Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings part 4 - Read OP before posting - updated 30/12/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This. Young lad is a product of his scumbag/useless dad who never worked and set a rotten example. Had he been reared in a house where his father was a worker, it would have been a different scenario. We are all victims of our upbringing.

Very true

As hard as a single mother tries a teenage son will walk all over them

A strong male figure to show them
    what's right from wrong is what they need in their lives

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

Very true

I agree with you but certain people, upon hearing that will call you a sexist bigot.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Don Logan wrote: »
    I agree with you but certain people, upon hearing that will call you a sexist bigot.

I'm sure crime statistics in comparison to family configurations will back me up

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Redbreast12

Plenty of single mothers in ireland with sons in the last 40 or 50 years. Most of their sons are NOT scumbags. It's mostly the ones with scumbag mother's.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Don Logan

I'm sure crime statistics in comparison to family configurations will back me up

I’m a 100% in agreement with you but some people would rather not the truth triumph their feelings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭NorthCity

Don Logan wrote: »

Scumbag fathers and mothers either together or separately have scumbag children , Work has nothing to do with it , Plenty of fathers don't work due to health or education limitation but still manage to rear respectful law abiding children . Lowlife scum begets lowlife scum

• Registered Users Posts: 23,854 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Plenty of single mothers in ireland with sons in the last 40 or 50 years. Most of their sons are NOT scumbags. It's mostly the ones with scumbag mother's.

The ones that live in deprived areas are at a huge disadvantage though. Manys a lad with a good mother who met the wrong sort at school and started lying to the mother only to end up, up to his neck in scumbaggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The ones that live in deprived areas are at a huge disadvantage though. Manys a lad with a good mother who met the wrong sort at school and started lying to the mother only to end up, up to his neck in scumbaggery.

Exactly. People are products of their environment in many cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Tomtom3105

Very true

I tried my best not to bite here but Holy **** that is some ****e, a stong PARENTAL figure will show them right from wrong doesn't have to be male,

the problem is the mother's that dont give a **** and are happy to have the peace and quiet of the lad out of the house for a few hours regardless of where he is.

Further to that they are being scumbags in an environment created and contributed to by their MALE relatives, uncles, cousins, god fathers, what ever the ****, blaming one parent over the other is like the chicken and egg story and its just pointless even using it here.

These are the next generation of lads that had their brothers in prison and their uncles shot amd their brothers run drugs and they are desensitised angry and easy targets for gang recruitment not because their mams are single or not or are not raising them properly they literally know no better they dont want to be poor they want the easy money and this is how you get it.

Given your argument any child that loses a parent in any circumstances then goes on to be a drug dealer is it cos their mothers can't rear them what are ya on about. They know right from wrong they are choosing wrong.

And again so much emphasis on kids here cos this lad was 17 they love that in the media. a 17 year old who has been taking drugs and being a corner boy since he was pre teen is not the same as a 17 year old in normal circumstances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Eyes1

2ndcoming wrote: »
    In fairness all big cities are the same because of the price of property.

All those areas in London are traditionally ****holes, but the only places anyone could dream of affording property so you get that bit of gentrification going on. A bit like the hipster **** in Stoneybatter and the Liberties.

The real high end addresses in London - Chelsea, Kensington, Chiswick, Primrose Hill etc - you won't see a scrote in sight. Plenty Arabs in Lambos.

I mean Peckham ffs we all know what that was like thanks to Only Fools.

As it goes, from that list Chelsea has a sketchy area too. The Worlds End Estate, a sprawling council estate just off the river is a 2 min trot from Cheyne Walk, Chelsea where homes are typically £5-10m quid and upwards.

Lots of Rolex & high end watch robberies around that area over the years as the yuppies have to come near to worlds End & Kings Rd for their shopping and that's where you'll see your vultures lurking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Haladmirer

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

Haladmirer wrote: »
    Is his ma living in ballymun?
    I thought he was from blanch but could be wrong

Bottler

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭rodmn2377

Very true

That lads mother is in and out of prison his whole life just like his father...

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

Tomtom3105 wrote: »
    I tried my best not to bite here but Holy **** that is some ****e, a stong PARENTAL figure will show them right from wrong doesn't have to be male,

the problem is the mother's that dont give a **** and are happy to have the peace and quiet of the lad out of the house for a few hours regardless of where he is.

Further to that they are being scumbags in an environment created and contributed to by their MALE relatives, uncles, cousins, god fathers, what ever the ****, blaming one parent over the other is like the chicken and egg story and its just pointless even using it here.

These are the next generation of lads that had their brothers in prison and their uncles shot amd their brothers run drugs and they are desensitised angry and easy targets for gang recruitment not because their mams are single or not or are not raising them properly they literally know no better they dont want to be poor they want the easy money and this is how you get it.

Given your argument any child that loses a parent in any circumstances then goes on to be a drug dealer is it cos their mothers can't rear them what are ya on about. They know right from wrong they are choosing wrong.

And again so much emphasis on kids here cos this lad was 17 they love that in the media. a 17 year old who has been taking drugs and being a corner boy since he was pre teen is not the same as a 17 year old in normal circumstances.

Statistically children of single mothers fare out far worse. This is a global phenomenon
    Children raised by single mothers are more likely to fare worse on a number of dimensions, including their school achievement, their social and emotional development, their health and their success in the labor market. They are at greater risk of parental abuse and neglect (especially from live-in boyfriends who are not their biological fathers), more likely to become teen parents and less likely to graduate from high school or college. Not all children raised in single parent families suffer these adverse outcomes; it is simply that the risks are greater for them.
    Poverty and Deprivation Statistics
    The Survey on Income and Living Conditions (SILC) 2018 and 2019 results showed that lone parents in Ireland have the second highest rate of income poverty, persistent poverty, and severe deprivation among all EU-15 countries.

