Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pi network growing

• 14-02-2021 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I see that the Pi network has been gathering a bit of pace recently. 10m downloads on app store and growing.
    I do think this is making crypto mining more accessible by simply using your mobile and not having high mining costs! The more connected the network the more secure it will get. It is more eco friendly mining utilising mobile. By helping build the network and mining your are rewarded with coins before they will go live in an exchange. With it being free at the moment I feel it is something to at least try as it is not costing anything. The network I believe will be launching soon.

If you feel like you are far too late to BTC have a look at the site and white paper for pi and decide for yourself!
    Link minepi.com/cman977

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Chacha97 wrote: »
    I see that the Pi network has been gathering a bit of pace recently. 10m downloads on app store and growing.
    I do think this is making crypto mining more accessible by simply using your mobile and not having high mining costs! The more connected the network the more secure it will get. It is more eco friendly mining utilising mobile. By helping build the network and mining your are rewarded with coins before they will go live in an exchange. With it being free at the moment I feel it is something to at least try as it is not costing anything. The network I believe will be launching soon.

If you feel like you are far too late to BTC have a look at the site and white paper for pi and decide for yourself!
    Link minepi.com/cman977

Joined using your referral link, lots of negativity about Pi online but I can't see any harm in it. Get in on the ground floor as they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Chacha97

Joined using your referral link, lots of negativity about Pi online but I can't see any harm in it. Get in on the ground floor as they say!

Cheers only way to join was invite! Yeah I am thinking the same. It may come to nothing but everything has to start somewhere. Yeah my thinking also with only way to be rewarded is if you get in on the ground floor!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Chacha97 wrote: »
    Cheers only way to join was invite! Yeah I am thinking the same. It may come to nothing but everything has to start somewhere. Yeah my thinking also with only way to be rewarded is if you get in on the ground floor!!
    They've been on the ground floor a long time. All the while generating ad revenue off everyone whos signed up.
    My understanding is they dont have a blockchain so your not mining anything. They have no plans to ever do anything with it. But if you like these types of things sign up to bee crypto also. Its the same ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Chacha97

seannash wrote: »
    They've been on the ground floor a long time. All the while generating ad revenue off everyone whos signed up.
    My understanding is they dont have a blockchain so your not mining anything. They have no plans to ever do anything with it. But if you like these types of things sign up to bee crypto also. Its the same ****e.

It very well might be the case but I don't see any harm in currently. Sandford phds also so that was an other reason from me just just see what it could be. Also was instructor at stanford, But like you said it may turn out to be f*** all!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,703 ✭✭✭✭unkel

It's a social experiment. Nothing to do with cryptocurrency, doesn't have a blockchain. But if you get a warm feeling inside thinking one day it might make you rich, sure sign up to it :p

(as long as you don't mind disappointments)

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    It's a social experiment. Nothing to do with cryptocurrency, doesn't have a blockchain. But if you get a warm feeling inside thinking one day it might make you rich, sure sign up to it :p

(as long as you don't mind disappointments)

Yep, all the credentials listed mean jack ****. They are making money off users from ad revenue. Not a hope of this being an actual utility.
    I was of the same " what harm" belief but an app telling me to keep mining for no reason only to give the creators revenue sounds like a absolute waste of time.
    At least most social media give me content for my time.this gives the user nothing. They are cashing in on the crypto buzz. No one is mining on their phone. Take a look at what mining is and what you need go do it.

Actually this has given me a great idea for an app

Was thinking about this today. If you are willing to log in and click a button everyday you might as well put a bit of money into pancake exchange and add ot to a pool. It'll give you actual useful coins tgat you can add back into your original investment everyday.
    Be warned you need to pay a fee everytine you compound the interest.

Not financial advice but take a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

A bit worrying that spam is allowed to sit on this forum with no action....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Have you reported it? Mods here are pretty hands-off unless there are reports flowing.

I'm sure we used to report threads about this exact same project a couple of years ago, but if it keeps certain types to one thread it might have a useful function. It's fascinating that people are doing KYC for a "cryptocurrency" though. Exchanges are one thing. KYC for a crypto is... Well, it's basically FB's Libra then, it's a spycoin where you're the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭at9qu5vp0wcix7

grindle wrote: »
    Have you reported it? Mods here are pretty hands-off unless there are reports flowing.

I'm sure we used to report threads about this exact same project a couple of years ago, but if it keeps certain types to one thread it might have a useful function. It's fascinating that people are doing KYC for a "cryptocurrency" though. Exchanges are one thing. KYC for a crypto is... Well, it's basically FB's Libra then, it's a spycoin where you're the product.

I've reported it, it seems to be MLM based on the idiots sending me affiliate links.

• Advertisement

A bit worrying that spam is allowed to sit on this forum with no action....

What makes this spam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

hKjDQ9X.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

It's not fascinating, it's hilariously evil. Simultaneously data-harvest in a non-GDPR enforceable country whilst giving the illusion that they're somehow a financially legitimate company. Just goes to show that crypto scams are cyclical as you say yourself. Please report this and get it wiped in case the less experience fall prey to this.

This 'standford PhD' thing is just such nonsense as well btw. They forked off lumen core v12; but at least with the other ****ty scam-like forks in the past like Ripple you owned an underlying asset. This is fully pre-mined, you're neither doing POS or POW, and they fully admit you can't 'withdraw' your magical beans... although they totally promise you can do so in the future.

Honestly, if anyone is stupid enough to get involved with this assetless pyramid scheme (well, asides from the perfect amount of information you give that would allow someone to commit identity fraud) then keep your hardware wallets and any sensitive data well away from the phone this is deployed from. There'll be a malware or security incident before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Beleg Cuthalion

If anyone needs a code you can use Ciaran32

Advertisement