Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How much should I pay for a 161 Leaf 30kw 90000KM?

• 25-02-2021 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

How much should I pay for a 161 Leaf 30kw 90,000KM?

Got a chance to buy one of these from a friend.
    He says make him a fair offer. Hes getting a Tesla.

What should I offer thats fair? Dont want to rob him either.

12 Bars still on the battery.
    And I just did a 122K trip in it (about 90% of the trip on the motorway at 110kph on the cruise control) for a test drive in it last night and there was still 12% left on it. Lovely drive tbf. oh, and its a 3Kw charger, which is fine for us as it will just be charged overnight and used as a runaround.

It was fully charged when I left.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

JimmyVik wrote: »
    How much should I pay for a 161 Leaf 30kw 90,000KM?

Got a chance to buy one of these from a friend.
    He says make him a fair offer. Hes getting a Tesla.

What should I offer thats fair? Dont want to rob him either.

12 Bars still on the battery.
    And I just did a 122K trip in it (about 90% of the trip on the motorway at 110kph on the cruise control) for a test drive in it last night and there was still 12% left on it. Lovely drive tbf. oh, and its a 3Kw charger, which is fine for us as it will just be charged overnight and used as a runaround.

It was fully charged when I left.

30 kWh ;)

3.3 kw On Board Charger, i thought all the 30's got the 6.6? Either way, if charging over night, it will make no difference, my old L24 only had the 3.3 OBC too.

He probably got offered €78 from Tesla :)
    Whats the average price on Donedeal, and check out the likes of www.electricautos.ie as the owner, Phil would be realistic with hi prices.

Also, what spec is it.......SVE/Tekna or lower?

Also, once you get used to it, that motorway trip could be increased if travelling at 100 kmph, just if you were tight for range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Gumbo wrote: »
    30 kWh ;)

3.3 kw On Board Charger, i thought all the 30's got the 6.6? Either way, if charging over night, it will make no difference, my old L24 only had the 3.3 OBC too.

He probably got offered €78 from Tesla :)
    Whats the average price on Donedeal, and check out the likes of www.electricautos.ie as the owner, Phil would be realistic with hi prices.

Also, what spec is it.......SVE/Tekna or lower?

Also, once you get used to it, that motorway trip could be increased if travelling at 100 kmph, just if you were tight for range.

Thanks, I'll check that out.
    Not sure which spec it is. Heated steering wheel and seats. Seats arent leather though. Im thinking Tekna for some reason. I might have heard it mentioned and thats why its popped into my head.
    I wasnt really going easy on it on that trip. Its for the parents so will be driven like a granny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Thanks, I'll check that out.
    Not sure which spec it is. Heated steering wheel and seats. Seats arent leather though. Im thinking Tekna for some reason. I might have heard it mentioned and thats why its popped into my head.
    I wasnt really going easy on it on that trip. Its for the parents so will be driven like a granny :)

That makes it an SV model with Cold Pack so this is your reference price

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-30kw-cold-pk-high-spec/27344485
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-ev-sv-cold-pk-4dr-auto/27044072

I'd say offers in the €9k region for your friend, since the above are dealer prices.

KCross wrote: »
    That makes it an SV model with Cold Pack so this is your reference price

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-30kw-cold-pk-high-spec/27344485
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-ev-sv-cold-pk-4dr-auto/27044072

I'd say offers in the €9k region for your friend, since the above are dealer prices.

Thanks for that. I'll give him €9k so.
    Nice car for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Nice car for that price.

Ask him how much Tesla offered him trade-in. Probably about €7-8k.
    This works differently from normal dealers though as Tesla don't really do trade-ins, but if you insist they ring a few second hand car dealers and give you the best quote from them, which is always very low

How friendly a deal is this? €9k is about the value for a quick private sale, but if you expect your friend to do you a good deal, I think a reasonable offer in a friendly deal is about €8k

Agreed, a lot of car for the money.

• Advertisement

I said 9k and he said yes.
    Deal done.

Thanks guys.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I said 9k and he said yes.
    Deal done.

Thanks guys.

Excellent. Great buy and even if just used for all your local trips, that's your local trips done for a fraction of the cost of ICE and you have contributed to cleaner air locally. Now its mandatory that we don't believe you until you post a picture :D

Nice car for that price.

One thing thats worth looking at since its a 161 is if its due a firmware update.

There is a known issue where the early 30kWh Leaf's (152/161) were under reporting the battery capacity and hence not getting the range they were capable of.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058101916

Its a free, simple fix but can only be done by the dealer.

If there is anyone near you that has an OBD dongle and the Leafspy app they will be able to tell you if it needs to be done on this car or not. What area do you live in?

If you go to a dealer they might not entertain you unless you can prove its needed as its not an official recall but it is free to get done if you can prove it... Leafspy is the only way you can do that.

KCross wrote: »
    One thing thats worth looking at since its a 161 is if its due a firmware update.

There is a known issue where the early 30kWh Leaf's (152/161) were under reporting the battery capacity and hence not getting the range they were capable of.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058101916

Its a free, simple fix but can only be done by the dealer.

If there is anyone near you that has an OBD dongle and the Leafspy app they will be able to tell you if it needs to be done on this car or not. What area do you live in?

If you go to a dealer they might not entertain you unless you can prove its needed as its not an official recall but it is free to get done if you can prove it... Leafspy is the only way you can do that.

Ive got some OBD dongles in the shed. And I can buy the app.

How do I know if it needs that update.
    Car is for the parents, nice to have an automatic for them, but no harm getting the software checked out.

The car is 100% charged now and shows range of 172km

Car is for the parents, nice to have an automatic for them, but no harm getting the software checked out.

You need to go into the service menu in the LeafSpy app and look at the firmware versions.

The version you need is listed here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108582362&postcount=4

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Real range off motorways likely ~ 165kms Summer, 120kms Winter.
    If going motorway speed you'll see the percentage drop in real time!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement