Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Judgement day for Maria Bailey.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭onform

1874 wrote: »
    Its horrible, horrible
    She sounds like she is barely holding back the crocodile tears,
    I hope people can see through this, I feel like vomiting,

What difference does it matter that she was not a National politician?
    that she wasn't on the pigs back so she needed the moolah? what?

She is hiding the arrogance she displayed with the other guy O'Rourke, but badly

Waterworks turned on now. Seems to be playing the 'online abuse and general negative media reaction was unwarranted' card. Her own actions put her in the firing line. If anything it should be a cautionary tale for those taking frivolous personal injury claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Natterjack from Kerry

Truly amazing at this remove that she still doesnt get it. Had nobody around her the sense to tell her to stop this rehabilitation campaign, or do they really think she can resurrect her political career with a few tears?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭Deeec

I have no doubt she did suffer and is suffering.

But listening to her this morning it sounds like she still does not accept that what she did was wrong. She cant seem to see what the problem is. Shes coming across very insincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

she's been on for 20 minutes now and hasn't once expressed regret for what she did.

Deeec wrote: »
    I have no doubt she did suffer and is suffering.

But listening to her this morning it sounds like she still does not accept that what she did was wrong. She cant seem to see what the problem is. Shes coming across very insincere.

Recognition and understanding might at least get her somewhere - the 'woe is me, but I did nothing wrong', however much she believes it is just so so so out of touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67,228 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

She's hitting all the victim bullet points anyhow. Fair play.

Hopefully she doesnt read media or social media any more - this interview is just begging for more abuse, memes, and general hilarity at her. She clearly didnt learn that lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

“I’m not perfect”

You can say that again ye clown ye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

BOC, is very disappointing, is this his style?
    She uses social media when it suits (but she claimed not to be clued in) but slates social media and BOC mentioned about it too, opposed to mainstream media,
    so legislation to what? not call out what is wrong?

AND there you have it, would you consider going back to politics! bahhhlox

Yes, Id consider you wont get votes
    deleted? deleted? wtf? nice to be able to take a year off alright

whats she saying? she has PTSD?

VOMIT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

sorry but that is a disgraceful interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭jmreire

She's hitting all the victim bullet points anyhow. Fair play.

The only real victims in all this Francie would have been the hotel in particular, and the insurance premium paying public in general, had her claim succeeded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Brendan O'Conner it turns out is far more embarrassing than Maria Bailey.

God love her. Have the Irish people no shame for what they did to this poor compo culture public representative ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That was almost as bad as her infamous Sean o rourke disaster

What a gobsh1te this one is

Hopefully she doesnt read media or social media any more - this interview is just begging for more abuse, memes, and general hilarity at her. She clearly didnt learn that lesson.

She definitely took a different tack, steering a course to getting back on the gravy train, I bet she is sick she followed up on swing gate,

Not a lot of sympathy, you're dead right BOC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Have to say I'm not the soft type but that interview really hit me. It's clear that she has been through the absolute ringer. Can't help but have sympathy for her as a human. This thread delivering scorn as usual, but you can be dead sure that interview will have struck a chord with the nation.

BOC did well there, was compassionate but still asked the right questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,960 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Have to say I'm not the soft type but that interview really hit me. It's clear that she has been through the absolute ringer. Can't help but have sympathy for her as a human. This thread delivering scorn as usual, but you can be dead sure that interview will have struck a chord with the nation.

I wish her no ill will, but that interview came across hammed up and contrived..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭Deeec

I think is she apologised and accepted what she did was wrong peoples attitude to her would change - but she wont do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I'm not a Maria Bailey fan but I think the real truth lies in-between. I think she was treated a bit harshly, given that she lost her job for pursuing a claim. She did nothing illegal.

She should have continued with her claim. The court would have decided the validity or otherwise of it. I don't like the trial by public opinion. I'd rather let the system do its job and for opinions to be formed on facts.

On another (busier) news day her story may not have gotten the traction it did. Her SOR interview was definitely ill advised.

But, given that she never had her day in court, all we have is speculation as to what really happened. Now all we have is a PR battle - the truth has been relegated.

Sure, sure, dole cheats, cheats us all, pull the other one
    He was VERY easy on her,
    Struck a chord, yes, that we are on to her, she is fooling no one.

I think is she apologised and accepted what she did was wrong peoples attitude to her would change - but she wont do that.

Yes, but so long as she realises, she wont get voted in, at this stage she hasnt apologised, I dont see it coming, that would be like admitting she was/is wrong,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

2/10

I dont agree, she dragged it out too far too long, especially how arrogant she sounded before, now she just sounds insincere.
    Ive no doubt she is sorry she pushed it too far,
    If she apologises at this stage, she will either be deemed a liar or insincere,
    she cant win, thankfully, but it's her own fault.

As a politician, she will be a liability, she herself has ensured that, she did us a favour, just too arrogant to see it.

How do you know what she did was wrong? We can only speculate. We didn't have access to all the facts. 'We' just don't like how it sounds. Maybe she was 100% correct, maybe the venue was 100% in the wrong. Maybe it was 60/40...

Opinions are being based on partial facts.

A civil court appearance would have gone a long way to establishing the true facts.

Then we could accurately assess Bailey. She wanted the redress of the courts, why shouldn't she be entitled to it? Then she can have no argument about the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

KaneToad wrote:
    But, given that she never had her day in court, all we have is speculation as to what really happened. Now all we have is a PR battle - the truth has been relegated.

She never got her day in court because she chose not do.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,202 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

LOL

You're shameless in your trolling of this issue.

She tried to pull an insurance scam and was caught. She deserves absolutely no sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,960 ✭✭✭✭walshb

KaneToad wrote: »
    How do you know what she did was wrong? We can only speculate. We didn't have access to all the facts. 'We' just don't like how it sounds. Maybe she was 100% correct, maybe the venue was 100% in the wrong. Maybe it was 60/40...

Opinions are being based on partial facts.

A civil court appearance would have gone a long way to establishing the true facts.

Then we could accurately assess Bailey. She wanted the redress of the courts, why shouldn't she be entitled to it? Then she can have no argument about the outcome.

I don’t disagree here

Bit like a lot of things in society. Just because you can sue doesn’t mean you always should. I think this view is what is being seen here.

All the facts? Well, what we have read it seems the woman was mostly responsible for her falling.

Not just her. Everywhere in society there seems to be this greedy what can I get and who can I hang and who can I screw mentality..

Greed and lack of moral decency is rife in society.

She was put under pressure to drop it. Due to the belief that it might save her FG gig. It didn't.

The claim was progressing until the pile on against her started. I would have much preferred to see it continue. Then we would have something concrete to debate - now all we have is our opinions.

This isn't a pro- Bailey stance. Its an anti 'trial by public opinion' stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

This interview has struck a cord with the nation? Bwaaaahahahahaha

Judging by this thread its only you.

Expert trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭marty whelan

never change Paddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

She had the Dublin Race series and her 'medical treatment for her severe injuries'. Hard to fit a court sitting on that busy schedule.

Absolute chancer

Advertisement