Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post parcel locker users. How to sign up/advantages?

Options
  • 08-03-2021 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

How do I sign up to this service and what do I need to provide, I.D wise?

Is this reliable? And what are the common problems you are all experiencing(as I don't want to lose my packages if this has teething problems!:eek:)

Is it for users of addresspal already registered or is it seperate?

I looked on the website and there's not alot of information about the sign up or how it works, reliability etc.

S.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well mostly it seems to work for deliveries too and from Amazon. Though I'd suppose other companies use it too.

In the past, for deliveries coming from Amazon via An Post, you'd get a text message from An Post the day before delivery and in the text would be a URL to the An Post website where you could opt to have it sent to a locker of your choosing, rather then have them deliver it to you.

No sign up needed, all happens relatively automatically.

Also if you are doing a return to Amazon and using a prepaid An Post returns label, you can just scan the labels barcode at the locker and send the parcel back via locker.

I also assume it works via AddressPal, but I haven't tried it yet.

I tried it when it first started, but now that Amazon are doing their own deliveries in the Dublin area, I haven't used it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Thanks. I presume you only need to make sure the sender has put your mobile number on the label? Thanks again I might give it a whirl.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    Thanks. I presume you only need to make sure the sender has put your mobile number on the label? Thanks again I might give it a whirl.

I think it is more of a case that big companies like Amazon interact with An Post behind the scenes and transfer the data across. I don't think it works for just any company.

I guess AdressPal might be the way to get it to work for every delivery, but then that would cost you extra for the AddressPal delivery. But no harm in signing up for AddressPal so they know your details.

Having said that, I always find it a good idea to stick my mobile number on the box. It really helps with deliveries.

Advertisement