Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VIII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options
1327328329330331333»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Graham wrote: »
    I hope we won't get one this year either if we get the number of cases under control.

That'll work whatever the weather.

Even if we did get a surge between late April and Mid Sept...a chance so remote you couldn't legitimately suggest it with a straight face, our immune systems would be in much better shape to take it, we wouldn't require any where near the same medical treatment.

That is just science.

Being in level 5 in Dec/Jan and still in May is off the wall crazy...that is anti science.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Parachutes

If you don’t agree with the Branch Covidians you are a conspiracy theorist. There’s no point arguing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

No it doesn't it's science, a winter surge is when viral infections shoot up in the population and drop over a period of a few weeks, it typically happens during what is known as flu season which is typically between Oct-Mid March..it's just science!!!

It happens every year.

And yet the oddest thing was that the peak covid infection here occurred in April. Stranger and stranger this thing ...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

That is just science.

Being in level 5 in Dec/Jan and still in May is off the wall crazy...that is anti science.

Only if you pretend cases didn't go up in December and are now decreasing rapidly.

You'd have to be some kind of special to think it's all down to the weather.

gozunda wrote: »
    And yet the oddest thing was that the peak covid infection here occurred in April. Stranger and stranger this thing ...

I don't know how many times I have had to explain this to you in particular.

We were not testing in March at anywhere near the levels we were in April...it surged in March (the tail end of typical flu season), we have no idea how many people were infected, no idea, it tailed off in April when we started testing everyone and anyone, we were chasing cases all the way up until Dec last year.

The case numbers are misleading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Just pure scaremongering,

it's not scaremongering leo himself said there could be restrictions in winter 21 going into 2022 because of a 4th wave and new variants. it seems like it's going to make **** all difference whether or not people meet up because we're going to be under restrictions anyway

ypres5 wrote: »
    it's not scaremongering leo himself said there could be restrictions in winter 21

read the post I was responding to.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

This is year is going to be worse than last year. A year later with vaccines and they have a better idea how to treat people. Baffling really.

Only if you pretend cases didn't go up in December and are now decreasing rapidly.

You'd have to be some kind of special to think it's all down to the weather.

Graham, you are embarrassing yourself.

I have never pretended cases didn't go up in Dec....I said it was inevitable.

I don't know how to even answer your post...you think seasonality has nothing to do with viral infections, good grief!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭decreds

Strange commonality, anyone i know who is all for lockdowns is completely leftist, lazy etc.

I have yet to meet anyone who is killing it in all areas openly preach lockdowns.

• Advertisement

Graham, you are embarrassing yourself.

I have never pretended cases didn't go up in Dec....I said it was inevitable.

I don't know how to even answer your post...you think seasonality has nothing to do with viral infections, good grief!

Agreed. Has resorted to childish emotional response, completely lacking critical thinking and credibility within the posts.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    This is year is going to be worse than last year. A year later with vaccines and they have a better idea how to treat people. Baffling really.

We will be lucky if we get 4-8 weeks of level 2 this year....if they have us in level 5 in May, restricted to 5km, then we can write of next winter as well...until someone puts a stop to these anti science headbangers!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

decreds wrote: »
    Strange commonality, anyone i know who is all for lockdowns is completely leftist, lazy etc.

I have yet to meet anyone who is killing it in all areas openly preach lockdowns.

Yep, same experience. The work shy are loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I find your immediate reflex to report, silence and search for grievance, abhorrent.

That aside:

Protesting against race-based police brutality = good.
    Pursuing your personal, extreme ideology under the guise of protesting against race-based police brutality in a way that can jeopardise the message of the protests overall = bad.

Protesting against lockdowns that you consider to be inhumane overreach = good.
    Pursuing your personal, extreme ideology under the guise of protesting against lockdowns in a way that can jeopardise the message of the protests overall = bad.

The intent of the few doing the "bad" doesn't negate the good intentions of those doing the "good".

I hope that clears that up for you.

Considering I said I had read the post a dozen times I would hardly call it an immediate reaction. When I feel that someone is posting something which threatens people's safety I have no issue with reporting it.

Given what was posted here about the organizers of that protest I found it disturbing that instead of at least acknowledging this you decided to obfuscate the situation with rhetoric designed to allow people to feel alright with banding together with a bunch of complete nutcases. The core organizers and not some happen chance fringe elements.

I hope that clears that up for you.

We will be lucky if we get 4-8 weeks of level 2 this year....if they have us in level 5 in May, restricted to 5km, then we can write of next winter as well...until someone puts a stop to these anti science headbangers!

We will be in and out of lock downs until at least the next GE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 114 ✭✭RonaVirus

I was going to start an "Activities exempt from restrictions thread" thread but it would no doubt get locked so it'll have to do here instead. I'll start:

* Attending BLM protests
    * Travelling to scenic locations to meet and dance with your Garda buddies for social media likes
    * Attending Muslim "prayer" services
    * Being part of a black gang running around harrasing innocent white people
    * Holding press conferences in person to assert your authority on the people
    * Large gatherings in traveller halting sites/estates

Thread banned

**sniggers*** Winter Surges are now a conspiracy theory ***sniggers***

Winter surges happen when our collective immune systems are at their weakest, allowing a sharp rise in infections....that is science.

anything some posters don't like = conspiracy theory. winter surges are a conspiracy theory, luckylloyd should let National geographic know that.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/coronavirus-why-cold-winter-weather-makes-it-harder-to-fight-respiratory-infections?cmpid=int_org=ngp::int_mc=website::int_src=ngp::int_cmp=amp::int_add=amp_readtherest

What is mad is he is not on his own....there's a gang of them on here, not an ounce of shame in them!

Boggles wrote: »
    Science doesn't believe you.

pop fauci an email boggles and tell him that he's wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4487953001

decreds wrote: »
    LOL good idea but you will be banned in a matter of seconds. It doesn't agree with the agenda.

* not at all a conspiracy theory

• Advertisement

What is mad is he is not on his own....there's a gang of them on here, not an ounce of shame in them!

i suppose it wasn't spoonfed to them by rte or nphet, the premier experts in everything coronavirus related so they never got the memo

i suppose it wasn't spoonfed to them by rte or nphet, the premier experts in everything coronavirus related so they never got the memo

Yes, ignore the medical experts and reporting around them and listen to some randoms on Boards :pac::pac::pac:

Yes, ignore the medical experts and reporting around them and listen to some randoms on Boards :pac::pac::pac:

Just to clear this up, it's not Zig and Zag you are considering experts is it?

we had people on here saying the seasons didn't effect coronaviruses with full conviction and it took a simple Google search on my end to prove them wrong. unless you think you know better like boggles thinks he knows better than Dr fauci who says covid is now endemic

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭The HorsesMouth

Jesus..I think most people in this thread need to take a breath after the numbers today.

One small blip means absolutely nothing. No more than the 500 odd cases reported two weeks ago meant anything.
    Wait until you see, in 7 or 8 weeks time we will see really really good numbers coming in terms of ICU and hospitalisations. The data from Israel is so good. We will be in a completely differently place in that time space.
    I would take any negative story or spin about the variants, cases, restrictions etc with a pinch of salt from here on in.
    That's not to say we won't be in level 5 restrictions for those 7 or 8 weeks but if you were told that we have to do it until then and then we open up and stay open up from end if April on and never go back would you take it? I certainly would and that's whats gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,631 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

pop fauci an email boggles and tell him that he's wrong.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4487953001

Why would I do that, he is completely spot on.

From your link.
    We need to plan that this is something we may need to maintain control over chronically. It may be something that becomes endemic, that we have to just be careful about

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And so onto Part IX

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement