Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe in UFOs & flying saucers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Was listening to the UPARS podcast on Skinwalker Ranch with George Knapp & Irish Dr Colm Kelleher, they described different types of UFO's at the ranch from RV types to Black Triangles to actual Aliens that were as see thru as the Alien in Predator as if they had a cloaking device on.

What an interesting place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭barbara anne

Nope. They would have contacted us by now.

100%. It's wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Steve012

Who says they Haven't?

Steve012 wrote: »
    Who says they Haven't?

Oh great. You're obviously one of those who got 'probed' in his sleep.

The truth of really what's going on, is very difficult for us Homo Saipan's to be able to conceive.

I'll leave it there, but a lot of people who clicked on to this thread know what I mean.

• Advertisement

Oh great. You're obviously one of those who got 'probed' in his sleep.

Wah gwan "I'm obviously" ���� very poor generalizations

Go back to Schoollllll

Wah gwan "I'm obviously" ���� very poor generalizations

Go back to Schoollllll

Oh god no and deal with all those angsty teenagers?

Do they do aliens in school these days? Oh my. Wasting poor kids time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Maybe they're saying the same about us.

Rodin wrote: »
    Maybe they're saying the same about us.

No. They dont exist 100%. Trust me. I've lived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,612 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

steddyeddy wrote: »
    The universe is too big for there not to be intelligent life elsewhere IMHO.

This is it but, again, it’s this size, and distance, that makes the idea of any alien life making “appearances” in our skies, pretty much, impossible to give credence to.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭COVID

This is it but, again, it’s this size, and distance, that makes the idea of any alien life making “appearances” in our skies, pretty much, impossible to give credence to.

Yeah, but It's a God-awful small affair.

Your are a joking yeah ?

Your are a joking yeah ?

No I'm not joking. I know they don't exist. 100%.

What is it with these online people think they know everything.

No I'm not joking. I know they don't exist. 100%.

What is it with these online people think they know everything.

Ok, nobody knows everything, it's impossible, like the workings of the universe or other intelligent life may be out there.

To be 100% dismissive, is one hell of a closed mind.

The longer you leave your mind aware and open to possibilities your belief system can't fathom.

You might learn a few things, especially about life in general, since your understanding seems to be well below average.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

The mathematics suggest our universe is teaming with life, including technologically advanced civilisations.

Theory also suggests that most of these civilisations eventually destroy themselves (eg nuclear/environmental disaster), so the window of opportunity to make contact is relatively small. We’ve been actively searching for barely 50 years with limited technology in a galaxy billions of years old.

In relation to UFOs, there’s also the theory that governments are gradually conditioning the public for the announcement such as releasing those US Air Force videos etc, or Governments are refusing to confirm for fear of the shock society would go into.

It’s been said before, there are only two possibilities, we are either alone in the universe or we are not, both scenarios are equally terrifying !!

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Only government has the answers to this question.
    And they have all the fundamental answers.
    Not the layman or the person who said they saw credible evidence, they're not qualified or have the intelligence to back up their claims.

Science is the only answer to everything and until someone who's qualified is able to prove this then we can believe it if the right evidence is produced.

It's like having a handyman do electrical work, you and he is not insured due to health and safety and that's that.

I find it interesting UFOs and the paranormal, but unless science says it's real, it's real.

Science say's no to UFOs.

Ok, nobody knows everything, it's impossible, like the workings of the universe or other intelligent life may be out there.

To be 100% dismissive, is one hell of a closed mind.

The longer you leave your mind aware and open to possibilities your belief system can't fathom.

You might learn a few things, especially about life in general, since your understanding seems to be well below average.

A scientist once said to me if I opened my mind too much my brains could fall out.

He's right because he's a scientist, science is the answer to everything.
    He knows more than I do because he's educated in the field of science.

iagreebut wrote: »
    A scientist once said to me if I opened my mind too much my brains could fall out.

He's right because he's a scientist, science is the answer to everything.
    He knows more than I do because he's educated in the field of science.

It's a measure of different type's of intelligence, not just one, like scientific intelligence, psychic's remote viewers, will say a different story,

Lots of answers in spiritual intelligence

and the scientists didn't say that to ya, that's an old saying man ��

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ditto.

Wonder when we'll get to Mars?

