Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Stars

Options
  • 19-02-2021 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to this tomorrow night.

My pick for the hurling:

Quaid
    Finn DMorrissey Burke
    Byrnes deBurca Lyons
    Barron Lynch
    Hegarty Reid TMorrissey
    Gillane Bennett Kelly

Hurler of the year: Gearoid Hegarty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Looking forward to this tomorrow night.

My pick for the hurling:

Quaid
    Finn DMorrissey Burke
    Byrnes deBurca Lyons
    Barron Lynch
    Hegarty Reid TMorrissey
    Gillane Bennett Kelly

Hurler of the year: Gearoid Hegarty

Calum Lyons will lose out to Kyle Hayes I'd say, brilliant year for both of them but think Hayes will shade it.

Cian Lynch played mostly in the forwards didn't he? Super player but surely a bit unfair to Will O'Donoghue to name him there, WO'D played midfield all year and was great.

Aussie Gleeson should be there rather than Gillane IMHO.

Can't argue with any of the rest of your selection.

Hegarty absolutely nailed on for HOTY

Will be interesting to see who gets Young HOTY, lads under 23 few and far between this year. Eoin Cody maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Deskjockey wrote: »
    Calum Lyons will lose out to Kyle Hayes I'd say, brilliant year for both of them but think Hayes will shade it.

Cian Lynch played mostly in the forwards didn't he? Super player but surely a bit unfair to Will O'Donoghue to name him there, WO'D played midfield all year and was great.

Aussie Gleeson should be there rather than Gillane IMHO.

Can't argue with any of the rest of your selection.

Hegarty absolutely nailed on for HOTY

Will be interesting to see who gets Young HOTY, lads under 23 few and far between this year. Eoin Cody maybe?

Is Kyle Hayes too old for young HOTY?! Born 1998. (I realise he wasn't nominated, so he must be too old :-O)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus half of Limerick on the team but shows how great they are

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Delighted for Brian Fenton, although I thought Kilkenny deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Agree with 13 of the hurling team, would have picked O'Donoghue and Glesson ahead of Barron and Gillane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Congrats to Fenton and Hegarty. I dont watch much hurling but Fenton is the most complete all round player I've ever seen and the GOAT midfielder.

One thing that irks me slightly though.

Don't see why they had the lads in the studio to collect the award when they could have just done it over zoom. Half the country laid off work and stuck to within 5k of their homes. Yet it's ok for these lads to travel. Collecting an award doesn't seem essential.

Probably quite an unpopular opinion but think they could have done it via video for one year.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Congrats to Fenton and Hegarty. I dont watch much hurling but Fenton is the most complete all round player I've ever seen and the GOAT midfielder.

One thing that irks me slightly though.

Don't see why they had the lads in the studio to collect the award when they could have just done it over zoom. Half the country laid off work and stuck to within 5k of their homes. Yet it's ok for these lads to travel. Collecting an award doesn't seem essential.

Probably quite an unpopular opinion but think they could have done it via video for one year.
    didn't watch it surprised they done that, suppose the late late show had people from first dates on it last week, that's RTE for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

didn't watch it surprised they done that, suppose the late late show had people from first dates on it last week, that's RTE for ya.

Haven't watched LLS in a long time but saw a few clips of video interviews so surprised they have people in studio for interviews.

Some craic with the big STAY AT HOME in the corner of the screen while having lads in the studio.

I see young Mullin gave a great interview via video link and it was a perfect connection so it can be done.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Haven't watched LLS in a long time but saw a few clips of video interviews so surprised they have people in studio for interviews.

Some craic with the big STAY AT HOME in the corner of the screen while having lads in the studio.

I see young Mullin gave a great interview via video link and it was a perfect connection so it can be done.
    I think the video interviews on the LLS are generally people abroad, so last night Dolly Parton was on video and Pat Shortt and his daughter were in the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Well done to fenton. I thought kilkenny was more deserving personally. Funny enough the old chestnut of 'splitting the dublin vote' didnt seem to manifest itself at all this year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Fenton is probably the most complete player of my life time however I thought Kilkenny was unlucky.

Advertisement