Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting setup on coinbase

Options
  • 05-03-2021 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I set up a coinbase non premium account last week, just lodged €50 from my visa debit to get me started and see how it works and get a feel for the fees (which seem fairly steep); so I went to sell the etherueum and the balance went into my euro wallet, no issues. When I go to most importantly transfer to my bank account, I get the below message continually. I tried ringing up the only coinbase number I have and essentially have locked myself out of the account. It seems very glitchy and not reliable for basic crypto buying.

Hi XXXX,
    On March 4, 2021, you withdrew €49.94 via your bank account.
    Unfortunately, your withdrawal could not be completed. If you wish to make another withdrawal, please try again or add a new payment method.

If the transaction continues to be canceled, please visit our Help Center for support.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Sincerely,
    The Coinbase Team

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Chawosfski

bs2014 wrote: »
    I set up a coinbase non premium account last week, just lodged €50 from my visa debit to get me started and see how it works and get a feel for the fees (which seem fairly steep); so I went to sell the etherueum and the balance went into my euro wallet, no issues. When I go to most importantly transfer to my bank account, I get the below message continually. I tried ringing up the only coinbase number I have and essentially have locked myself out of the account. It seems very glitchy and not reliable for basic crypto buying.

Hi XXXX,
    On March 4, 2021, you withdrew €49.94 via your bank account.
    Unfortunately, your withdrawal could not be completed. If you wish to make another withdrawal, please try again or add a new payment method.

If the transaction continues to be canceled, please visit our Help Center for support.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Sincerely,
    The Coinbase Team

You should have just left it in the euro wallet tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

Chawosfski wrote: »
    You should have just left it in the euro wallet tbh

Why is that? I want to practice actually being able to get the money into my account so I know my money is retrievable at a point in the future when hopefully crypto would grow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Chawosfski

bs2014 wrote: »
    Why is that? I want to practice actually being able to get the money into my account so I know my money is retrievable at a point in the future when hopefully crypto would grow.

You should have got more practice on coinbase with the initial outlay

Withdraw at a much later stage

Chawosfski wrote: »
    You should have got more practice on coinbase with the initial outlay

Withdraw at a much later stage

This is what I am doing....practicing....what is the rules with coinbase, do you have to be online a certain number of days or weeks before can withdraw funds. I can't find the criteria anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭alanbk

I’d the same issues on Coinbase. I eventually deleted the app. I think the issue was with the credit card. I had to setup sepa etc on account. I remember I was “ blocked” from withdrawing so what I did was transfer the crypto and euro to Binance and CoinMetro and then withdrew euro. You can also transfer to Revolut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Coinbase has become a pain in the hole in recent years, especially with regard to bank transfers (and their three-factor authentification process)

But if you've got as far as putting funds in (and paying their hefty standard commission) you'd be better off using those funds to practise trading on the Coinbase Pro platform where the fees are considerably less. As for their help desk ... the last time I had to contact them, I received no feedback other than a message saying "this issue has been resolved and the ticket closed" about a week after I opened it. No idea whether or not the issue was resolved, because I decided to take it (problem depositing funds) as a sign that I shouldn't let them have any more of my money.

alanbk wrote: »
    I’d the same issues on Coinbase. I eventually deleted the app. I think the issue was with the credit card. I had to setup sepa etc on account. I remember I was “ blocked” from withdrawing so what I did was transfer the crypto and euro to Binance and CoinMetro and then withdrew euro. You can also transfer to Revolut.

Its only 50e thankfully but is weird you can deposit money from X debit card but then it won't let you withdraw onto the same card...I didn't have a card reader to do sepa and have had bad experience with revolut in the past lol. Since my account is still locked I can't even go in and try transfer it now until hopefully it gets unlocked. I might try transfer to paypal

Advertisement