Elon Musk reckons 5 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jmlad2020

Oh you poor thing. You probably haven't lived at all. Maybe only in a small box your whole life. So dismissive of the unknown. So sure of the unsure. Try a few psychedelic mushrooms, read a non-fiction book, broaden your mind.

I doubt you have even looked up to the stars and pondered the age old question and the rabbit hole that it takes you down. Watching Fair City is a distraction from life darling.

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Oh you poor thing. You probably haven't lived at all. Maybe only in a small box your whole life. So dismissive of the unknown. So sure of the unsure. Try a few psychedelic mushrooms, read a non-fiction broaden your mind.

I doubt you have even looked up to the stars and pondered the age old question and the rabbit hole that it takes you down. Watching Fair City is a distraction from life darling.

I think she's a wind up merchant man tbh!

What an approach to life if she was being for real 🤣😂😂

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod: Folks, back to the UFO discussion, less of the jibing, please.

It's a measure of different type's of intelligence, not just one, like scientific intelligence, psychic's remote viewers, will say a different story,

Lots of answers in spiritual intelligence

and the scientists didn't say that to ya, that's an old saying man ��

Spirituality and pseudoscience is wrong,it's all just new age stuff.

There's no point in trying to tell a scientist that there's a spiritual realm or that there's anything outside of our senses.
    I know you mean well, but there's no way that spiritual concepts and UFOs are similar.

I should know, intelligent people have smashed that illusion of dilusional thinking from me.
    Science is the only way forward for me that is.

All the rest I'm told isn't reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

Our earth is so small and insignificant in the great scheme of things that any advanced life out there would not be bothered with us or more importantly not be able to detect us. As our signal output would not be strong enough to be detected..its a far more advanced civilisation that can generate signals millions times stronger that can be paid a visit from ET and his relatives. So folks we will have to live with the premise that we are isolated and unless a miracle of a chance that they find us by pure chance. We live without hope

Mod: Post deleted.

There should be a cute cat meme thread somewhere on Boards for you to move on to. The level of discussion on this topic is obviously too much for you to fathom or bring any constructive input to.

I Hope you enjoyed Fair City tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Some people get very emotional, even quite angry at the suggestion that there could be a more advanced lifeform than us.
    We are used to thinking of ourselves for centuries as the centre of the universe, made in God's image and so on, the pinnacle of creation.

If it ever officially comes out that we are not alone in the universe, then we have to face facts; we are really just a big fish in a small pond.
    There are people who cannot/will not accept that.

Denny61 wrote: »
    Our earth is so small and insignificant in the great scheme of things that any advanced life out there would not be bothered with us or more importantly not be able to detect us. As our signal output would not be strong enough to be detected..its a far more advanced civilisation that can generate signals millions times stronger that can be paid a visit from ET and his relatives. So folks we will have to live with the premise that we are isolated and unless a miracle of a chance that they find us by pure chance. We live without hope

That assumes they don't already know we are here.

The Summerians, who are known for having extremely accurate knowledge of astronomy in their ancient scriptures (they knew of the existence of each planet in our solar system and mapped them 6000 years ago) believed we were seeded by the Annunaki, a race of extra terrestrial visitors who came from the skies.

https://u.osu.edu/vanzandt/2019/03/01/zecharia-sitchin-and-our-alien-anecestors/comment-page-1/

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    That assumes they don't already know we are here.

The Summerians, who are known for having extremely accurate knowledge of astronomy in their ancient scriptures (they knew of the existence of each planet in our solar system and mapped them 6000 years ago) believed we were seeded by the Annunaki, a race of extra terrestrial visitors who came from the skies.

https://u.osu.edu/vanzandt/2019/03/01/zecharia-sitchin-and-our-alien-anecestors/comment-page-1/
    Heard they were on the wacky backy a lot and known for telling great bed time stories....ah yes the summerains

• Advertisement

iagreebut wrote: »
    Spirituality and pseudoscience is wrong,it's all just new age stuff.

There's no point in trying to tell a scientist that there's a spiritual realm or that there's anything outside of our senses.
    I know you mean well, but there's no way that spiritual concepts and UFOs are similar.

I should know, intelligent people have smashed that illusion of dilusional thinking from me.
    Science is the only way forward for me that is.

All the rest I'm told isn't reality.

We have No Idea what reality is tho.

How different is an insects reality different to a dogs? which one is conscious?

How about humans, how different is the reality of a native American tribes man, to a young London banker?!?

Advertisement