Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

People who make mountains out of molehills. Jesus christ, life is hard but it's not as hard as you're making it for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

People who put up posts on FB public groups slating something/someone and then proceed to turn off commenting when they dont go in their favour. If ye have the balls to put up the post....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That a society that routinely eats cows (and not so far away culturally and geographically, horses are routinely eaten) has lost its collective shlt because a man sat on a dead horse!

I mean, what do they think happens after a horse is euthanized? The undertakers come and gently put it in a coffin and solemnly bear it away?

Cow, shoot it in the head and eat it.
    Live horse, sit on its back and whip it, your grand.
    Dead horse, sit on it and you're a monster!

I genuinely don't understand the collective hand wringing over a dead horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That a society that routinely eats cows (and not so far away culturally and geographically, horses are routinely eaten) has lost its collective shlt because a man sat on a dead horse!

I mean, what do they think happens after a horse is euthanized? The undertakers come and gently put it in a coffin and solemnly bear it away?

the horse dropped dead and the trainer thought it was a bit of craic.

the horse dropped dead and the trainer thought it was a bit of craic.

Sorry, I thought it was euthanized.
    Point still stands, though.
    It's a dead horse that will probably be turned into pet food. I just don't see the big deal.
    I don't see any reports confirming your "but of craic" bit, either.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I thought it was euthanized.
    Point still stands, though.
    It's a dead horse that will probably be turned into pet food. I just don't see the big deal.

you dont see the issue in a trainer thinking that a horse dropping dead is a bit of craic?

you dont see the issue in a trainer thinking that a horse dropping dead is a bit of craic?

I don't believe that that was the case.

“At what was a sad time, which it is when any horse under my care passes away, my initial reaction was to get the body removed from where it was positioned.

“I was standing over the horse waiting to help with the removal of the body, in the course of which, to my memory I received a call and, without thinking, I sat down to take it. Hearing a shout from one of my team, I gestured to wait until I was finished.

“At what was a sad time, which it is when any horse under my care passes away, my initial reaction was to get the body removed from where it was positioned.

“I was standing over the horse waiting to help with the removal of the body, in the course of which, to my memory I received a call and, without thinking, I sat down to take it. Hearing a shout from one of my team, I gestured to wait until I was finished.

Only an idiot would believe the excuse he gave. he sat astride the horse which meant he had to swing his leg over it. not something you do without thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Sitting upstairs in a back bedroom working from home, with the window beside me. Across the gardens, I've a nice view of a woodland and a lake.

There's people that have moved into a house behind me. And looking out the window at the lake, I can't help but notice that every couple of days, they're out in the back garden doing work, causally dumping stuff over their side wall into an area of unused land beside them. Last week it was plant cuttings. The week before that it was two entire fence panels. Today it's bits of wooden pallets. If they could afford a 4 bedroom detached house, they can afford a skip bag.

Phone the cash and carry this morning.
    Do you have frozen rhubarb in stock?
    Hold a moment please...

Holding

Holding

Holding.
    8 minutes later : yes we do!
    Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Lots of people a few years back went mad because some psycho ran his lawnmower over a duck and her chicks. Same people probably have no problem taking their kids for happy meals and chicken nuggets, or buy battery eggs, thereby supporting an industry that keeps hens caged in A4 sized boxes, often with their beaks removed to stop fighting, and discards male chicks in food grinders because they don't lay eggs. But yeah the guy with the lawnmower was evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Im TA at myself.

Why can i not say butternut squash.

Why do i say butternaut squash.

Someone just referred to covid-19 as 'Rona. Get me a f*ckin bucket. It's a pandemic that's claimed millions of lives, crushed the economy and effectively put the world on hold for a year. Stop hipsterising it you weirdo.

Had to pop into the office to check out some hard copy files. Chatting to co-worker whilst in there who said that despite her parents both getting Covid and her mother being deathly ill because of it, she will not get the vaccine because "it hasn't been tested enough so we don't know the long term side effects of it". Never knew she was a vaccine scientist!! She's wasted in admin anyway. When I said that I thought it usually took a few years for a vaccine for the flu to be developed (not actually sure how long it takes) and that this vaccine was developed faster coz there were more scientists devoting more time to this one, she said "well maybe that's true but we still don't know the long term effects and I don't want to be told in 5 years that I'm sterile because of this vaccine".

Give me strength.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Had to pop into the office to check out some hard copy files. Chatting to co-worker whilst in there who said that despite her parents both getting Covid and her mother being deathly ill because of it, she will not get the vaccine because "it hasn't been tested enough so we don't know the long term side effects of it". Never knew she was a vaccine scientist!! She's wasted in admin anyway. When I said that I thought it usually took a few years for a vaccine for the flu to be developed (not actually sure how long it takes) and that this vaccine was developed faster coz there were more scientists devoting more time to this one, she said "well maybe that's true but we still don't know the long term effects and I don't want to be told in 5 years that I'm sterile because of this vaccine".

Give me strength.
    I was out for a walk earlier and met an elderly neighbour who said she won't be getting the vaccine because she's afraid of needles, and the "walk is her vaccine". I'm glad all this scientists burst their gut developing a vaccine so that people can get immunity going for walks instead.

