Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Boardser: Main House

Options
  • 27-02-2021 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭

Big Boardser - Now We're Always Watching....

Welcome one and all to the first ever Big Boardser!

Allow us to welcome you to the Big Boardser House, and take a look around the swish new house we have procured for you all at Boards HQ.

Our common area is rather swanky, I think you will agree...

bb21-house-living-05.jpg

And of course everybody wants to see the pool and hot tub this year...

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F4a%2Fa2%2Fbec73f0aef73b5f4be43b61a0d0b%2Fla-inside-the-home-of-big-brother-20190703-013

Finally it's off to your sleeping quarters folks - who knows what kind of shenanigans will go on here...

cache.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fdigitalspyuk.cdnds.net%2F16%2F30%2F768x512%2Fgallery-1469735760-cbb-housej.jpg

Over the course of the next week you will all compete against each other in various challenges, tasks and competitions all designed to whittle down the playing field and sort the wheat from the chaff.

You will form alliances and also backstab your way to the top to procure the esteemed position of 'Head of Household'

Each of you has the use of a 'Diary Room' to scheme and plot against your fellow contestants.

Who will rise above the rest of the peons to be crowned Big Boardsers first ever winner?

Remember - Big Boardser is Always Watching!

Game Rules:

Once you are evicted do not post in the thread again. You will be directed to either a Jury House or a Spectators Lounge following your eviction.

Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and in your Diary Room, and always remember to get a vote in or nominate when necessary (where it is possible for you to do so) as a minimum.

• The most powerful role in the Big Boardser House will be the Head of Household (HoH). Each cycle the houseguests will vote for a new HoH, who will have immunity from the next eviction and the power to nominate two HouseGuests to face eviction - the winner will be announced at 9pm each evening.
    • The incumbent Head of Household will not be eligible for the following HoH vote, meaning that a HouseGuest could not hold the title for a second consecutive cycle, except for when it comes down to the final three or other stated circumstances.
    • Each HoH is decided by a House Vote, which will be conducted by private ballot (with the votes not released to the public), and after each Eviction at 8pm, an hour later at 9pm new HoH will be crowned.
    • Voting for yourself for Head of Household is not permitted, there will be a punishment for self-votes.

• Two houseguests will be nominated to face Eviction each cycle by the Head of Household. Other houseguests may be placed up for nomination due to secret powers/tasks received/completed by others throughout the game (or by Mod Nomination due to lack of activity).
    • All Houseguests (via their individual Diary Rooms) except for the nominated houseguests and the Head of Household will have a vote to evict one of the nominees up for eviction. How everyone voted will be made public after each eviction.
    • Evictions will take place at 8pm each evening. There may be surprise evictions throughout the day as well.
    • Each cycle will also include a Power of Veto (PoV) Competition, where all HouseGuests can compete for the right to remove any nominated HouseGuest from the eviction block, and force the HoH to choose a replacement nominee, which would continue until three HouseGuest remains.
    • The PoV winner can not be replacement nominee, and they also do not have to use the veto if they are already content with the HoH's choices.
    • If it is not possible for you to compete in every competition, all it means is you do not have a chance to win that particular Veto, but if you can compete you should, as the Veto protects you from being put up as a replacement nominee.

• If you wish to have an alliance with one or more players and speak to them privately away from the eyes and ears of the other Houseguests, please use your Diary Room to request it on the dedicated backroom site (link provided in your welcome PM).
    • There is no limit to the amount of people who can be in one alliance, or indeed how many alliances one player can be involved in.
    • Please note alliance conversations will take place on a private Discord server where possible (or via Boards PM where not).
    • Where Boards PMs are used, we ask that players keep the game mods updated of their plans in their Diary Room - Remember... Big Boardser is ALWAYS watching.

No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring or alluding to the content of them without prior permission. If you're not sure - just ask the game mods.

Do not share your vote form or backroom password with anyone else. All votes for the HoH and Eviction have to be made by yourself. Voting for HoH will be done via Google forms with the link provided in the OP. Voting for Eviction will be done via your Diary Room. In the event of a tied HoH vote, the HoH will be decided by first vote cast. In the event of a tied Eviction, the Head of Household will cast the deciding vote.

• The overall winner will be decided by a Jury of their peers. The evicted HouseGuests become members of the Big Boardser Jury, which play a role to vote for the winner of the game between the final HouseGuests, and perhaps other things...
    • The members of the Jury are not shown anything from the Diary Rooms or any footage that may include strategy or details regarding nominations.
    • Houseguests pulled from the game due to personal reasons, will not become members of the Jury House, but will be given access to the Spectators Lounge.
    • If a player is booted from the game due to behaviour deemed unacceptable by Big Boardser, they will not join the Jury or the Spectators.
    • If there is a hung Jury at the end (ie. a tied vote) anyone in the Spectators Lounge and Game Mods will debate amongst themselves who played the best game and decide the winner.

