Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

safe pass coarse

Options
  • 25-02-2021 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere that are operating safe pass coarse at the moment, my son is 18 and has a job waiting on a site that is operating as it is essential but he needs to have his safe pass coarse done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

For Safe Pass training courses it's probably best to mail/ring https://safe-pass.ie/

But you will find on their website that all courses are suspended for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

upinthesky wrote: »
    Does anyone know anywhere that are operating safe pass coarse at the moment, my son is 18 and has a job waiting on a site that is operating as it is essential but he needs to have his safe pass coarse done?

What area are you in? For instance, if you just Google "Safe Pass course Dublin" the Dublin based ones come up. The first one I found is still running courses but fully booked until Arpil.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭irishfire

He is best to organise through the company he's going working for as they will need to give him a letter to cover the essential works side of it.

If they are doing essential works and are any sort of an outfit they will be organising refreshers for their own lads and know who is running courses so can put him in touch

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭sportloto86

Just wanted to bump it up and see if anyone came across any info on when are these course thing restrictions gonna be lifted? My safe pass expired sometime in 2017 or god knows when and I need to get it sorted but I've been trawling through web for about half a day and can't find either availability or a suitable location. On top of that spotted an article predicting complete doom for over 70000 construction workers with COVID extension for safe passes. How come government does nothing? They had a year to change the system, set up online renewal. I know I'm asking a silly question about the government but still... Any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Near Thurles?

I saw this number advertising on Facebook.

• Advertisement

Sorry, should have specified that looking for these in Dublin. Have no my own wheels at the moment so have to rely on public transport or taxi. Still interested if anyone has info on when are they resuming. Some training places provide an array of courses except a safe pass one but still click baiting online as "safe pass training". Very frustrating. Surely I'm not the only one who needs a safe pass? Groups reduced to 10 - 8 people and companies choose to ignore the demand for courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

Ayrton Group, Airton Road Tallaght are running courses now. you could contact them
    https://www.ayrton.ie/

Ayrton Group, Airton Road Tallaght are running courses now. you could contact them
    https://www.ayrton.ie/

No places. Already checked them. So did the other course providers. Few have availability for the end of May or in June. Some had availability this week but I'm still in quarantine.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I booked the lads on safe pass with Ireland T&T, they are going end of next week but I booked a month ago so not sure on availability

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭FrankieB29

Who is doing courses this week and next ? I only found one for the 18th of may looking for something sooner

Any idea of what companies to get in touch with?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭FrankieB29

lashes34 wrote: »
    I booked the lads on safe pass with Ireland T&T, they are going end of next week but I booked a month ago so not sure on availability

Just booked them myself most other places are not free until end of may and june

Advertisement