Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

• 08-03-2021 9:38pm

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to discuss these two and their interview with Oprah so hopefully it can stay here :)

I watched it and was transfixed. I don't Believe Meghan was lying but I've a feeling there is much more to her experiences. Reading between the lines of the current family estrangements it seems that the difficulty was mostly with Charles and William. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

What say the rest of you?

Mod:

I have updated the OP of this thread with a list of threadbanned users, I would advise posters to check on this before posting in the thread again or a forum sanction will be imposed for breaching same.

If you want to discuss your threadban feel free to PM the banning mod (or myself if you can't remember who that is and I'll point you in the right direction).

Threadbanned Users:
    sebdavis
    Alfred123
    extra gravy
    irishblessing
    anewme
    4shameee
    Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

It was a televised interview and you don’t think anyone was lying?
    Like really?

Yeah. Colour me naive?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭buried

If the two of them are to really come out and dish the actual dirt they should do it full frontal, but they will only do it half-arsed, both in order to keep getting money and ultimately not get clipped.

The Royal Family in Britain are nothing but a multi-million pound corporation, with the Granny Queen as the tourist celebrity postcard figurehead. She is told how to perform just like the rest of them.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

There doesn't seem to be anywhere to discuss these two and their interview with Oprah so hopefully it can stay here :)

It’s thankfully hidden away in the Celebrity and Showbiz forum

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058166126/1/#post116493769

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Be right back

It’s thankfully hidden away in the Celebrity and Showbiz forum

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058166126/1/#post116493769

The thread has been closed.

Did they say why Meghan had been interviewed on her own first?

• Advertisement

Someone in RTÉ needs to go back and watch Reeling in the Years 1949.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭badabing106

All white people who identify as cis, owe an apology for their unconscious racist bias. We are all implicit and enablers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

I find her a bit manipulative and showboating. Harry could be a bit more assertive but it looks like he is happy in the back seat. It's all just a soup sandwich of events.

The thread has been closed.

Did they say why Meghan had been interviewed on her own first?

I don't think so but probably because it is mostly related to her alleged treatment and how she feels.

I don't think Meghan is bad or terrible or a monster but I think she very much enjoyed giving that interview.

Yeah. Colour me naive?

I am not calling you anything, and if I did you’d just call me a cynic back.

I couldn’t care less if it’s true or not, it’s fodder for the masses to be outraged and will bring in plenty of cash. and that’s all it’s about I think.

• Advertisement

Jequ0n wrote: »
    I am not calling you anything, and if I did you’d just call me a cynic back.

I couldn’t care less if it’s true or not, it’s fodder for the masses to be outraged and will bring in plenty of cash. and that’s all it’s about I think.

Ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

It's becoming plainly obvious that Harry is Hewitts son.
    Charles prepared to cut ties with him altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Wait ‘til he finds out that they killed his mother.

I don't think so but probably because it is mostly related to her alleged treatment and how she feels.

I don't think Meghan is bad or terrible or a monster but I think she very much enjoyed giving that interview.

And that’s the beauty of it: emotive appeals, brink of tears, no evidence.

I am by no means claiming that they are lying because none of us know, but I can definitely say that I do not believe anything said either.

Probably works in the US but the whole race angle (while being interviewed by a black TV celebrity) is just a bit too tailored to work here.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,813 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's becoming plainly obvious that Harry is Hewitts son.
    Charles prepared to cut ties with him altogether.

That old rumour again, he looks like a ginger Charles

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

He looks nothing like Charles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

All I got to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

I really couldn't give a flying fcuk about the Royals, but what I did find interesting was how many Irish media outlets ran heavily with the story today. So I couldn't help but hear about it on the news

It was interesting because it said to me that Covid is dying out more and more. And any day it's not at the forefront of the media is a good day

So if it wasn't the Queen or that mad b@stard Phillip who made that comment about the child's skin colour, who was it then?

Charles?

Andrew?

Anyhoo, a disgusting family that should have been "un-royal'd" by the British people decades ago

All I got to say

Probably better off saying nothing if that's the case

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Strikes me as the type who perceives slights in everything in order to have drama. A head melt basically who caused ructions but was tolerated for the sake of "Haz". You know the type, wants automatic respect but does nothing to earn it. The kind of serial bully who would exploit someone innocently (her mother actually being black) and legitimately musing about what their baby might look like and cry racist.

