Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody do MSc Interactive Media recently?

Options
  • 01-12-2020 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm a self-taught developer and I've recently become interested in computer graphics. I'm thinking of doing the MSc Interactive Media so I can learn the subject on a deeper level e.g. OpenGL/Metal/shaders/AR/VR/Unity. I've read the mostly negative comments about the course but they are a few years old. Has anybody done the course recently. Has it improved at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dgallagher_73

BillUnder wrote: »
    I'm a self-taught developer and I've recently become interested in computer graphics. I'm thinking of doing the MSc Interactive Media so I can learn the subject on a deeper level e.g. OpenGL/Metal/shaders/AR/VR/Unity. I've read the mostly negative comments about the course but they are a few years old. Has anybody done the course recently. Has it improved at all?
    Just wondering is the "MSc Interactive Media" course that you're asking about the one that UCC offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 BillUnder

Just wondering is the "MSc Interactive Media" course that you're asking about the one that UCC offers?

Yes that’s the one I’m referring to. Did you do it?

Yes that’s the one I’m referring to. Did you do it?
    No sorry but I'm thinking of doing it after I go back to UCC as a mature student and complete a BSc in Computer Science. I'm interested in the Unity Game engine myself.

May I ask why are you thinking of doing "MSc Interactive Media" instead of the "MSc in Computer Science" that is also offered by UCC?

I'm genuinely curious to understand your reasoning as I may learn something!

May I ask why are you thinking of doing "MSc Interactive Media" instead of the "MSc in Computer Science" that is also offered by UCC?

I'm specifically interested in the visual side of coding. Also you need an undergraduate computer science degree for the straight MSc.

I'm specifically interested in the visual side of coding. Also you need an undergraduate computer science degree for the straight MSc.
    Oh right. May I ask what undergraduate degree did you do in college?

Also can I ask what bad comments did you hear about the MSc in Interactive Media?

• Advertisement

Also can I ask what bad comments did you hear about the MSc in Interactive Media?

If you search this forum you will find them. They're from a few years ago though. To me the main issue seemed to be that you have computer science lecturers with no background in design teaching multimedia. For example the Photoshop class was how to code a Photoshop plugin rather than on how to use Photoshop to design a digital product.

Advertisement