Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Boxer Kenny Egan, always got the impression hes a complete knobend. Confirmed when he popped up in a photo posing with Daniel Kinehan in that Panorama doc.

For a fella who boxed at the level he did, he has a remarkably poor knowledge of rival boxers' names. Have heard him talk about his career a few times, and it's always "de Rushen", "de German", "de Cooben". Thick as a ditch I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

For a fella who boxed at the level he did, he has a remarkably poor knowledge of rival boxers' names. Have heard him talk about his career a few times, and it's always "de Rushen", "de German", "de Cooben". Thick as a ditch I say.

Is he still a county Councillor?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That’s the auld ‘Doob’ for ya, Never could handle ‘strange’ name.

Frank Lambert...........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Is he still a county Councillor?

He is, he's representing de Clondalkians

https://www.sdcc.ie/en/services/our-council/councillors/cllr-kenneth-egan.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Tbf, if you watch Irish boxing commentary during the a fight, they never use the names. It's always 'he/ she's fighting the cuban/ the Chinese/ The Russian/ the Nigerian/ The Brazilian' etc.

They tend to refer to their nationalities because a lot of these countries have 'styles' of boxing.

Not excusing him not knowing the names tho-but I suppose it's just a boxing thing. I know it's not exclusive to IReland, I know a few foreign boxers who referred to Irish male boxers as 'The Irishman'... like 'I'm gonna beat that Irish man'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

I thought he left politics and opened up his own Psychotherapy practice last i heard of him anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭John arse

I thought he left politics and opened up his own Psychotherapy practice last i heard of him anyway!
    u thinking of richie sadlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

John arse wrote: »
    u thinking of richie sadlier?

Just googled it there thought i was mistaken its definitly Egan he has his own Psychotherapy & Counselling Clinic now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Tom Jones.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Tom Jones.

He seems harmless,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

He seems harmless,

No, funnily enough...it's not unusual....

I'll get my coat

No, funnily enough...it's not unusual....

I'll get my coat

Be good for you to see the green green grass of home

Sir Stev-o-Timothy...whatever his name is, was on the LLS tonight.

I've my own share of issues, mental health wise... so I understand things can be brutal when stuff goes wrong.

But losing his facebook page monetization, and going into a depression over it... I'm just not sympathetic towards that.

I mean, like the song says, 'Video killed the radio star'... well, the internet killed the video star. And eventually something will kill the internet star.
    We saw it with Vine, youtube, blip, megavideo, facebook, Instagram, Twitch etc etc...

Most of these folks know it's a short term thing. You have to plan for something or else you're in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Ryan Gosling. I’m sure he’s a nice man and lovely to his mother and all that, but something about him...

Was flicking through Netflix or Prime the other night, thought First Man might be decent, but I couldn’t hack 2hrs of him, so I passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Killian Foley-Walsh. Has a face that's just demanding to be punched and an attitude to match.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've my own share of issues, mental health wise... so I understand things can be brutal when stuff goes wrong.

But losing his facebook page monetization, and going into a depression over it... I'm just not sympathetic towards that.

I mean, like the song says, 'Video killed the radio star'... well, the internet killed the video star. And eventually something will kill the internet star.
    We saw it with Vine, youtube, blip, megavideo, facebook, Instagram, Twitch etc etc...

Most of these folks know it's a short term thing. You have to plan for something or else you're in trouble.

Have to agree, there's something about him.
    He seems (to me) to be the type of lad that would have been an absolute scrote when younger and is now pretending it didn't happening / ignoring it.
    Might be wrong but I've got that impression of others, having seen it first hand too and be right.

He's made good cash out of a one trick pony act, he surely knew it wasn't going to last forever?

When I was growing up I used really hate those eco warriors who used live in the trees on the N11!

Theres a blast from the past. I remember they had two of them on the LLS in a debate about it. I was in favour of the trees being saved but this pair were just counterproductive, behaved like total idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

KungPao wrote: »
    Ryan Gosling. I’m sure he’s a nice man and lovely to his mother and all that, but something about him...

Was flicking through Netflix or Prime the other night, thought First Man might be decent, but I couldn’t hack 2hrs of him, so I passed.

First Man is very good, well worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

Lottie Ryan, keeping it in the family in RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bocaman

Grainne Seoige ... complaining about leaving home and coming back to Ireland and the cold Irish weather...
    airs and graces on that wan

She lost the run of herself years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Olly Alexander

bocaman wrote: »

Fine looking woman but there's just something about her I could never warm to.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Olly Alexander
    Have to disagree there, it's a sin is very well made and he was very good in it.
    He is a good singer also, not sure what he is like outside those gigs?

mikekerry wrote: »
    Have to disagree there, it's a sin is very well made and he was very good in it.
    He is a good singer also, not sure what he is like outside those gigs?

I think that's why its inexplicable.

And yeah, It's a Sin was genuinely heartbreaking at times. Though it's use of humour was very human.

Hint of the black widow spider about her

bocaman wrote: »

She was expensive to hire, for real. Her pay packet may not have looked excessive (in comparison to others)... but not included was the cost of her wardrobe (none of the RTE tat for her) and she also had her own makeup crew (see my comment on the wardrobe thing, similar opinions).

She was a VERY expensive hire.
    razorblunt wrote: »
    Have to agree, there's something about him.
    He seems (to me) to be the type of lad that would have been an absolute scrote when younger and is now pretending it didn't happening / ignoring it.
    Might be wrong but I've got that impression of others, having seen it first hand too and be right.

He's made good cash out of a one trick pony act, he surely knew it wasn't going to last forever?

That's the impression I sort of got from him too. I doubt he stopped being a scrote, tbh. Just looking at his social media. People who tend to be jerks...they don't hide it very well.
    He's one of em. (also, the joke about the black guys... I get the feeling he thinks he can make those jokes because he's 'woke' and 'it's okay when we do it'... Nope. Nope).

There's some interesting videos about youtube creators who left youtube.
    Many of them moved on to other venues, from producing to their own podcast websites.
    They knew it's temporary. You're definitely not gonna make a living out of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

ive met her a couple of times , i could not say a word against her

just my view

hes painfully unfunny

didnt know that

hes still horribly unfunny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,249 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Killian Foley-Walsh. Has a face that's just demanding to be punched and an attitude to match.

He looks like one of those good kids who snaps and murders there families!

Advertisement