Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon sortation associate

Options
  • 27-02-2021 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Apparently thats what they are calling someone who works in their warehouse (Rathcoole) these days. Have an interview, over phone, on wednesday. Anyone got experience, good bad or indifferent on being a Bezos drone.
    Being reading some scary stuff from ex employees in the US...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Why on earth would you apply for a job you clearly don’t want. Referring to the position as a ‘drone’. If you’re so dismissive of the opportunity, don’t attend and let someone who genuinely needs the chance have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,438 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ArthurG wrote: »
    Why on earth would you apply for a job you clearly don’t want. Referring to the position as a ‘drone’. If you’re so dismissive of the opportunity, don’t attend and let someone who genuinely needs the chance have it.

Avery true....

OP. What was the scary stuff you read? I doubt it could be any worse or better than any other similiar job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Work is work. Sometimes good and sometimes bad.

If it's beneath you, leave it to someone who doesn't have such notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

ArthurG wrote: »

People need jobs, why on earth would i work if i could do without?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭raven41

Ok the "drone" thing is my attempt at humour, not meant in a condescending or dismissive way. Job I have at present is oftern dismissed as "menial"and have stuck with it the last 18 years, so am not too proud to do any work.
    Im just looking for some advice/information from anyone who works, or has worked there. If you dont like the way I phrased the question, please feel free to go do something else...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭kathleen37

There are a few reviews on glassdoor.ie

filter the reviews by Ireland, and "warehouse".

Advertisement