Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RacingTV

Options
  • 20-02-2021 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

I thought those muddaphuckers in RTV had all the TV rights, they don't seem to have Ascot? I assume they will be showing Cheltenham.

FYI I signed up for RTV when I was a Sky Customer and could watch on telly, moved to Virgin and rang RTV to see if they can change me to Virgin and I was told if I want to watch on telly I have to pay Virgin €26 a month aswell as RTV. Just in case you are thinking of signing up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Shemale wrote: »
    I thought those muddaphuckers in RTV had all the TV rights, they don't seem to have Ascot? I assume they will be showing Cheltenham.

FYI I signed up for RTV when I was a Sky Customer and could watch on telly, moved to Virgin and rang RTV to see if they can change me to Virgin and I was told if I want to watch on telly I have to pay Virgin €26 a month aswell as RTV. Just in case you are thinking of signing up.

If you have an amazon stick (there only £20) you can use the racing TV app.

Also you can get racing tv for €12 a month a few times a year (this year i signed up again during the Dublin racing festival for €12 a month for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

aidankkk wrote: »
    If you have an amazon stick (there only £20) you can use the racing TV app.

Also you can get racing tv for €12 a month a few times a year (this year i signed up again during the Dublin racing festival for €12 a month for 12 months.

Cheers, I was going to get one. I was surprised that the suggestion from RTV was to pay twice. I signed up on Black Friday so got it for €12 a month.

They haven't had Ascot in a year or more. I think they lost/swapped two with Sky Sports Racing. Sky lost Chelmsford to RTV at the time - can't think of the other two tracks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Android box/Firestick- Moreiptv- €120 for the year. Watch whatever you want, whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 rubia6633

Android box/Firestick- Moreiptv- €120 for the year. Watch whatever you want, whenever you want.

Can get a good sub for 75 or so a year these days for an IPTV provider

• Advertisement

They haven't had Ascot in a year or more. I think they lost/swapped two with Sky Sports Racing. Sky lost Chelmsford to RTV at the time - can't think of the other two tracks.

Cheers, haven't seen much racing in the last couple of year, was surprised to see they didn't show it.

Thanks, music to my ears :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Thanks, music to my ears :D

Use the contact thing on the site and ask for a trial first. They'll send you a code that's good for 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Chester and bangor on dee

Does anyone know how much slower the RTV app is than the TV?

I don't have it on the TV as I moved from Sky, I was coming back from shops watching live stream on Bet365 and when I got into the kitchen where I had RTV app playing I realised their app was at least 10 seconds BEHIND Bet365.

Anyone noticed this before, seems barmy as Bet365 say their feed is about 10 seconds behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Labaik

How far behind would Racing tv on Sky be? You can get some great value in running but you wouldnt want to be more than a few seconds behind.

Labaik wrote: »
    How far behind would Racing tv on Sky be? You can get some great value in running but you wouldnt want to be more than a few seconds behind.

The TV used to be a bit ahead of the bookies, that said sometimes you would see odds in running that make no sense like a horse pulling double was 10/1 and in a few seconds it has clouted a fence.

Yesterday made me wonder if the bookies get the feed a bit ahead of the RTV customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The TV used to be a bit ahead of the bookies, that said sometimes you would see odds in running that make no sense like a horse pulling double was 10/1 and in a few seconds it has clouted a fence.

Yesterday made me wonder if the bookies get the feed a bit ahead of the RTV customers.

Of course they do. Bookies get a raw feed - It’s the same as all sports.

They pay millions a year for it to their data providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Motivator

Bookies get the SIS feed which is 6 to 9 seconds ahead of the regular tv feed. Pro punters & bookies pay thousands a year for SIS so they have the edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Labaik wrote: »

About 8 to 10 seconds

If you look at sateliweb - you can sometimes see horse racing feeds on there that are Free to Air

Motorised dish required, generally speaking

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Never got into in running but do remember a few lads would get excited whenever TG4 were screening live racing as they seemed to have quicker than normal feeds for broadcast tv. Dunno if thats still the case though.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Racing TV is no more than 2 seconds behind live. Have timed it myself in the last week.

