Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 TI Race Calendar

Options
  • 04-12-2020 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

Races are starting to appear on the TI Calendar

National Tri Series:
    Lough Cutra Standard
    Westport Standard
    HOBC Sprint (also NC)
    Sheephaven Middle
    Harbourman Standard
    HOTW Standard (also NC)
    Rosslare Standard
    Tyrone Middle (also NC)
    Mourne Standard
    Hazelwood Standard
    Port Beach Sprint

I expect a few more will be added over the next few weeks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

So Harbourman in Wicklow is gone... considering it was scheduled for the end of June that doesn't bode well for the early part of the season. It would have required a lot of marshals and helpers so I guess better to call it before too much organisation gets done.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

So Harbourman in Wicklow is gone... considering it was scheduled for the end of June that doesn't bode well for the early part of the season. It would have required a lot of marshals and helpers so I guess better to call it before too much organisation gets done.

Totally understandable. At the same time I’m surprised they called it so soon. I’ve never done the race, how many athletes could it take?

It would be one of the bigger races for numbers, but more to the point there's a lot of marshalled junctions required.

I think all roads will lead to Kerry this year, but fingers crossed the smaller races around Ireland can go ahead.

Looks like Lough Cutra is postponed until September https://www.castletriathlonseries.co.uk/covid-19-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭griffin100

It would be one of the bigger races for numbers, but more to the point there's a lot of marshalled junctions required.

I think all roads will lead to Kerry this year, but fingers crossed the smaller races around Ireland can go ahead.

Given the uncertainty most of the early season races will be cancelled I think. I wouldn’t be holding my breath for the HM series either. We should be in a position to run events in the late summer but who knows? They flew under the radar a bit last year but that might be more difficult this year. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement