Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October 2021

• 23-02-2021 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

I was waiting to see if anybody else started this thread.
    Anybody out there? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭skywayavenue

Me! Have a doctors appointment this afternoon to confirm. Due date is 29th October I think!
    Having a weepy day today, just feel like its not going to work out. I've no reason to believe that, just emotional!
    Have you had many symptoms yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Me! Have a doctors appointment this afternoon to confirm. Due date is 29th October I think!
    Having a weepy day today, just feel like its not going to work out. I've no reason to believe that, just emotional!
    Have you had many symptoms yet?

Aw no, sorry to hear that. Try and stay positive x
    I've had sore boobs mostly and extreme fatigue!!
    I'm trying to get a GP appointment this week too.
    Is this your first?

Gee_G wrote: »
    Aw no, sorry to hear that. Try and stay positive x
    I've had sore boobs mostly and extreme fatigue!!
    I'm trying to get a GP appointment this week too.
    Is this your first?

Yeah it's my first, you? Have sore boobs too, and falling asleep on the sofa every night!!

Yeah it's my first, you? Have sore boobs too, and falling asleep on the sofa every night!!

No, its my 3rd. (Must be mad!!)
    The tiredness really is something. Its like a completely different type of tiredness isn't it. My husband laughs at me because every time he turns around I'm after nodding off haha.

No, its my 3rd. (Must be mad!!)
    The tiredness really is something. Its like a completely different type of tiredness isn't it. My husband laughs at me because every time he turns around I'm after nodding off haha.

Ha! My husband thinks its all in my head, keeps saying surely its too early for tiredness! Will you go for an early scan or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

Hi ladies,

I’m nervously jumping on board! Due towards the end of October. I had a miscarriage in October in my 11th week so I’m very nervous. Have a great little boy of 22 months already. Trying not to get too excited at this stage, the tiredness is really getting the best of me at the moment.

Ha! My husband thinks its all in my head, keeps saying surely its too early for tiredness! Will you go for an early scan or anything?

They haven't a clue haha.
    No, I don't think so. I think I will book a private scan for the 20ish week scan and find out the sex with my husband hopefully.

carleigh wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

I’m nervously jumping on board! Due towards the end of October. I had a miscarriage in October in my 11th week so I’m very nervous. Have a great little boy of 22 months already. Trying not to get too excited at this stage, the tiredness is really getting the best of me at the moment.

Hi and congrats.
    Very sorry to hear of your loss in October.
    Have you had any appointments yet? X

Hi and congrats.
    Very sorry to hear of your loss in October.
    Have you had any appointments yet? X

Back at ya! I’ve made my GP appointment for later this week as I’m unsure if I need extra scans etc as I’ve had 3 miscarriages overall, I was scanned every week up until my last loss, they couldn’t have done anymore for me.

I also have a hospital appointment next week for a steroid injection into my wrist so hoping that can go ahead as I really, really need it. Genuinely don’t know how I will cope with 2 little people 🤣

carleigh wrote: »
    Back at ya! I’ve made my GP appointment for later this week as I’m unsure if I need extra scans etc as I’ve had 3 miscarriages overall, I was scanned every week up until my last loss, they couldn’t have done anymore for me.

I also have a hospital appointment next week for a steroid injection into my wrist so hoping that can go ahead as I really, really need it. Genuinely don’t know how I will cope with 2 little people 🀣

Wow, three, I'm so sorry 😞
    Well hopefully the tiredness is a good sign for you this time x

• Advertisement

Just back from the doctor, ended up having a scan! All looking good, all in the right place and can already see a little something starting to grow.

Just back from the doctor, ended up having a scan! All looking good, all in the right place and can already see a little something starting to grow.

Ah brilliant. Reassuring to get the scan!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

Hi guys, just joining in here! I'm due around mid October with my first! Not doing too bad symptoms wise, just sore boobs and tiredness!

I've booked an early private scan for 9 weeks just for reassurance and I like the fact that my husband can come with me whereas I don't think he'll be allowed for the HSE one?

BTW, has anyone heard from their maternity hospital yet? My GP referred me 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm still only 7 weeks at the moment so maybe they wait until closer to the 12 weeks to get in touch? I'd just like to know so I could book the day off work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Kerry25x wrote: »
    BTW, has anyone heard from their maternity hospital yet? My GP referred me 2 weeks ago but I haven't heard anything from them yet, I'm still only 7 weeks at the moment so maybe they wait until closer to the 12 weeks to get in touch? I'd just like to know so I could book the day off work!

Hi Girls,

Due october 12th - be my second (first also born in octiber so timed that well :rolleyes: )

I filled in the form for the coombe when I found out at 4 weeks after confirmed with doc and had letter, and had the scan and booking appointment letter back within a few days, so might be best to follow up with them to be sure.

Tiredness and constant nausea is killing me, I forgot how horrible the nausea was on my first.

Kerry25x wrote: »
    Hi guys, just joining in here! I'm due around mid October with my first! Not doing too bad symptoms wise, just sore boobs and tiredness!

I've booked an early private scan for 9 weeks just for reassurance and I like the fact that my husband can come with me whereas I don't think he'll be allowed for the HSE one?

Hi 👋 and Congrats!!
    Yeah I think its strict in all hospitals at the moment about no partners. It will probably say it on your letter I'm sure.
    I'm around Mid October too. But I'm still waiting on my GP appointment... id say it would be easier to get a sit down with the president at the moment than get an appointment with my GP. I'm very annoyed about it!!!

