Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Boardser: Main House

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,813 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cj maxx wrote: »
    How did all you back stabbers make alliances. Go into some ones diary room , how ?

Mam was the maker :D

I wish I made one with LeVar and Necro only might have been helpful, Trigger was on Team Kolido and wouldn't share popcorn and went in incognito :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    My diary room is boring compared to others, think discord chats got more and lots of gifs

I already miss the house and discord too

So who is doing the house cleaning :p

th?id=OIP.XtEnDHgTWiSITRPxreIIfQHaE1&pid=Api&P=0&w=243&h=159

You should have your own tv show Liz. Minus the poop emojis though. :D

You should have your own tv show Liz. Minus the poop emojis though. :D

I'm waiting on media deals, agent is working through them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

There are some great diaries in there, still not done reading! cee_jay, great insight into the paranoia, some of which I caused! :D :pac: And as it turned out there was no need to worry about suspecting me ;) As you now know, it was not Seph, I just love cats! :)

giphy.gif
    :D
    Nah, I'll second this, it was a lot of work, but we had our fun too, and that's all that matters

How many discord chats in total were opened set up?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How many discord chats in total were opened set up?

I think it said 15 in the Jury deliberation room :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ari101 wrote: »
    There are some great diaries in there, still not done reading! cee_jay, great insight into the paranoia, some of which I caused! :D :pac: And as it turned out there was no need to worry about suspecting me ;) As you now know, it was not Seph, I just love cats! :)

I had my suspicions about you ari. I thought you were , worse than anything , an undercover mod.

I had my suspicions about you ari. I thought you were , worse than anything , an undercover mod.

Are you still in the house cj maxx :p

Baggly wrote: »
    We will always have Paris Liz :-*
    Paris is the name of Lizs gag.
    Kolido wrote: »
    And I suppose you were the Eifel Tower
    Nah she wouldn't let me close enough to her champs elysee

I don't see London, Bags don't see France as I am the mighty Captain Underpants, part of The A Team we had a plan to all last as long as Hughie's tan, Bags claimed to be fast but no Usain Bolt he played a good game but needed a jolt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Well done Kolido, Ari and Baggly on getting into the final and well done Kol for the inaugural win.

Necro ASLB Trigger well done on an amazing game, loved it, it was great to ply a game you could have some craic let your hair down and ge to know other players. I enjoyed the backroom and the chance to interfer with the running of the house,

Looking forward to the next one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Firstly I will say, I have Burned Liz and Baggly's discord chat to the ground, I wouldn't wish that on anyones eyes

So onto the game, from a mod POV, Necro and LeVar are absolute workhorses, and they should be getting the majority of the credit for the game and they deserve it. It was a gruelling week in all honesty trying to keep up with everything

The main thread had 3000 or so posts, the backrooms had 2800, then there was 15 or so discords, probably 8 that were used extensively. Some of these were hitting a hundred posts every hour easily. This amount of reading crippled all three of us mid week with headaches, but we all ploughed through it. The one thing I will say to the next person who tries to run one, make sure you have 5 or 6 mods. Its an unreal amount of work.

The contestants were all fantastic and embraced the game in a way that I didn't think was possible, and produced some of the highlights of my time here in forum games. I would mimic LeVar with any of the last 4 as deserving winners.

I was screaming at the screen for CeeJay and JGF to put 2 and 2 together and call Ari out, but alas that didn't happen. Ari was allowed to continue to play her game which she did to perfection..

Cee_Jay definitely had the best overall gameplay, taking on absolutely everything, I honestly don't know how you juggled everything this week.

Baggly ran his alliance with ease, but was too much of a werewolf player in the end.

Kolido, the peoples champ! When you have read everything in the game you cannot begrudge this man the title! He was Big Boardsers Brian Dowling. Great Craic and as I said before, an all round Nice guy.

A couple of my highlights of the week were:

Making Buile call Roland Roland in a secret task, she was so good at it for ages and then messed up twice in successive posts in her discord. She failed and blamed me for "splitting them up", the real reason being that Roland referred to his wife in the chat :D Buile hit into the game impressively right from the start, and her taken on persona was great to read in the Diary Room and the discord.

The MS Paint challenge, its one of my favourite games on FG so to be able to incorporate it into this was brilliant. I loved all the pictures so hats off to everyone. I've no problem with telling anyone that Lockdown pretty much has me at my lowest point ever, one of the things I have been doing to occupy my mind in the evenings is drawing and sketching, as it is a great relief(I would encourage people to try it) so with that in mind it was an absolute pleasure to draw the Avatar picture. I'm shamelessly reposting it!

shbrkQW.jpg

The craic that was had on discord with everyone, I really loved dropping a gif in to random discords to wind people up :D Necro LeVar and myself really did have some absolute great fun, chatting about the game and scheming in there. Those two are great fun! Pity I was overruled a lot when I wanted to throw people to the wolves so to speak :)

Thank you all so much for the pleasure and fun that ye have given us this last week, I had a ball and I really hope ye did too.

