Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find out the industry average salary?

Options
  • 22-02-2021 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

So long story short, the place I work at now offers no benefits and have no idea what the future holds. There are other positives which I think at the moment outperform the lack of benefits but in around one year, if nothing changes, I will be looking at leaving if we don't get either salary increase or any benefits like health insurance. I will be with the company two years.

I like the industry though and the work itself is quite enjoyable and would like to remain in this industry. Is there a place where people anonymously share their salary scales or opinions about their companies or positions other than Glassdoor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

You can use Glassdoor, some of the recruiting companies like Brightwater do an annual salary survey, and there's this as well: https://www.morganmckinley.com/ie/ireland-salary-guide-calculator

The other thing is, you're fairly anonymous here so you could just disclose your salary and ask what people thought from experience.

Generally - I have found all my significant salary bumps in my career have come from moving job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

If you're looking for more general information on industry salaries and possible roles you could move towards, have a word with a recruiter. I did this via Linkedin a couple of times. Was very upfront. Told them my experience and skillset. They told me potential roles and salaries that I could be in line for.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭kapisko1PL

I actually found out that CPL has a very good pdf document which shows vast salary scales across the range of industries. I fall right inside that bracket and I could see a potential for the future if I transition to a different area as an engineer.

Advertisement