now. Liverpool are a shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Newbie20 wrote: »
    Was going to sell Salah after the next Gameweek anyway but he needs to go before the next Gameweek now. Liverpool are a shambles.

It's just a case of who to bring in. Im thinking Son currently especially with him playing in blank week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Salah to auba is a possibility

• Advertisement

Salah to auba is a possibility

If I could trust him! Ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Salah to Bale maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

titan18 wrote: »
    Salah to Bale maybe

Thinking the same. I don't see many other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I was going to get Kane in with the money from Salah. Now I’m thinking of maybe Bale instead. I already have Son so maybe having Bale and Son would be enough Spurs. Even if Kane scores theres a good chance one of them will have the assist.

Ya I was thinking Son but Bale is in top form now. It's just a question of him staying fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Damn it Bale, could he not have kept quiet for this week. Everyone will have him in now.
    I was going to get him for GW27 but said I'd give Salah one last hurrah against Fulham :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Have 2FT so tempted by Barnes and Salah to Son and Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Will most likely take a -4 to do cancelo to cresswell, and Salah to either Raphinha or bale with 29 in mind. Taking an aggressive strategy that has landed me with extra hits due to Barnes injury but I think it will pay off, my rivals teams have only 4 & 5 for 29 at the moment so I'd rather have the players and wildcard out of it, chance to gain is huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Id say Bale will be turning a lot of heads this week and Spurs play in 29. Have Kane & Son already but could be tempted to Bale too though the fixture v Arsenal seems a week too early to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Id say Bale will be turning a lot of heads this week and Spurs play in 29. Have Kane & Son already but could be tempted to Bale too though the fixture v Arsenal seems a week too early to do it.

Yeah I'm gonna hold off this week (KDB V Fulham) and then switch him for GW29. Spurs should have another DGW aswell in a few weeks, hopefully before their blank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Muahahaha wrote: »

I know it's a derby game and there is a lot at stake, but the result of both teams games in the Europe League could play a factor in team selection. We saw Arsenals' team selection against Leicester a few weeks ago, left big gun on the bench. Given form and fixture in 29 Bale should be the popular transfer in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭sully123

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Given form and fixture in 29 Bale should be the popular transfer in.

Yes, already gone up in price last night.
    I've already got Son and Kane but gonna bring Bale in also.
    So it's JamRod +TAA out for Bale and a gw29 defender. Probably Brighton.
    Should have 10 players for gw29

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I know it's a derby game and there is a lot at stake, but the result of both teams games in the Europe League could play a factor in team selection. We saw Arsenals' team selection against Leicester a few weeks ago, left big gun on the bench. Given form and fixture in 29 Bale should be the popular transfer in.

Yeah would feel that Arteta is more concentrating on the Europa League but at the same time he cannot afford to risk a derby hammering by Spurs and that Son-Kane-Bale-Lucas Moura attacking threat is looking very dangerous. The Europa League line ups for both Spurs and Arsenal will be interesting. It seems Mourinho is managing Bales minutes carefully too so he may not start every game.

Id say a lot of people will still transfer Bale in but his price of 9.4m means most will have to sell on another premium player to get Bale. Salah owners have probably lost patience at this point so thats an easy enough move for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Currently have 7 for GW29....will be getting rid of Robertson and Salah before then with prob a Brighton defender and Bale/Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Going Veltman to Mitchell, with a view of bringing in Lingard for ESR ahead of Gameweek 29 (will have 8 players active that week)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭skippy15

For a 1 week punt thinking of either Mount or Jota, Head says Mount but the pool fan in me says cant be that bad again,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Thoughts on McGinn at villa for a 2 week punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

He's been way off the boil for a while now, if I was punting on a cheapish Villa mid it'd be Traore

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Thoughts on McGinn at villa for a 2 week punt?

There’s probably better options really. His returns going back the weeks are 3,2,3,5,3,3,2,3,2.

For gw29 you could look at someone else for example in similar price range the likes of Soucek Raphinha Saka etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Klonker wrote: »
    Have 2FT so tempted by Barnes and Salah to Son and Bale.

Having second thoughts on this now. It'll leave me with 3 Man City and 3 Spurs with no wildcard or FH left to use. Would make GW33 difficult to plan for.

Advertisement