Policy on Abuse: Boards has a no-abuse rule in place that is in effect in this forum as well. By all means, call people on dodgy or suspicious behaviour, as there may be secret alliances and a bit of backstabbing at play, that is just an aspect of the game ; but DO NOT abuse another player, and keep it civil. If you feel another player has stepped over a line, the first step is to ask them to stop; if they do not, please PM a forum mod (sullivlo/Baggly/quickbeam) or use the report button on the post in question. Forum mods will investigate and action any issues at an appropriate time, keeping the game mods informed of any actions as needed.

Have fun, make memes, take the piss and try to enjoy the game.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Please make yourselves at home and make the most of your stay in the Big Boardser House, as you never know when your time here may end.

Take tonight and tomorrow to get to know each other and determine who will serve you best as your inaugural Head of Household, they will be given a lot of power in the game during their reign and the fate of your game will very much be in their hands, so choose wisely...

Voting for Head of Household takes place here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSema7pBJUZNQmg8jPH20-jl5Q1Wz_p49tAZN57AwSz-VLb88w/viewform

You can change your vote for HoH as often as you need to before 9pm tomorrow night, simply by filling out the form again (only your last vote prior to the deadline will be counted). This voting for HoH is private and results are not released to the household.

Big Boardser has also pre-loaded some Challenges to your Diary Room for you to get a head start on (if you haven't already received a PM with the link to your Private Diary Room, Necro or Trigger will be posting one to your boards inbox momentarily). These are only some of the Challenges that you will be asked to partake in by the way, and does not include the first big challenge which we will post the details of circa 9pm on Sunday after the HoH results.

Your Full List of Houseguests Are:
    1. cee_jay
    2. Irish Aris
    3. BuileBeag
    4. Sephiroth_dude
    5. aaronjennings
    6. Mam of 4
    7. ari101
    8. JohnGreenFan
    9. JP Liz V1
    10. cj maxxx
    11. Kolido
    12. sulivlo
    13. Aceandstuff
    14. Rikand
    15. Reberetta
    16. jluv
    17. bubblypop
    18. TheValeyard
    19. hurlingman97
    20. HildaOgdenx
    21. Purple Mountain
    22. looksee
    23. fixXxer
    24. beakerjoe
    25. YellowFeather
    26. mustang shelly
    27. khalessi
    28. Baggly
    29. duffman13
    30. wrestlemaniac
    31. Hello 2D Person Below

tenor.gif

90831-kramer-pimp-walk-gif-seinfeld-xi94.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Zombieland-sony-zombieland2-UuToFrWirwXXcy3P3Z

Seeing as the hurling fellow is struggling...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

giphy.gif
    Cheers
    Had to switch to desktop to fix it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I've arrived!

And given my checkered history with gifs (The only one I've got to work was stolen ;) ) I bring only words and a limited selection of emojis for now! :D

giphy.gif
    Cheers
    Had to switch to desktop to fix it :)

Our first alliance.

Our first alliance.

Get a room:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This is Big Boardser

A full list of housemates has been added to the second post for your convenience

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Our first alliance.

Such a game player this guy!

Head of household reporting for duty folks

khalessi wrote: »
    Get a room:P

You needn't worry, meself and the hurling fellow will be in there, wearing our short-short O'Neill's shorts and shkelping each other across the arse with our Cork-style hurls.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I have arrived

tenor.gif

You needn't worry, meself and the hurling fellow will be in there, wearing our short-short O'Neill's shorts and shkelping each other across the arse with our Cork-style hurls.

Grab Paul Mescal on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm here!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Good evening.

duffman13 wrote: »

Head of household reporting for duty folks

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

This is Big Boardser

When you are voting for Head of Household please ensure to give your own boards name in the first question, and then who you are voting for. There was a slight issue with the form which may have caused confusion that Big Boardser has now fixed.

Thank you HouseGuests!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Hello everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Wassup fam

Evening all
    Starsigns please

cee_jay wrote: »
    Hello everyone

when you get the image you want - click view image to get the link you want :D

drag-race-06-chad-michaels-hunger-games.gif?width=768

Hello everyone.
    I see I shall have to do some studying tonight at work to learn how to post memes!!

So, are we sharing beds....... :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Rikand wrote: »
    when you get the image you want - click view image to get the link you want :D

drag-race-06-chad-michaels-hunger-games.gif?width=768

I always fail on mobile, it works fine on desktop :(

bubblypop wrote: »

Well there's only six beds so I guess so!

Can the men make themselves known and maybe post their photos so I can make my selection? ;);)

bubblypop wrote: »
    Hello everyone.
    I see I shall have to do some studying tonight at work to learn how to post memes!!

I count 6 beds and 31 contestants, so I would say yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

ZIUrIct.jpg

I can't be doing with all this new fangled stuff. How d'ye get all that colour and nekkid young wans?

• Advertisement

looksee wrote: »
    ZIUrIct.jpg

I can't be doing with all this new fangled stuff. How d'ye get all that colour and nekkid young wans?

:pac: :pac:

Advertisement