Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

.223 Tikka t3 lite

• 11-02-2021 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Does anyone know do all tikka t3's in .223 have the same barrel twist ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭GooseB

The T3x comes in 1:12 and 1:8 according to their website. I found references to the same twist rates for the T3 - but that's all, references from forums, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Mississippi.

Mine is 1 in 8.
    I know for sure that there is another twist rate option, probably is 1 in 12 as GooseB says

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭alanmc

Definitely come in both 12" and 8" twist variants. It was stamped on the barrel of my old T3 Tac.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

My tikka t3x lite is 1:12. It shoots 55gr very well and I haven't tried anything heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭corelokttikka

My tikka t3x lite is 1:12. It shoots 55gr very well and I haven't tried anything heavier.

would 55g be close to the limit for 1:12 ?

• Advertisement

would 55g be close to the limit for 1:12 ?

Yeah I think everything over 60gr is too heavy to stabilise for the 1:12

What distances are you planning on shooting to?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭corelokttikka

Yeah I think everything over 60gr is too heavy to stabilise for the 1:12

What distances are you planning on shooting to?

young lad will be foxing, just point shoot, no dialing in etc, probably going with 8*56i scope too.

young lad will be foxing, just point shoot, no dialing in etc, probably going with 8*56i scope too.

Either twist rate will be grand and will shoot the most common bullet weights such as 55gr and 50gr. I'm very pleased with my one, fine rifle and affordable.

Advertisement