Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website removes all ads, just recipe + ingredients

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Treppen wrote: »
    Paste your URL from any recipe site and enjoy the calm

https://www.justtherecipe.app/

I haven't tried it yet, but would make for a great browser extension.

Hmm. Maybe I might make one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Omg that's genius! I particularly hate the recipes where you have to scroll miles down through photos and text to find the actual ingredients and method in. This strips everything else away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Omg that's genius! I particularly hate the recipes where you have to scroll miles down through photos and text to find the actual ingredients and method in. This strips everything else away :)

And a little video pop up with no relevance to the recipe that won't go away

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I would be wary of it missing out on something. This is the first one I tried

https://www.greedygourmet.com/recipes-by-course/main-course/salt-and-chili-chicken/

The original is
    Ingredients
    Salt and Chilli Seasoning
    15ml (1 tbsp) salt
    7.5ml (½ tbsp) caster sugar
    2.5ml (½ tsp) Chinese 5 spice
    10ml (2 tsp) crushed chilli flakes
    2.5ml (½ tsp) garlic powder
    1.25ml (¼ tsp) ground ginger
    1.25ml (¼ tsp) ground white pepper

Salt and Chilli Chicken

500g (1lb) chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
    2 egg whites, whisked
    60ml (4 tbsp) corn flour
    Oil, for frying
    15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
    1 large onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
    2 green peppers, washed and cut into bite-sized chunks
    2 red chillies, washed and thinly sliced
    30ml (2 tbsp) rice wine
    5ml (1 tsp) salt and chilli seasoning

The converted one ignores the fact you are making 2 different things, the bits in bold are simply not mentioned and you are only adding a small bit of the seasoning mixture in the actual recipe. This would be unusual though.

But I imagine some recipes might put down

1 pint of water
    OR
    1 pint of chicken stock

and it might ignore the OR and the instructions might say "add your liquid to the pot"

Advertisement