Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Boggers Log

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Terrence trent Darby:p

That song is quality :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

TTD was the man. Smooth!!!

I tried that sliding move in a night club in Galway and knocked over a group of ladies like 10 pins :(

My dancing is worse than my running:)

TbL

https://youtu.be/ynIHsHYaig0

Oh good god I can just imagine haha

skyblue46 wrote: »
    That song is quality :D

Would never had pictured you as a fan!

Would never had pictured you as a fan!

Full of surprises me...:D

Absolutely loved Wishing Well....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,418 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Yeah just waiting on the bus pass! But I didn't have an Atlantic gale behind me.....:pac::pac:

Well spotted. ;)

But I agree. With that mile time, why wait? Might as well get it out of the way if you’re chomping at the bit. Worth talking over with the coach anyway, surely? I won’t be offended if you set the target. :)

Stick on some Janis Ian and I might have a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

If you like TTD you’ll love The Lonely Island:

https://youtu.be/VLnWf1sQkjY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Go to jog.fm and put in your easy pace, it'll give you a list of songs for that bpm and you can create a Spotify list then. I also believe there's Spotify running which tailors songs to match your pace (I haven't tried that one).

Would've thought the Saw Doctors were about the height of TbL's musical taste. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Murph_D wrote: »
    Would've thought the Saw Doctors were about the height of TbL's musical taste. :p

When I met ould Murph on the way to Shannon
    Was the last time I travelled that road
    And as I turned left at Claregalway
    I could feel a lump in my throat
    As I pictured the thousands of times
    That I travelled that well worn track
    And I know that things would be different
    When I finally left Murph flat on his back :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

I've been meaning to start a thread on running playlists for a while now but haven't gotten around to it.......your earlier post has spurred me on to do something about it :)

• Advertisement

Poorest week in months training wise and as per, I doubled down and let the nutrition side of things slide too. Started to get some fissures in my heel and ended up with a crack bigger than the one in Murphs ass :) Painful to walk on and I’ve been putting more Vaseline and balms on it than a baby’s rash butt! Very slow to heal.

Mon & Tue: very easy miles, did another 2.4km pacing job for my daughter on Tue. She wasn’t so happy with my cajoling during the run but was very happy afterwards :)

Wed: planned session: wu/cd, fartlek 4x2 mins on/off @ 6.45/7.15-30 + 6x1 mins on/off @ 6.30/7.15. What an absolute sh1t day for running, howling winds and driving rain. Jogged up to the pitch for this, pitch was badly cut up so I’d to run in from the sidelines so I could get some grip. Good effort and form for this despite the conditions and managed it ok. 7.5 miles in total.

Thur: 4 easy miles, heel was sore!

Fri: up to the pitch, given the sore heel I decided to drop the planned progression run and just do easy laps. Lots of people on the pitch jogging, sprinting, football drills etc. Like a stupid greyhound that sees a rabbit once I see others runners I up the pace. Ended up doing 4 miles faster than planned :(

Sat: 4 miles Easy plod around the pitch. Decided to can the session coz of the heel.

Sun: see above but included 1.5 miles tempo.

Disappointed with this week and my mental reaction to it. Concerted effort to get back on track from tomorrow.

A post by Wottle yesterday on Strava privacy issues was an eye opener for me. I’m old school and don’t do social media, I try an guard my privacy as much as possible and the only picture of me on dinterweb is a work photo that I was obliged to put up. I don’t even use Google any more I use DuckDuckGo as my search engine as it blocks cookies. Having followers on social media is like being rich in monopoly!!!

I couldn’t believe that Strava shows satellite imagery of your house (if you start/finish your run from there). Surely you should have to opt into things like that rather than opt out (I’d to ask for help to be able to put up a privacy zone). It’s scary the amount of information that is being collected on you without your tacit/informed consent.

Stay safe peeps!

TbL

Probably loads of race photos too, no? Can’t believe you never noticed the satellite view before. Agree with the data thing but the sad fact is we all opt into this when we agree to the T&Cs. I know someone who’s doing a PhD on the legal aspect of these user agreements. A big topic!

Hope the heel heals before healy’s pacing gig. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Dont worry C - we've all seen your house.

The nets on the tennis courts need changing, the pool needs to be descaled and the pitch & putt course needs a few more bunkers - but apart from that, its cool.

The Fiat Panda in the garden was a let down.

Dont worry C - we've all seen your house.

The nets on the tennis courts need changing, the pool needs to be descaled and the pitch & putt course needs a few more bunkers - but apart from that, its cool.

The Fiat Panda in the garden was a let down.

