Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Which platform can these stocks be traded?

Options
  • 11-02-2021 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi all

Sorry if this is been asked before. I’m looking to see which trading platform app can be used from Ireland to trade these

Alternative Harvest ETF (NYSEARCA:MJ)
    AdvisorShares Pure US Cannabis ETF (NYSEARCA:MSOS)
    AdvisorShares Pure Cannabis ETF (NYSEARCA:YOLO)
    Amplify Seymour Cannabis ETF (NYSEARCA:CNBS)
    Cannabis ETF (NYSEARCA:THCX)
    Global X Cannabis ETF (NASDAQ:POTX)
    Cambria Cannabis ETF (CBOE:TOKE)

Or any trading platforms which give access to TSX (Canada)?

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

Goodbody, Davy etc will certainly be able to facilitate trades.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Martian Martin

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

Goodbody, Davy etc will certainly be able to facilitate trades.

Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Davy are saying they won't allow trading in marijuana stocks.

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Davy are saying they won't allow trading in marijuana stocks.

Sounds about Irish alright :rolleyes:

Even the Church of England are investing in MJ stocks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

You might be happy for the delay as the shares have tanked.

HMMJ is usually the most popular one.

• Advertisement

Sounds about Irish alright :rolleyes:

Even the Church of England are investing in MJ stocks

They did the trade inadvertently over the phone for me in the week but have stopped me trading them online. When I queried it, they said they would phone me back yesterday but they might force me to sell them. I didn’t hear back so I’m gonna hold them as they were a long term investment for me. I’ll lose my **** if they ever try to stop me trading them in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Hi,

What's the story with Davy, is this a temporary position that they've taken, and if so, for what reason? I don't like the sound of it, in principle, tbh. They either provide a service to access quoted investments on various markets, or they don't.

If you are already holding investments in the sector, I wonder can you transfer the holding elsewhere, rather than be forced to sell?

Might be time to put a call into Goodbody and Cantor Fitz, see what they'll do for you, if you were to move your account

Thanks,

G.

FYI - Goodbody also not a runner - see below from Goodbody

"Execution Only clients are not permitted by European law to invest in ETFs other than European ETFs where there is a Key Investor Information Document (KIID) available. Looking at your list below, they all appear to be US, and therefore won’t have a KIID, so you will not be permitted buy these ETFs through an Online/Telephone based Execution Only account. The same rule applies to a Canadian ETF.
    Regards"

garrettod wrote: »
    Hi,

What's the story with Davy, is this a temporary position that they've taken, and if so, for what reason? I don't like the sound of it, in principle, tbh. They either provide a service to access quoted investments on various markets, or they don't.

If you are already holding investments in the sector, I wonder can you transfer the holding elsewhere, rather than be forced to sell?

Might be time to put a call into Goodbody and Cantor Fitz, see what they'll do for you, if you were to move your account

No idea what the story is with Davy. They didn't respond to an email and the person I spoke to on the phone seemed to be quite junior and they never called me back afterwards. I don't really understand their position to be honest - okay the drug is illegal here but the stock isn't and these companies are (presumably) abiding by the law in their countries.

Someone else raised the question - how will they treat a stock like Jazz Pharma who are a pharma company who have now acquired GW Pharma who are in the "marijuana as a medical treatment" game? In fact, Jazz are officially an Irish company. I don't intend to be forced to sell the trade I made earlier this week particularly at a loss which is what it would be at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

DeanAustin wrote: »
    No idea what the story is with Davy. They didn't respond to an email and the person I spoke to on the phone seemed to be quite junior and they never called me back afterwards. I don't really understand their position to be honest - okay the drug is illegal here but the stock isn't and these companies are (presumably) abiding by the law in their countries.

Someone else raised the question - how will they treat a stock like Jazz Pharma who are a pharma company who have now acquired GW Pharma who are in the "marijuana as a medical treatment" game? In fact, Jazz are officially an Irish company. I don't intend to be forced to sell the trade I made earlier this week particularly at a loss which is what it would be at the moment.

It's not illegal under prescription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

If you can get an account with First Trade in the states they do all the ETFs

neris wrote: »
    If you can get an account with First Trade in the states they do all the ETFs

First Trade can’t access the TSX according to them

Advertisement