Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

• 03-03-2021 12:23pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Raw2016Logo-500x281.jpg

New thread, go nuts :)
    Post edited by Necro on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Batattackrat

Actually loving the Alexa fiend Orton segments.

Lashley deserves to be WWE champion.

WWE starting to do some things right.

Why do you think he deserves it?

Personally think hes bland. Great look, not the worst in the ring, but I just don't think top guy when I see him.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why do you think he deserves it?

Personally think hes bland. Great look, not the worst in the ring, but I just don't think top guy when I see him.

Who else is there really, McIntyre is gone pretty stale and find Lashley far more entertaining.

Who else is there really, McIntyre is gone pretty stale and find Lashley far more entertaining.

The lack of stars is a huge concern, there is no one ready to be main event bar McIntyre.

Lashley has been booked the strongest out of a bad bunch, but I dont find him entertaining.

I feel the whole angle has been thrown together at the last minute. All feels rushed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The best thing they can do is have the Fiend beat Orton with Orton fecking off for a few weeks and coming back as his legend killer character

The Fiend can move onto someone else and become mortal again. He got set on fire came back but can't kick out of a claymore or Lashley lock etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure all they have to do is put him in a Hell in a Cell match since isn't he the first person that lost a HiaC match by having the match stopped?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The best thing they can do is have the Fiend beat Orton with Orton fecking off for a few weeks and coming back as his legend killer character

The Fiend can move onto someone else and become mortal again. He got set on fire came back but can't kick out of a claymore or Lashley lock etc

The Legend Killer is old hat.

If they're gonna do something with that gimmick, it should come full circle with someone looking to kill the legend of Orton.

It would suit Adam Cole or Ciampa, if they weren't both 5'2.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Legend Killer is old hat.

If they're gonna do something with that gimmick, it should come full circle with someone looking to kill the legend of Orton.

It would suit Adam Cole or Ciampa, if they weren't both 5'2.

Why is size such an issue?

Can smaller men not out fight taller men

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I sense sexual tension chemistry between Orton and Bliss :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,082 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Why is size such an issue?

Can smaller men not out fight taller men

Aesthetics! Adam Cole staring up at Orton in promos despite being the aggressor in this imaginary storyline looks weird.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Aesthetics! Adam Cole staring up at Orton in promos despite being the aggressor in this imaginary storyline looks weird.

But its worked well through out history with the right booking. I see no issue with shorter men facing taller men.

Taker vs HBK didnt seem to be hindered by Shawns height.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Me thinks some shenanigans by Drew and the Miz among others

Braun is also asking for an apology from Shane Mcmahon, no doubt he will beat the hell out of him with the commentary team saying 'its one of my destructive things they've ever seen'

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Having stayed up til 5am last night, not a hope I’ll be staying up for this tonight, I’ll wait til morning.

I’d imagine Drew will be interrupting the celebration, and end up team up with Sheamus against The Hurt Business!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Getting this out of the way quickly...

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1369032778881372161

Lord TSC wrote: »

I wouldn't put it past WWE to have another title change esp with all the talk of AEW

Lord TSC wrote: »

I thought rematches were a thing of the past?? Is that not why, for example, Street Profits are building their way back up!? It’s hard stick with WWE when they’re doing things like this...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

daithi1989 wrote: »
    I thought rematches were a thing of the past?? Is that not why, for example, Street Profits are building their way back up!? It’s hard stick with WWE when they’re doing things like this...

Miz posted up a video explaining why he got a rematch. They’re trying to explain it. Hopefully it ends in a couple of minutes in a complete squash.

Title match is pretty early ?

• Advertisement

Suppose I'll stay up for it. Was about to hit the bed.

Bobby getting graphics galore

Well that was meh, won't be staying up for Shane o Mac's apology with Braun haha

Shane McMahon apology time

Yep that Shane/Braun was a load of ****e

Jesus this episode of raw is moving along quite fast, Sheamus vs Drew next in a no DQ match

• Registered Users Posts: 60,181 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sheamus I’m 20 years living in Drew’s shadow this is coming from the man who has won everything in the WWE been a face of the WWE and starred in WWE movies and a guaranteed Hall of Famer lol

Drew has had a decent 1 year in his time in the WWE.

Sheamus I’m 20 years living in Drew’s shadow this is coming from the man who has won everything in the WWE been a face of the WWE and starred in WWE movies and a guaranteed Hall of Famer lol

Drew has had a decent 1 year in his time in the WWE.

Logic and wwe storytelling don't go hand and hand

The step spot didn't look that sore, commentators going on like Sheamus died from it

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Officer999

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The step spot didn't look that sore, commentators going on like Sheamus died from it

It was very weak

• Advertisement

I’ve often tried to defend Raw and WWE, but last night and next week are just undefendable!

Firstly, last night... The first 90 or so min (which I watched live unfortunately!) was just a rehash of last wk. Lashley/Miz, Drew/Sheamus and Shane/Braun

With Fastlane only 2 wks away, and only 2 matches announced for the show, they then give us a Women’s Tag Title match, where the champs were clearly going to win, as its one of the 2 matches announced for the PPV! They spent the last 3-4 wks building up Lana/Naomi (who I never thought would win the belts, but expected them to at least get a fair crack at them!) for a throw away segment, which was nearly more about Reginald than anything else.

And then for next week, they have announced 2 Title matches, 6 nights before a PPV. Why not just have the 2 matches on the PPV, considering the card is so short currently?? Surely that would make more sense? At a ppv, the titles MIGHT change hands, but I cant see either changing hands on Raw, 6 nights before the PPV!

I’m gonna stick with it til ‘Mania, but after that.. It could be a struggle!

Advertisement