Lovebombed Harry and the lure of them swanning off to the US and be his own man not living off his father and brothers Duchy was strong and the excuse given was the toxic media. The compassion commercial cash in. The pandemic cut out forging that lucrative stint towards multi-millions and now to stay relevant and in the headlines (while concurrently seeking privacy) we have this money spinner where it's a tick the box victim playing/sympathy seeking "your tears say more than real evidence ever can" exercise. The toxic media card no longer enough so we get Racism, Bullying, Suicidal thoughts, mental health. Tell all interview?

Someone in the Royal family made a racist remark about our unborn child.

Who?

Would rather not say, it would destroy them.

Ok so.

By the way, it isn't the Queen or Phil.

GTFO. Sh*t or get off the pot.

• Advertisement

Jequ0n wrote: »
    And that’s the beauty of it: emotive appeals, brink of tears, no evidence.

I am by no means claiming that they are lying because none of us know, but I can definitely say that I do not believe anything said either.

Probably works in the US but the whole race angle (while being interviewed by a black TV celebrity) is just a bit too tailored to work here.

I think there were things said that are true but not true.

For example when Meghan spoke about crying after a discussion with Kate that to me seemed intended to paint Kate in a negative light. It probably did happen that she got upset but that doesn't necessarily mean Kate was being mean. Also she said that it was during a time when there were the issues with her father and people were being supportive. Absolutely. What I heard though was 'this is MY TIME how dare you not stand with me and be nothing but caring towards me'.

valoren wrote: »
    Strikes me as the type who perceives slights in everything in order to have drama. A head melt basically who caused ructions but was tolerated for the sake of "Haz". You know the type, wants autimatic respect but does nothing to earn it.

Lovebombed Harry and the lure of them swanning off to the US and be his own man not living off his father and brothers Duchy was strong and the excuse given was the toxic media. The compassion commercial cash in. The pandemic cut out forging that lucrative stint towards multi-millions and now to stay relevant and in the headlines (while concurrently seeking privacy) we have this money spinner where it's a tick the box victim playing/sympathy seeking "your tears say more than real evidence ever can" exercise. Racism. Bullying. Suicidal thoughts. Tell all interview?

Someone in the Royal family made a racist remark about our unborn child.

Who?

Would rather not say, it would destroy them.

Ok so.

By the way, it isn't the Queen or Phil.

GTFO.

Charles or William.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

I'd say that Meghan one is an awful lot of work tbh.

Some people are idiots all the same reading their hot insights into what's really going on, on this thread and elsewhere. Either that or they're just regurgitating what they read in the British rags.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Their biggest mistake was dragging the archbishop of canterbury into it

He only answers to two people

herself and god

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭berocca2016

Charles or William.

I'm imagining it's more likely to be Charles, if his portrayal in Channel 4's the Windsors is accurate.

I think there were things said that are true but not true.

For example when Meghan spoke about crying after a discussion with Kate that to me seemed intended to paint Kate in a negative light. It probably did happen that she got upset but that doesn't necessarily mean Kate was being mean. Also she said that it was during a time when there were the issues with her father and people were being supportive. Absolutely. What I heard though was 'this is MY TIME how dare you not stand with me and be nothing but caring towards me'.

This is interesting because I read the whole thing as a media and ego stunt, too, but the game contains too many players to ascertain who is pulling which strings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Their biggest mistake was dragging the archbishop of canterbury into it

He only answers to two people

herself and god

100%

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Charles or William.

That's the beauty of it.

Keep everyone guessing and speculating but tar them all with the same racist brush in one broad stroke instead of telling all in what was touted as a tell all interview.

If they named, say, William then all the Palace PR spin could do would be to issue a statement about how the Duke "was excited at the potential prospect of a neice or nephew of color and is deeply saddened that his brother and sister in law felt this was a racist sentiment."

They know what they're doing by not naming names.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,948 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The "royal" family are dirt. The whole thing about them is a disgrace. They're no better than reality TV trash. And Oprah Winfrey is another piece of lowlife crap. She's a backstabbing snake. Why the F is this manure on Irish TV?

Advertisement