Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ticketmaster refund and lost money

• 17-02-2021 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I will tell you the story. It will be a short story about the fight for €166.65. So far a lost fight.
    On January 31, 2021, I asked Ticketmaster for a refund for the Guns And Roses concert. The next day I got a reply that the money had been returned to my account and I will get it within 5-7 business days. On the ninth day I still didn't get the money, so I sent an email to Ticketmaster. They replied that they sent the money on 1.02 and it must be my bank's fault. Cutting long story short, today is the thirteenth working day and I still have no money, I lost count of how many e-mails I sent to Ticketmaster. Called the bank three times, today went there myself. The bank says there is no trace of money, Ticketmaster says they sent money a long time ago, I lost half a day today on phone calls, e-mails and still nothing. A nice gentleman in the bank advised me to open a chargeback dispute, so I did, apparently, it will take months.
    Is there anyone who has similar experiences with Ticketmaster and refund?

I'll add that the previous two or three refunds last year went smoothly, I got the money in a few days.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Ask Ticketmaster for the transfer reference number.
    Take that to your bank and ask if they received it.

Should be straight forward enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

After more than three weeks and wasted time on calls, e-mails and visits to the bank, the money has arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

hi ..I bought 2 tickets for the pet shop boys at a ticket master outlet for cash ....Just wondering as anyone advice on how to get a refund please

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Reznorek

com7 wrote: »
    hi ..I bought 2 tickets for the pet shop boys at a ticket master outlet for cash ....Just wondering as anyone advice on how to get a refund please
    Submit a request:
    https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360006285854-Cancelled-and-Rescheduled-Events

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mactheknife19

Just wondering has anyone had experience using TM resale. I resold a Killers ticket and received notification that they had been sold plus TM will be re-issuing my ticket to the buyer.

It then says expect to receive payment 10-12 days after the event. I assumed it meant after the sale, but that reads as June 2022. So in theory they have my money and the new buyers money.

Is this the process

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Just wondering has anyone had experience using TM resale. I resold a Killers ticket and received notification that they had been sold plus TM will be re-issuing my ticket to the buyer.

It then says expect to receive payment 10-12 days after the event. I assumed it meant after the sale, but that reads as June 2022. So in theory they have my money and the new buyers money.

Is this the process
    That’s the process!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

TM are such bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

com7 wrote: »

How did you get on with this? I paid by credit card but require a refund too as I won't be able to make the rescheduled event. I had planned on going back to the Ticketmaster outlet I bought them at but they have been shut as a result of level 5.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone think the process to get a refund is so convoluted, asking for order and payment details that they already have.

Pity its not like Amazon with a simple 'cancel order button....oh that would be too easy.

For a company that has such steep 'service fees' their technology is ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Anyone think the process to get a refund is so convoluted, asking for order and payment details that they already have.

Pity its not like Amazon with a simple 'cancel order button....oh that would be too easy.

For a company that has such steep 'service fees' their technology is ****e.
    I disagree their technology is crap. I think they delay it as much as possible to make it difficult and hold on to your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Kissyfer

Anyone tried to request a refund recently seems to have removed the ability to submit a request and now you go through the order page and get help with my order but whenever you fill the details in and hit submit just says an error has occured!

Advertisement