The Fiat Panda was the Pool Boys, A :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

I'm getting a fierce Bunny-Boiler vibe off this privacy concern. Could be wrong like, but in all fairness, who else is going to be stalking an auld fella?

Sun: 4 miles around the pitch, easy/steady/tempo, heel split again mid run :(

Mon: 5 miles easy to steady @ 8.33

Tue: 7 miles steady @ 8.27

Wed: missed session, heel starting to heal and didn’t want it to open up again. Daughter was trying a HM TT, see ran sub 2.15 and was delighted. I joined her for a few miles. 7.4 miles very very easy.

Thur: motivation low. 8 miles easy @ 8.41. Was very stiff and sore afterwards and spent over an hour rolling and stretching!

Fri: easy trot with my daughter, trying to ease out the aches and pains and get some mojo back. 5 miles very very easy. More rolling and stretching.

I picked up Gerry Duffy’s book, who dates, runs and started reading it again. I like the positivity and badly need some motivation.

Sat: out in the garden shovelling hard compact soil for a couple of hours and wasn’t sure what to run. Body didn’t feel too bad after the labour (although my soft office boy hands are now blistered :)) so I decided to try and get some mojo back by trying a fast 5k. Off the cuff plan was to run sub 20.30 and let the 2nd coming of Krusty pace me to a sub 20 in Newbridge in a couple of weeks.

I decided to wear the magic carpets for this. Quick mile warm up and got stuck in.The shoes are strange, twack twack waddle waddle but was was more than happy to see the first mile come in about 6.10 especially as I was feeling controlled. Quick reassessment and I decided to go for a sub 20 time. Bit more incline on mile two and the bit of breeze there was was into my face, 6.17. Mile 3 was hard and I could feel the lactic acid starting to flow but once I got to 2.5 miles I knew I’d break 20. Mile 3 came in at 6.13 and Strava says I did the 5k in 19.15.

If that’s correct it’s a 5k PB!

#fasterinmyfifties :)

I think the shoes did an awful lot of the hard work and I’m not getting carried away. Be interesting to try it in my usual shoes, but the one thing it did was lift my spirits. Back running after a long layoff with a dodgy back and to break my old 5k PB on a solo training effort was satisfying and makes all the sore and achey days worth it. I definitely think the shoes plus pacing by Krusty Mark 2 and I can go sub 19.

Motivation restored!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

Congratulations! Thats absolutely fantastic, delighted for you C :)

Well done, maestro. Life in the old dog yet. The few easy days did you no harm. It’s almost like you were secretly tapering. ;)

Hearty congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Awesome congrats! I'm saving magic carpets for a 10k not spur of the connemara moment goal. All excited now. You smashed the sub 20! Not too surprised after a 5:29 mile and although not a lot of recent volume.. a base is deeper than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Nice one lad. Felix Baumgartner would've been proud of that elevation drop :pac:

Nice running man.

• Advertisement

Nice one lad. Felix Baumgartner would've been proud of that elevation drop :pac:

Nice running man.

Cheers.

What elevation drop, am I missing something, first mile had a bit of a decent downhill but it was my usual Saturday route and I thought it evened out.

How do I check?

TbL

Murph_D wrote: »
    Well done, maestro. Life in the old dog yet. The few easy days did you no harm. It’s almost like you were secretly tapering. ;)

Hearty congrats!

Thanks D

Definitely spur of the moment, I wouldn’t have run 8 and 7 miles during the week and definitely wouldn’t have been out in the garden beforehand.

Looking forward to doing it in an actual race.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Cheers.

What elevation drop, am I missing something, first mile had a bit of a decent downhill but it was my usual Saturday route and I thought it evened out.

How do I check?

TbL

Only ball hopping. :pac:

The first mile of the 5k had a 79ft elevation drop.
    Doeznt take anything away from the run... I'd make a bigger deal of it if you ran 19.59 ;)

Only ball hopping. :pac:

The first mile of the 5k had a 79ft elevation drop.
    Doeznt take anything away from the run... I'd make a bigger deal of it if you ran 19.59 ;)

:(

Well fcuk that, that’s the route I run every Saturday.

So I don’t qualify for an auld lad WR time!

I’ll have to have another go in a few weeks

TbL

Well done on being faster in your fifties;) There's hope for me yet :P

Delighted for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Not surprising to be honest with you with the consistent block of running you’ve gotten into the legs C. Brilliant to see a run like that from you, well done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Superb to pull off a big lifetime pb like that in a spur of the moment 5k. It's some comeback you're having, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Thats super for a spur of the moment effort. Top marks.

Great effort! Did you have to take any medication to deal with the sudden change in altitude?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Great stuff. Hopefully sub 19 will be a doddle to the sound of twack and waddle.

Advertisement