Naid23 wrote: »
    Hi Girls,

Due october 12th - be my second (first also born in octiber so timed that well :rolleyes: )

I filled in the form for the coombe when I found out at 4 weeks after confirmed with doc and had letter, and had the scan and booking appointment letter back within a few days, so might be best to follow up with them to be sure.

Tiredness and constant nausea is killing me, I forgot how horrible the nausea was on my first.

Congrats!!
    The nausea is horrible. I had it so bad on my first but didn't once vomit. I often thought it would be better if you could, at least there would be some relief.
    I'm already getting very bad heartburn. I had to get prescription tablets for it on my last pregnancy as I wasn't sleeping or anything with it, and I think I'm going to have to get them again this time.
    You'll have a busy month in October for Birthday parties in a few years!!

Congrats!!
    The nausea is horrible. I had it so bad on my first but didn't once vomit. I often thought it would be better if you could, at least there would be some relief.
    I'm already getting very bad heartburn. I had to get prescription tablets for it on my last pregnancy as I wasn't sleeping or anything with it, and I think I'm going to have to get them again this time.
    You'll have a busy month in October for Birthday parties in a few years!!

Yeah i was exactly the same, didnt get sick once and would say its gonna be the same with this one. If i didnt have a 2 year old, it be fine but playing games with her and feeling sick all the time is no fun. I’m hoping its like my first were the nausea stopped bang on 12 weeks, so can only hope.

How's everybody doing?
    I have my first GP app tomorrow (finally!!).
    The tiredness is absolutely killing me. I thought it was easing a little bit but no. Can't sit in the one spot for more than a few mins or I'm asleep haha.

How's everybody doing?
    I have my first GP app tomorrow (finally!!).
    The tiredness is absolutely killing me. I thought it was easing a little bit but no. Can't sit in the one spot for more than a few mins or I'm asleep haha.

Great that you have your appointment, the wait times are mad at the mo!
    I'm not doing great, finding it very hard to think positive, very emotional. I have another scan on Friday when I should be 6 weeks so hopefully I can calm down a bit then.

• Advertisement

Great that you have your appointment, the wait times are mad at the mo!
    I'm not doing great, finding it very hard to think positive, very emotional. I have another scan on Friday when I should be 6 weeks so hopefully I can calm down a bit then.

I have my Fingers crossed that it will go well for you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

5wk 5days atm and feeling noting really but anxious 😭 I plan on booking a private scan for 7weeks. Calculators saying due 30/10 any advice for first time, I feel like a bag of nerves all the time 😭

S1987 wrote: »
    5wk 5days atm and feeling noting really but anxious 😭 I plan on booking a private scan for 7weeks. Calculators saying due 30/10 any advice for first time, I feel like a bag of nerves all the time 😭

I'm the exact same - I cried all day yesterday. I am so annoyed at myself for being like this because I feel like I should be enjoying it but I'm not. However, I am much better today. The anxiety seems to come and go. I have no advice really, just you aren't alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That makes me feel better thank you! I suppose it just doesn’t feel so real yet dying to go for a scan but I just know it’s to early now, the days are dragging!

I found with both my pregnancies that the nausea didnt start until 6 weeks which coincides with the heartbeat being visible (not sure if its related). You’ll hear this alot that every pregnancy is different and that is true so try not to worry too much about what symptoms you have or dont have.

I found out at 4 weeks and thought great no morning sickness then bang 6 weeks came and it hit hard, am 8 weeks now and still rough. Its so hard not to worry especially on your first so just look after yourself as much as you can. X

Looking forward to getting past the 12 week scan so I can tell work I'm pregnant. Feeling like I should call in sick tomorrow because I've been weak and nauseous the last 2 days but I already called in sick just 2 weeks ago and I hate lying or coming up with excuses. Also, I know when anyone is sick now everyone quietly wonders if it could be covid related...:rolleyes:

Just take every day as it comes. Symptoms can come and go and then reappear with a bang. It’s so hard not to be anxious and worried, it’s only natural, just be kind to yourself.

I got everything confirmed my my GP and she has referred me to be seen by a consultant as she thinks I may benefit from progesterone in these early weeks but I haven’t heard anything yet. It was an awkward appointment as my file still had me down as pregnant (I had a miscarriage in October at 11 weeks) even though the practice had been notified so my GP was mortified and then she couldn’t update my file as they have a new electronic system she is having difficulty using so it was interesting!

Had my scan this morning, measuring 5w5d/5w6d, thought I was 6w0d today but midwife said its not a big deal. Could see the heartbeat flickering but couldn't hear it. Feeling relieved!

Had my scan this morning, measuring 5w5d/5w6d, thought I was 6w0d today but midwife said its not a big deal. Could see the heartbeat flickering but couldn't hear it. Feeling relieved!

That’s brilliant, makes it all more real. I have a scan in the EPU next Friday, another week to get through :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Mildred22

Hi guys, just wonder if any one can help me? I’m due my first on the 30th of October. I’ve been to my gp to confirm and talk about options, I’m completely clueless but after talking we decided to go with public in holles street and combined care, I went home and booked in with holles street online. I got a letter a Few days later to say that I had an appointment in primary care centre beside holle street on the 23rd of march (no scan) but yesterday I got a letter to say I’m booked in for an ultra sound on the 19th of March, at
    This point I’ll be 8weeks? I feel like this is an error it should be the 19th of April (12weeks) should I just go with it or call them? This is all very new to be and a bit daunting no idea what To be doing. Thanks

Advertisement