Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get in on IPOs early // anyone using Fidelity?

Options
  • 17-02-2021 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey. Been looking into getting in on IPOs earlier - currently using drivewealth and by the time it allows me to buy IPOs it's crazy late. ]

I know that there are some US brokerages like fidelity that offer access to IPOs. Does anyone know if this is the same with Irish Fidelity? any broker recommendations? IB rejected my application, but I left it a couple of weeks without verifying my account with my address, so not sure if I should just reapply.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wants to get in on IPOs quicker , delays and doesn't fill out application form for registration with broker

Win.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭supersonic21

listermint wrote: »
    Wants to get in on IPOs quicker , delays and doesn't fill out application form for registration with broker

Win.

lol I had no valid proof of address so by the time the bank got it to me it was rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The problem with IPOs is that the people issuing them do it relatively manual. So if you’ve 2m shares to give at IPO, it’s easier to deal with big banks than average Joes. So most IPOs are only offered (and oversubscribed) by investment banks.

By the time they open for us (secondary market), the good ones have doubled in price.

There’s one company Freedom24 that will allow you apply (they pool their customers together to be like one big application), but even then it’s way oversubscribed. I got one ABNB share out of an application for 40

Advertisement