Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one headset for all platforms?

Options
  • 13-02-2021 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

just wondering is there one headset that will work for all current platforms? so pc series x and ps5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Hi folks

just wondering is there one headset that will work for all current platforms? so pc series x and ps5

https://www.jovi.ie/product/veho-alpha-bravo-gx1-gaming-headset/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

hyperx cloud 2 ,i use for pc and young lad got some for his xb series x not sure about ps5.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Dcully wrote: »
    hyperx cloud 2 ,i use for pc and young lad got some for his xb series x not sure about ps5.

Hey did you buy them online or in a store? Oh and if so where did you pick them up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Dcully wrote: »

I use mine plugged into the PS4 controller when I use the console

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hey did you buy them online or in a store? Oh and if so where did you pick them up

I got mine in Currys/PCWorld in Jervis a few years back.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/gaming/gaming-accessories/gaming-headsets/hyperx-cloud-ii-pro-7-1-gaming-headset-black-red-10161306-pdt.html

Sadly no delivery right now, and not sure on if click&collect is a thing (doubt its open these days).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Argos but was before the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    I got mine in Currys/PCWorld in Jervis a few years back.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/gaming/gaming-accessories/gaming-headsets/hyperx-cloud-ii-pro-7-1-gaming-headset-black-red-10161306-pdt.html

Sadly no delivery right now, and not sure on if click&collect is a thing (doubt its open these days).

that's a really good price for them as they normally go for €100+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

If you want wireless there are only really 3 options the Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox, Steelseries Arctis 7x and the Astro A20 Gen 2.

The Steelseries headsets are €120 and €180 respectively, but can be gotten directly from Steelseries with a 12% discount code fairly easily. Both are essentially the same headset with the 7x having a better mic and better headband, both use the same USB-C dongle which has a toggle switch between Xbox and PS/PC/Switch/Android mode.

The Astro A20 Gen2 is €120, but requires purchase of a dongle for the opposite format that costs an extra €20. The headset also needs to be resynced between the dongles when swapping format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭recyclops

I have the steelseries 1 wireless for xbox and use them for my phone, switch, tablet and series X. Will be used for ps5 once I pick that up.

Can't fault them one bit tbh especially for the price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Just a note for anyone buying from Steelseries at the moment, they seem to be suffering from major delays, my headset was due on 3/4 of feb. Latest update I have is it has left germany on 03/02 but no update since and steelseries are overrun with support tickets aswell so its been a week with no response from them so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yup, I recently got the 7x for its cross platform-ability. Really like them so far. The Steelseries reddit channel does not make for optimistic reading though but I'm thinking/hoping it's just the minority with issues who shout the loudest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,538 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

theteal wrote: »
    Yup, I recently got the 7x for its cross platform-ability. Really like them so far. The Steelseries reddit channel does not make for optimistic reading though but I'm thinking/hoping it's just the minority with issues who shout the loudest.

I've had no issues with mic clipping and I'm not the quietest of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You can't seem to get any mid-high range multi platform headsets from anywhere these days.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Finally got my Arctis 7x, had some use of them over the weekend and I have to say im impressed with them. They are really comfy to wear and the sound is really good so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I just picked up a set of Razer Blackshark Pro V2's. Wireless for PC and PS5 (dongle included), wired for Xbox (3.5" TRSS). They're extremely light and comfortable for extended wear, playback is good, MIC is very good and battery clocks in at 24 hrs or so. The included THX spatial (PC) is not great imho and there are better options you can use with them instead like Dolby Atmos Headphone/DTS Unbound/WavesNX etc. Also there seems to be a bug with input volume, they will clip in around 500-2khz if the source volume is high. Dropping Windows vol to 85% (should be able to do similar with a console) and compensating with the onboard amp works fine. So not perfect but with that workaround I think the pros outweight the cons imho.

Advertisement