Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

O'Connell Automotive Airside

Options
  • 24-06-2018 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just wondering if anyone has bought a car through O'Connell Automotive in Airside, Swords.
    Can't find any reviews online and just interested to hear of anyone's experience.
    I'm looking at a car with the at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sparklesdelaney

my best advice through a fairly woeful experience is don't touch them.

They are very amateurish in their behaviour , never once could I even get a call back , even on the day of collecting the car , eventually told it was ready and had to wait a further 2 hours.

The warranty was more or less null and void , their garage couldn't fix a couple of issues I had so had to go to my own garage , they had it for a week , they didn't seem to care either , rang them and no call back as I was told i'd get and just generally once the deal was done , very hard to get anything sorted

if you do buy off them don't be fooled by the warranty , its with a garage in Lusk that haven't a clue

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Hi folks,
    Sorry to drag up a Zombie thread but didn't see any point in starting a new one.
    I'm looking to see if anyone has any thoughts on O'Connell Auto.
    I take this "review" from a poster with just one post with a large pinch of salt.
    Just wondering if anyone here has had any dealings with them as I'm looking at a van they have for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

I'm actually considering a car on their site at the moment too, so I would be interested in thoughts as well...!

never judge a person by the number of posts they made

im taking them to court in April hopefully , papers submitted and i am not the only one by the looks of things.

also feel free to PM me , i will meet you with all the paperwork , the car the evidence etc if your dont believe me.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

never judge a person by the number of posts they made

im taking them to court in April hopefully , papers submitted and i am not the only one by the looks of things.

Fair point but look on the bright side, you've tripled your post count :-)
    On a more serious note, probably not a good idea to post any details here if you're going down the legal route.
    Bottom line is....I take it you wouldn't recommend buying from them?

hahahahha : )

so look , everyones experience is different. The alarms bells for me was i couldnt even get a return phone call , couldnt resolve my issues while under warranty and a 3 month warranty is miserable.

I just purchased another car from Sarsfield Motors , theyre excellent, 12 month warranty , no issues , they out source the warranty hence why you get 12 months , they actually use Whats App and always available.

Theres plenty of good garages around the Naas Road without the massive over heads and provide a good warranty , N4 Autolink is anohter , same thing bought a BMW , 12 month warranty and a great deal.

everyones experience is different to be fair , so someone else could have a great experience , but the warranty is a huge thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭treascon

OH bought a jeep there a couple of years ago. Still has it. The jeep itself is fine and he said he got it at a good price. I do remember OH saying they were very slow to come back to him at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭b.c

went out to look at a car there at an arranged time pre lockdown but couldnt hear it running or get a test drive because they were too busy, nobody else there, sarsfield motors were very similar telling me too busy or sold even though sold cars up on donedeal week after week

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Claire don

We bought a car here last month, they had to collect it last week as it stopped working, the fella I’m dealing with seems fairly nice although slow to call back & reply to messages , they have the car since last week & when I rang him he wouldn’t say what was wrong with the car even though we had our own mechanic plug it in before we sent it up !! I really hope we are not going to start having hassle with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 nutzer

So any update, I am due to pay them for a car next week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have bought two cars from them, about three years ago.

Both said to be serviced, but weren't, or if they were it was a half assed job.

However, my wife and I were broadly happy with the cars, she a 131 Qashqai and me a 2012 520D.

I extended the warranty with them and, to be fair, they fixed stuff right up to the 12 months end

I had no problems with call backs at all

Advertisement