Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cardiff vs Munster, Fri 26th Feb 8pm, Live on Eir/TG4

• 25-02-2021 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

6RxOw2l.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster:
    Mike Haley; Calvin Nash, Rory Scannell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Nick McCarthy;
    James Cronin, Kevin O’Byrne, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O’Donoghue (C), Chris Cloete, Jack O’Sullivan.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Liam O’Connor, Roman Salanoa, Billy Holland, Gavin Coombes, Paddy Patterson, Joey Carbery, Darren Sweetnam.

Player News: Academy lock Thomas Ahern was unavailable for selection after picking up a knock in training this week.

Cardiff Blues:
    Matthew Morgan, Owen Lane, Mason Grady, Rey Lee-Lo, Aled Summerhill; Ben Thomas, Jamie Hill;
    Corey Domachowski, Kirby Myhill, Dmitri Arhip, Seb Davies, Rory Thornton, Shane Lewis-Hughes, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Turnbull (capt).

Replacements: Liam Belcher, Theo Bevacqua, Keiron Assiratti, James Ratti, Olly Robinson, Lewis Jones, Dan Fish, Max Llewellyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

That's a strong Blues backrow

Stronger Munster team than I thought it would be

Good to have Daly back from Irish camp

Chance for O'Sullivan to impress after Coombes grabbing the headlines this year

Joey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Oh yes! Hopefully Haley, Nash and Daly get a chance to show their stuff. Kevin O'Byrne rightfully starting. Looking forward to seeing JOS get a proper run out. Good to see Salanoa on bench. And...of course...Joey!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Oh yes! Hopefully Haley, Nash and Daly get a chance to show their stuff. Kevin O'Byrne rightfully starting. Looking forward to seeing JOS get a proper run out. Good to see Salanoa on bench. And...of course...Joey!

I don't think it's a case of KOB rightfully starting, I'd say it's nothing more than rotation.

Happy to see Joey back for us and as mentioned elsewhere I'd have loved to seen Ethan Coughlan on the bench, hopefully, he'll get an opportunity before the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭greenkiwi1

phog wrote: »
    I don't think it's a case of KOB rightfully starting, I'd say it's nothing more than rotation.

Happy to see Joey back for us and as mentioned elsewhere I'd have loved to seen Ethan Coughlan on the bench, hopefully, he'll get an opportunity before the end of the season.

If it was just rotation then you would think Marshall would be on the bench. Still looking forward to seeing KOB start tho....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 34,942 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Cardiff Blues:
    Matthew Morgan, Owen Lane, Mason Grady, Rey Lee-Lo, Aled Summerhill; Ben Thomas, Jamie Hill;
    Corey Domachowski, Kirby Myhill, Dmitri Arhip, Seb Davies, Rory Thornton, Shane Lewis-Hughes, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Turnbull (capt).

Replacements: Liam Belcher, Theo Bevacqua, Keiron Assiratti, James Ratti, Olly Robinson, Lewis Jones, Dan Fish, Max Llewellyn.

Ratty, Fish, drink water, belcher... more a cryptic crossword than a subs bench

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Ratty, Fish, drink water, belcher... more a cryptic crossword than a subs bench

Reminds me must get back on duolingo.

I think 15 minutes for Carbery is plenty tonight. Fingers crossed for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

Q's on Shane Daly

Where would he rank in running speed?
    1. Earls
    2. Conway
    3. Sweetnam
    4. Haley
    5. Daly
    6. Nash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

CMcsporty wrote: »
    Q's on Shane Daly

Where would he rank in running speed?
    1. Earls
    2. Conway
    3. Sweetnam
    4. Haley
    5. Daly
    6. Nash

Gallagher, Coombes, French and Wren in there somewhere too?
    Rory Scannell is supposedly very quick for a centre too, I wonder if he would be comparable to any of the wingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Officials for tonight's game are

Ref - Adam Jones

ARs - Daniel Jones and Ben Whitehouse

TMO - Sean Brickell

It's a pity Thomas Ahern missed out through injury. On that pitch you'd love to see him getting a chance to carry the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Ah here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Welsh 9 is classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Looked like obstruction in the lead up to that try

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭phily2002

bayern wrote: »
    Welsh 9 is classy.

He's a quality passer that's for sure

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Twice now Mccarthy breaks the line but gets turned over cos the support is slow.

Lineout struggling so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Messy, scrappy...need to sort out the silly errors quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

This match so far sums up every Wales Ireland clash the last 6-7 years, the Irish team dominating yet the welsh team are the ones with points to show for it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

So many basic errors

Line out badly malfunctioning

Need to improve soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

KOB is most definitely the form 2 in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭CMcsporty

O’Byrne having another good game
    Playmaker extraordinaire!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

McCarthy is having a good game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Turnbull straight to ground and then completely sealing off by Cardiff.
    Officials pot lucking the ruck penalties (for both sides).

That wasn't backwards!

• Subscribers Posts: 40,722 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Munster need to get the ball in de allandes hands more. He's a genuine break that but a lot of back play is bypassing him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭sioda

Filth from Cloete 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭almostover

Hanrahan very poor in that phase, watching the ball on the chase back and doesn't offer himself for a clearing kick. Leaves it to the left footer on his wrong side.

• Advertisement

Pitch reminds me of QPR's from the 80's ... bounce is absolutely rubbish

Advertisement