Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertiliser prices?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

Does Yara sell in small bags or is it just all the large bags? I see them in the coop but only the big bags so far. How are they price wise compared to the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Mooooo wrote: »
    Prices went up this month. Dairygold give a 6 euro early delivery discount. Had trouble with protected urea +S last year so not getting it till I use it this year. It has a short enough shelf life esp when there is S or K in it as well

As in up since beginning of February?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Anyone needing fert that's hasn't bought would want to get on it, thought they where exaggerating in the comic but they aren't, rang around this morning and prices are up 40 euro plus ton for 18.6.12s on a load I bought in January, had to buy another load this morning as 2 lads I deal with said serious supply issues are occurring and whatever is in- stock now is all they have to sell

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Anyone needing fert that's hasn't bought would want to get on it, thought they where exaggerating in the comic but they aren't, rang around this morning and prices are up 40 euro plus ton for 18.6.12s on a load I bought in January, had to buy another load this morning as 2 lads I deal with said serious supply issues are occurring and whatever is in- stock now is all they have to sell

Well they can hardly blame high crude oil prices or high transport prices. What's the excuse this year? Going organic just got a whole lot more realistic.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Covid is to blame for everything shir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

blue5000 wrote: »
    Well they can hardly blame high crude oil prices or high transport prices. What's the excuse this year? Going organic just got a whole lot more realistic.

Didn't a dept of ag rep on a fert industry zoom meeting say that the price of fert needs to increase to dissuade and reduce use? They want to hit emission and water targets. But it was said.
    I doubt it'd work to farmers who don't know any different but who'd turn down that request from the dept.

Only codding it's probably Brexit, Covid, the Olympics or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Covid is to blame for everything shir

Don’t forget brexit ......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

I heard the other day that India bought a massive amount of the yearly supply of Urea

No idea that's all I heard

blue5000 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 18,236 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

There was a poor harvest in a good few countries last year. I imagine that these is a big push you crease production. COVID has probably not helped either. I bought mid January. Looks like it was a good decision

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Has anyone priced 18:6:12 in last week or so?.....where they would be paying in full for it now and leaving it in Co-Op yard till needed?

Have contacted my usual supplier but he hasn't got back to me yet....I see someone said above though that it's gone up 40 euro a tonne with them since January:(

I was pricing for 5 tonne that I wouldn't be collecting until April.....just be interested on various prices Nationwide....in North Leitrim here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Has anyone priced 18:6:12 in last week or so?.....where they would be paying in full for it now and leaving it in Co-Op yard till needed

I was quoted 355 for 18-6-12 & 365 for Cut swarth for small bags

That's delivered to the yard

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

€270 for 19.0.15 In Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

€260 T for CAN
    €360 for 18.6.12
    €390 for 10.10.20

Bulk bags, delivered, Ballinasloe area, Galway.

Edit>... Thats up €30t on Jan quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    Does Yara sell in small bags or is it just all the large bags? I see them in the coop but only the big bags so far. How are they price wise compared to the others?

They do have small bags, but a retailer once told me that they don't start bagging the small bags until late in the season for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

18-6-12 €380
    9.6-6-25 €370
    Urea €400

Drummonds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭morphy87

Reggie. wrote: »
    18-6-12 €380
    9.6-6-25 €370
    Urea €400

Drummonds

What did you pay last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭mengele

Reggie. wrote: »
    18-6-12 €380
    9.6-6-25 €370
    Urea €400

Drummonds

Are they this years prices? Urea is gone mad so

• Registered Users Posts: 18,236 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Is that protected urea Reg

Slava Ukrainii

morphy87 wrote: »
    What did you pay last year?

Cant remember

mengele wrote: »
    Are they this years prices? Urea is gone mad so

Yeah. Better prices may be got for large loads I only got a half ton of each

• Advertisement

Is that protected urea Reg

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mayoireland

Just wondering about brands of fertilizer. I use to use target about 5 years ago and found it no good.i heard later that there was a bad batch for a year or two where they got it somewhere else and it was no good. But I have heard lately that has being resolved and its sound again . Has anyone else out there heard this .

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭josephsoap

Just wondering about brands of fertilizer. I use to use target about 5 years ago and found it no good.i heard later that there was a bad batch for a year or two where they got it somewhere else and it was no good. But I have heard lately that has being resolved and its sound again . Has anyone else out there heard this .

Heard about a bad batch of target last year, neighbours who had used it said it was no good (in 2020)

Use Goulding’s here and couldn’t fault it, anyone have any experience of Nitrofert?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Protected urea from target last year, was a bollix, eventually rang coop and told em take it away

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭mayoireland

Is it true that the prices are rising soon or is this bull **** just to get farmers to buy sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Robson99

Is it true that the prices are rising soon or is this bull **** just to get farmers to buy sooner

It's gone up already

Fert gone up about €40 a ton in last 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

Protected urea from target last year, was a bollix, eventually rang coop and told em take it away

What problems had you with it? I tried it a couple of years ago (maybe not target) and all I got was yellow grass after the dry May, when the CAN my neighbours were spreading kept their grass going that bit better

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Just on the topic of fertiliser brands, I had an interesting conversation with a man recently about that. He maintained that some brands were cheaper then others, he recommended Goulding what are people's opinions on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Just on the topic of fertiliser brands, I had an interesting conversation with a man recently about that. He maintained that some brands were cheaper then others, he recommended Goulding what are people's opinions on this?

You would have to imagine that some level of quality control has to take place on Fertiliser production so there could not be a big disparity in ingredients across different brands?

Advertisement