Just one more thing, Tony and Slyvio <3<3<3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That drawing had me laughing my head off, Trigger.
    It's absolutely brilliant!

I have laughed so much this week. Great game.
    The work behind it must be unreal. Thanks to the three of you for pulling it all together.

And once again, so delighted that Kolido won.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,817 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

+1 on everything Sylvio said above .

Brilliant game , thank you three for running it !

Absolutely the best fun , a lot more intense than I could ever have imagined, truthfully our Discord chats had me cracking up all week , the gifs were priceless :D

That drawing had me laughing my head off, Trigger.
    It's absolutely brilliant!

I have laughed so much this week. Great game.
    The work behind it must be unreal. Thanks to the three of you for pulling it all together.

And once again, so delighted that Kolido won.

There was a couple of hidden messages in the picture:

Baggly: his one is biggest but hidden behind others, he was the biggest game games player, but orcastrated everything behind everyone else

Cee_Jay & JGF together, they were close allies throughout the game

Hilda in the bottom corner, as you were a low poster and staying clear of everyone

Liz looking at AJ saying Chaos Darling, but really I drew her a a harmless person as she really didn't create any chaos apart from poo gifs

And lastly Mam, the don, watching over everything with a knife that she had just pulled from Buile's back

Trigger wrote: »

Baggly: his one is biggest but hidden behind others, he was the biggest game games player, but orcastrated everything behind everyone else

Hilda in the bottom corner, as you were a low poster and staying clear of everyone

Liz looking at AJ saying Chaos Darling, but really I drew her a a harmless person as she really didn't create any chaos apart from poo gifs

And lastly Mam, the don, watching over everything with a knife that she had just pulled from Buile's back

Totally out of my depth would be how i would describe myself, tbh.

Totally out of my depth would be how i would describe myself, tbh.

Ha, you were well able for it, as shown when we gave you the task, all you needed was that little push :D

Ha, you were well able for it, as shown when we gave you the task, all you needed was that little push :D

The pressure, trying to think of something to say! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I really enjoyed my picture Baggly. Its close to reality.... are tou spying on me?

Hope you like the hair and muscles....and the stink lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Id just like to point out that the rules clearly indicate that the winner has to buy everyone a beer at the next Covid free drinks at some point in the future.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Id just like to point out that the rules clearly indicate that the winner has to buy everyone a beer at the next Covid free drinks at some point in the future.

Suddenly glad I did not win :p
    Kolido, I'll have a white wine, anything but chardonnay ;)

• Advertisement

Suddenly glad I did not win :p
    Kolido, I'll have a white wine, anything but chardonnay ;)

Runner up buys second round :D

Runner up buys second round :D

And third place buys everyone 3 drinks.

It ends there. No one else has to buy anyone else anything. Clearly states this in the small print.

tumblr_m496xyu7GQ1qdh5b6o1_500.gif

I did think I created chaos in the discord chats and house, should have went bigger with fixXer level chaos :p

Firstly I will say, I have Burned Liz and Baggly's discord chat to the ground, I wouldn't wish that on anyones eyes

How many copies did you burn as someone selling 2 for €1 on Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Haven't done a deep-dive in to the backrooms yet, but...
    I read all the diarys! Some were brilliant. I'm disgusted the Valeyard got beer in his. Aaron's was hilarious. I really enjoyed JGFs, Aris and Mams. Explained a lot.

Sad that's over now!

Back to reality.

I can only apologise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

God I was so green. I knew there were back channels, just couldn't find them on the phone!
    And I didn't really use my diary room. Hangover from not watching bb :(

God I was so green. I knew there were back channels, just couldn't find them on the phone!
    And I didn't really use my diary room. Hangover from not watching bb :(

Next time! I got invited into alliances by others, I think if I hadn't been lucky to get asked I just would have hung out as a lone wolf all week :D:o I learned how to access the back rooms wartching a game of werewolf. I think being active on thread and maybe doing ok in the first challenge helped me get invited...? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Next time! I got invited into alliances by others, I think if I hadn't been lucky to get asked I just would have hung out as a lone wolf all week :D:o I learned how to access the back rooms wartching a game of werewolf. I think being active on thread and maybe doing ok in the first challenge helped me get invited...? :D

The reason I chose you, Ace and Liz was because I assumed most of the FG regulars would split off in to separate groups, so I tried to pick people who might not be, to give them at least one group to be a part of. Though obviously ye were both invited in to those groups anyway :)

• Advertisement

The reason I chose you, Ace and Liz was because I assumed most of the FG regulars would split off in to separate groups, so I tried to pick people who might not be, to give them at least one group to be a part of. Though obviously ye were both invited in to those groups anyway :)

A Team Forever! :D

walk-fours-the-ateam-gif-8052560.gif

Advertisement