Lone parents are still struggling to meet the costs of living for themselves and their children. This includes the basics such as housing, food, heating and clothes.

https://onefamily.ie/media-policy/facts-figures/
    According to David Blankenhorn,[20] Patrick Fagan,[21] Mitch Pearlstein[22] David Popenoe[23] and Barbara Dafoe Whitehead,[24] living in a single parent family is strongly correlated with school failure and problems of delinquency, drug use, teenage pregnancies, poverty, and welfare dependency in the United States. Using multilevel modelling, Suet-Ling Pong has shown that a high proportion of American children from single parent families perform poorly on mathematics and reading achievement tests.[25][26]

In Sweden, Emma Fransson et al. have shown that children living with one single parent have worse well-being in terms of physical health behavior, mental health, peer friendships, bullying, cultural activities, sports, and family relationships, compared to children from intact families. As a contrast, children in a shared parenting arrangement that live approximately equal amount of time with their divorced mother and father have about the same well-being as children from intact families and better outcomes than children with only one custodial parent.[27]

The United Kingdom Office for National Statistics has reported that children of single parents, after controlling for other variables like family income, are more likely to have problems, including being twice as likely to suffer from mental illness.[28] Both British and American researchers show that children with no fathers are three times more likely to be unhappy, and are also more likely to engage in anti-social behavior, abuse substances and engage in juvenile deliquency.[29][30]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_parent

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SSLil

Came for the crime, stayed for the social discourse!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 AcerJacer

I've always been fascinated by the term disadvantaged for those living in the city central areas. They have all the best colleges a bus ride away and all the top jobs on their door step eg. IFSC etc. Not to mention a top public transport system. Poor paddy from grim carlow and Mary from sleepy roscommon have to commute for hours to access these colleges and jobs and also work on the side to get themselves through it. Then you have Clayton from NIC who has a gaff in the middle of all this and has never worked a day in his life while a working couple work to pay top rent in the city to try and build a secure future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jizique

AcerJacer wrote: »
    I've always been fascinated by the term disadvantaged for those living in the city central areas. They have all the best colleges a bus ride away and all the top jobs on their door step eg. IFSC etc. Not to mention a top public transport system. Poor paddy from grim carlow and Mary from sleepy roscommon have to commute for hours to access these colleges and jobs and also work on the side to get themselves through it. Then you have Clayton from NIC who has a gaff in the middle of all this and has never worked a day in his life while a working couple work to pay top rent in the city to try and build a secure future.

I got into big trouble a few years ago when all the stuff in limerick was kicking off when I pointed out that Moyross was adjacent to LIT and one would think that the kids might aspire to making it through the gates to take a course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Im melting away

Jizique wrote: »
    I got into big trouble a few years ago when all the stuff in limerick was kicking off when I pointed out that Moyross was adjacent to LIT and one would think that the kids might aspire to making it through the gates to take a course

Your surroundings and home life would have a bearing on trying to continue to third level education, just because it's behind the wall doesn't mean it's that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Guinness69

https://twitter.com/andyjearley/status/1365680818912395266?s=21 Is shooting at a cop with fireworks attempted murder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Guinness69 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/andyjearley/status/1365680818912395266?s=21 Is shooting at a cop with fireworks attempted murder

Nothing but scum, I hope the catch him a beat the living s*it out of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭stingrayed

mgn wrote: »
    Nothing but scum, I hope the catch him a beat the living s*it out of him.

Cannot be no canada goose jacket, must have been a yuppie.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

stingrayed wrote: »
    Cannot be no canada goose jacket, must have been a yuppie.

Hipster not yuppie
    Firing a banger at a cop is not attempted murder,jayus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Attempted murder, Jesus Christ almighty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭DelaneysMule

Guinness69 wrote: »
    Is shooting at a cop with fireworks attempted murder

I wonder if the Armed Response would have shot him if he did that in front of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Hipster not yuppie
    Firing a banger at a cop is not attempted murder,jayus

It was bit more than a banger. Definitely covered by firearms laws anyway.

Hopefully they caught the scumbag and his two buddies. No doubt they'll be stupid enough to post it on Instagram or whatever anyway so it'll be only a matter of time.

The other protester that was hit with it was blessed that the copper pushed him at that split second or he would have taken it straight to the face at almost point blank range. Went down like a sack of spuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Hopefully they caught the scumbag and his two buddies. No doubt they'll be stupid enough to post it on Instagram or whatever anyway so it'll be only a matter of time.

The other protester that was hit with it was blessed that the copper pushed him at that split second or he would have taken it straight to the face at almost point blank range. Went down like a sack of spuds.

Your man gaz hogan who made that other video went to school with BIG. Think they are mates

I sparred him years ago and knocked the bollox out of him. Always was a mouth, hope he got nicked today

If that rocket hit the Garda in the eye and killed him . Would it be tried as capital murder ? Just asking

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

A bit more than a banger lol
    **** sake a firework,the auld hand bag of a copper.a fire work attempted murder hahaha

• Advertisement

A bit more than a banger lol
    **** sake a firework,the auld hand bag of a copper.a fire work attempted murder hahaha

A firework is an explosive and it was aimed at the cop. It was close range and could have killed him believe it or not.

Advertisement