Antares35 wrote: »
    I was out for a walk earlier and met an elderly neighbour who said she won't be getting the vaccine because she's afraid of needles, and the "walk is her vaccine". I'm glad all this scientists burst their gut developing a vaccine so that people can get immunity going for walks instead.

**** sake, did she even bother telling the hundreds of thousands of people who've died that all they needed to do was take a walk and they'd be immune? What an idiot.

I'm very close to the end of my tether with these people.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    **** sake, did she even bother telling the hundreds of thousands of people who've died that all they needed to do was take a walk and they'd be immune? What an idiot.

I'm very close to the end of my tether with these people.

Especially annoying since she gets priority because of her age and then just throws it back. Felt like telling her my 37 year old asthmatic fiancé, who is afraid to leave the house, would love to be as high up on the vaccine list as she is. And there's the wider issue too of people just refusing to think on a global level and see beyond their own little horizon. All the people that she could potentially protect by getting the vaccine, it isn't just about her. We need widespread immunity. Then again if this pandemic has taught me anything it's that many people simply cannot comprehend things on a level beyond their own four walls.

It's ridiculous isn't it?!? I mean who among us can honestly say that they have never sat on a dead horse with legs akimbo while talking on the phone, smiling, giving the peace sign and posing for a photo?? Sure I see that all the time!! It would be odd not to see that these days what with everything closed and restrictions and all, what else are we meant to be doing? As it says in Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that ye be judged".
    It's all overblown hooey in my opinion. Now if you will excuse me I have a dead horse to straddle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It's ridiculous isn't it?!? I mean who among us can honestly say that they have never sat on a dead horse with legs akimbo while talking on the phone, smiling, giving the peace sign and posing for a photo?? Sure I see that all the time!! It would be odd not to see that these days what with everything closed and restrictions and all, what else are we meant to be doing? As it says in Matthew 7:1 "Judge not, that ye be judged".
    It's all overblown hooey in my opinion. Now if you will excuse me I have a dead horse to straddle.

I can see the hypocracy of the industry that claims that they love their horses and treat them well and then do this (and there is another video of a jockey that has just been released aswell doing something similar). That said anyone (outside of vegans) who has anything to say about this (to quote Ricky Gervais) is 'in no position to lecture the public about anything, you know nothing about the real world.'

Not a vegan by the way but a horse is no better or worse than the cow I had for my dinner and noone gives a shyte about them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

New Home wrote: »
    If you see her again tell her that a double negative makes a positive! :D
    yeah right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Last year I think it was, a livestock vessel sank and only a handful of crew survived and people lost their sh1t about the cows.

The horse is dead, its struggles....if it had any, are over, it doesn't feel anything, least of all the "indignity" of being sat on.
    Horses die all the fcuking time, they're mortal, who knew?

It's a horse, not a human, your auntie or your mom.
    Maybe not a professional look the industry would like shown in public, but other than that, who cares?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

To me the point isn't "Who cares?", but "Why care about one and not the other?". Greyhounds, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Well-thought-out "reasons" for shítty behaviour are always less likely to be believed in my books. If you've taken time to write out/say a well thought out excuse for doing something bad/horrible/questionable, etc., then you'll be fit to get a Nobel prize for fiction writing in future if any good is to come out of your lies.

I suppose I need to qualify for contributing to the thread instead of derailing, so consider "Thinking up a pathetic excuse for being a díckhead" as my TA for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Orla Guerins voice .God could she speak any slower??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

The lowest volume setting on my laptop and phone still not being quiet enough (even on the first 1/4 of a step)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Well-thought-out "reasons" for shítty behaviour are always less likely to be believed in my books. If you've taken time to write out/say a well thought out excuse for doing something bad/horrible/questionable, etc., then you'll be fit to get a Nobel prize for fiction writing in future if any good is to come out of your lies.

I suppose I need to qualify for contributing to the thread instead of derailing, so consider "Thinking up a pathetic excuse for being a díckhead" as my TA for tonight.

I've way more respect for someone who says "I effed up, I'm sorry, and I fully expect whatever punishment comes my way." But no.

Adding to that, have you noticed how some nationalities never apologise, even for something they were entirely responsible for? I challenged a mate on it and he told me it was a cultural thing for him. To which I told him it wasn't for me and I wanted a bloody apology. And he got offended, ffs!!

The yoof also have no realisation of responsibility for what they do, always someone/something else at fault.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

There's a mouse in my kitchen. I am not impressed.

If there are 2 options on a database, you would think that a person would check both entries before calling me in a panic about stuff being deleted. But no, that didn't happen at all. Mountain out of Molehill Lady seems to prefer panicking about things rather than investigating fully before flying off the handle.

Someone emailing me today in a panic demanding that I go to a particular website and find and download something and send it to them because they are incapable of doing that themselves.

How about I just forward you the email I sent you two days ago with the document attached already...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares35 wrote: »
    Someone emailing me today in a panic demanding that I go to a particular website and find and download something and send it to them because they are incapable of doing that themselves.

How about I just forward you the email I sent you two days ago with the document attached already...
    TA people expecting you to read emails they sent you instead of them doing stuff for you. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement