Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Broadband Ireland in Sligo

Options
  • 27-01-2021 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Saw the NBI vans in Cliffoney today. Surveying or installing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Shadow78

Surveying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

They were in Mullaghmore today. Any idea of the timeline on the installation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Having issues with the service Fastcom are meant to be providing so the sooner the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Have you tried Imagine? My neighbour changed to them (70 to 100mb download) from Fastcom (10mb download). I don't know their rates.

What's the 3G or 4G signal like where you are? You can get a 3/4G router for about 70e that will work with a 48 or sim card with 100GB a month for 12.99. Another neighbour of mine has one and she's getting 30 to 70mb download.

I can't believe it, I came home from work yesterday and the missus said the KN vans were on the road cutting bushes and I thought they must be working on the fiber roll out so I went on the national broadband site and sure enough the status for my area is now changed to "Network Build In Progress" So looks like it's on track for October.

This means that I will have the possibility of getting much faster internet than those in the fiber to the cabinet areas........the closest tiny village near me has this FTTC and the cabinet is about 1 Km out of the village so it must be crap by the time it even gets to the village. I'm a few Km from this village. I'm about 7 kms from the center of Carlow Town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement