Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job Application response

Options
  • 07-03-2021 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I recently applied for a job. I recieved the below response & I was not interviewed.

"We have reviewed your application. Unfortunately, you are not the right fit for the position at this time.

I am sorry for the disappointing news. Best of luck in your job search."

What exactly does 'not the right fit' mean?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭sugarman20

It could mean a whole range of things. They are probably just using a template rejection email.

All it seems to mean in this case is that they don't think you're the best candidate.

Usually it's referred to in relation to the interview phase, where they're trying to see past your qualifications/experience to ask 'do we think you'd get on well with our company culture'/'do you reflect our company values'.

I think in your case perhaps they've just been a little lazy with their use of language, unless there was something that came across in your application with regards to fit, e.g. if it's a non-creative job and you had a very unconventional, creative CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fluffy101

It means nothing in particular, just a generic way to reject your application.

Advertisement