Sky Sports racing is at least 7 seconds behind

Kauto wrote: »
    Racing TV is no more than 2 seconds behind live. Have timed it myself in the last week.

Sky Sports racing is at least 7 seconds behind

What are you comparing?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Kauto

Standing at a particular hurdle on track while on the phone to someone watching on TV. Less than 2 seconds of a differential. BF market suspends just before they pass the line on TV.

On ATR market is suspended when they still have 1F to run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

abarkie wrote: »
    About 8 to 10 seconds

If you look at sateliweb - you can sometimes see horse racing feeds on there that are Free to Air

Motorised dish required, generally speaking

RUK is a second behind on UK tracks maybe 1.5 on Irish Tracks. ATR is 8 seconds behind. Betfair feeds on the exchange are about 3 seconds behind live on ATR tracks and about 1.5 on RUK. Its pretty much the same as a RUK sub watching it on Betfair Live Video

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    Of course they do. Bookies get a raw feed - It’s the same as all sports.

They pay millions a year for it to their data providers.

Incorrect if your talking about SIS feeds. You can watch the exact same thing on Betfair live video

Shanee. wrote: »
    RUK is a second behind on UK tracks maybe 1.5 on Irish Tracks. ATR is 8 seconds behind. Betfair feeds on the exchange are about 3 seconds behind live on ATR tracks and about 1.5 on RUK. Its pretty much the same as a RUK sub watching it on Betfair Live Video

But my post refers to other feeds?

But my post refers to other feeds?

Which other feeds? You said racing tv on sky.

Racing TV on sky is the same as the Betfair live video which so 1-1.5 seconds behind

Which other feeds? You said racing tv on sky.

Racing TV on sky is the same as the Betfair live video which so 1-1.5 seconds behind

Please quote where I said Racing TV on sky

I'll refrain from posting further

Please quote where I said Racing TV on sky

I'll refrain from posting further

Labaik - “How far behind would Racing tv on Sky be? You can get some great value in running but you wouldnt want to be more than a few seconds behind.”

You “About 8 to 10 seconds

Motorised dish required, generally speaking”

???

Incorrect if your talking about SIS feeds. You can watch the exact same thing on Betfair live video

No - For bookies on their end, for live betting they receive a raw feed. Same with all other sports that they get - The viewer on the punters' side doesn't get the raw feed.

No - For bookies on their end, for live betting they receive a raw feed. Same with all other sports that they get - The viewer on the punters' side doesn't get the raw feed.

Are you talking about feeds in a bookie shop? Bookmakers get feeds from SIS, it’s the same feeds which are on Racing TV. What feeds are you talking about?

Are you talking about feeds in a bookie shop? Bookmakers get feeds from SIS, it’s the same feeds which are on Racing TV. What feeds are you talking about?

No - I'm talking about feeds that bookies receive directly that they update their live betting off-of.

The feeds that punters see in the shop (via SIS) are like any other TV feed. There's a lot of transmission involved making it impossible to be 'live', like any sport shown on TV screens.

No - I'm talking about feeds that bookies receive directly that they update their live betting off-of.

The feeds that punters see in the shop (via SIS) are like any other TV feed. There's a lot of transmission involved making it impossible to be 'live', like any sport shown on TV screens.

They may have in the past but I know for fact (as I have tested it) that Racing TV is only 1/1.5 seconds behind live action. Betfair Live Video is Racing TV just not in HD quality

• Advertisement

They may have in the past but I know for fact (as I have tested it) that Racing TV is only 1/1.5 seconds behind live action. Betfair Live Video is Racing TV just not in HD quality

1/1.5 seconds from actual live to the TV viewer at home just isn't possible.

I know you're saying you test it but from my POV, I'm in the Sports Data industry and Betting companies pay us in the seven figures to provide them with the raw feeds which would be upwards of 6 seconds ahead of the feeds that TV viewers receive (still cameras, birds-eye cameras etc is what they'd be getting).

They wouldn't do that if people watching on TV were getting virtually the exact same feedback.

Advertisement