Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions wanted on educate together carrickpherish

Options
  • 10-02-2021 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I’m considering sending the young fella to the educate together school. I can’t find reviews or info online, and I don’t know anyone who sends their kids there. I’d love to get some honest, recent opinions on the place from parents.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

Hello!

My son is in 1st class there, and has been there since Jnr Infants.
    We are delighted with the school there, the teachers are brilliant as is the ethos of the school. My son started there with a speech delay and they provided him with extra resource classes and he has since caught up to his peers. I found them very helpful and open with us.

There's also a very active Parents Association if that's something that you'd be interested in.

Please feel free to ask me any questions, and I can try get you any information if I don't know it already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,022 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

My son is in Educate Together and I honestly couldn't be happier with the school, the are fantastic to work with and very proactive. Also in 1st class like the previous poster, genuinely couldn't be happier with them, my daughter is in a different school and couldn't say the same - the difference is stark!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

My fella is now in fifth class in Educate Together and it's a lovely school. My three older girls went to local catholic schools and like another poster said, the difference is something else.

I just prefer their overall ethos and my son actually enjoys going to school, unlike my older girls experience. I just find the atmosphere more..inclusive..if that's the right word. Less 'cliques' in the classroom and the like. He struggles with his maths somewhat and the help they've given has been tremendous.

I couldn't recommend it enough. Beautiful new building too! Shame there's no ET secondary school, but sure hopefully that'll come in time.

Advertisement