Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Mandalorian

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Pretty sure the empire bought their munitions from the same dodgy trader that was used by the A-Team.

Had to be dodgy, I mean selling a LMG laser cannon that jams ffs.
    That actress just annoys the crap out of me. Zero acting ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,986 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Blazer wrote: »
    Had to be dodgy, I mean selling a LMG laser cannon that jams ffs.
    That actress just annoys the crap out of me. Zero acting ability.

To be fair, the lead character isn't going to win any Oscars or Emmys either.

NIMAN wrote: »

Ah Pedro is miles ahead of her. lts the character rather than the actor.

Zero facial expressions. Too deadpan.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Nobody is, but Carano is particularly poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Do people genuinely dislike the acting by Carano and character, or is it because she dared have a different political opinion ?

Do people genuinely dislike the acting by Carano and character, or is it because she dared have a different political opinion ?

If I'm watching a programme and I'm thinking about an actor's political beliefs something more fundamental is wrong.

She's supposed to be a main character bad ass. When I see her holding a blaster it may as well be an egg whisk in her hand. I don't believe it.

I haven’t the foggiest notion what you’re on so I’m guessing it’s to do with her acting ability :)
    To me it always seems that she’s aware of the camera and keeps looking at it or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Blazer wrote: »
    I haven’t the foggiest notion what you’re on so I’m guessing it’s to do with her acting ability :)
    To me it always seems that she’s aware of the camera and keeps looking at it or something.

Yeah I only just found this political stuff out as result of this thread now, thought she was dire before that, gurning at the camera constantly. Contrast that with Mando who, without even showing his face, is able to convey authentic emotion throughout.

I wish they had kept werner herzog around longer, was he originally meant to be a longer term villain? Was a little strange that he got killed off suddenly and replaced with the other guy from breaking bad. Not a problem though, since that guy is brilliant as well, best villain in star wars in a long long time.

If I'm watching a programme and I'm thinking about an actor's political beliefs something more fundamental is wrong.

She's supposed to be a main character bad ass. When I see her holding a blaster it may as well be an egg whisk in her hand. I don't believe it.

Personally I think she's great, bad ass, a strong female character, built like a rugby player, would batter most "tough" guys I know ....

Anyway, I wanna post more about the series, I will later ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I enjoy Carano in it tbh, she holds a nice screen presence. Felt the same when she was in Deadpool.

I couldn't give a tinkers cuss about her "political opinions". But she's deadpan in every sentence she says and sucks the life out of everything when she tries to deliver a line.

Carano was cast so she could beat up a few men each week and cover the Strong Female Character™ check box. But her acting ability is limited, to say the least.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Contrast that with Mando who, without even showing his face, is able to convey authentic emotion throughout.

I'd credit most of the acting we perceive by Mando as due to whoever wrote the soundtrack.

I enjoy Carano in it tbh, she holds a nice screen presence. Felt the same when she was in Deadpool.

Everyone did , then they found out she dared to think differently so the woke mob demanded she'd be fired or at least wanted her character killed off ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Everyone did , then they found out she dared to think differently so the woke mob demanded she'd be fired or at least wanted her character killed off ...

Oh I thought you wanted to discuss the show but it turns out you were just trying to get us round to discussing political agenda item number 1. Good luck with, I'm out. If ye get away from that and accidentally start discussing star wars again let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I would not support someone being fired for their personal beliefs but from what I have seen, Gina needs to stop posting on social media about certain issues.

If it was me negatively posting on social media about trans or non binary people I'd be pretty certain I'd be fired if my job caught wind. Unfortunately celebrities like Gina need to realize that applies double for them.

But as I said as things stand I enjoy watching her in the show and strongly support her continuing. It's a slippery slope if we do start to sack people for such things unless we'd be happy with various recasts over a series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The making of documentary "Disney gallery" has been greatly truncated. Last year it was a round table discussion with Jon Favreau and guests exploring different aspects spread out over 8 varying length episodes. This time, no round table and only one 66 minute special discussing the entire series spending about 8 minutes on each episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 aismac

I'd take 5 Caranos over 1 KatEE Sackoff any day.

aismac wrote: »
    I'd take 5 Caranos over 1 KatEE Sackoff any day.

oh christ no...Katee is a far better actress than that...she's just been stuck on these outlandish characters since the Flash since she finished BSG.

I wouldn't be her biggest fan, but Sackhoff's miles above Carano in terms of acting ability. Her pissface at the Mando we wielding the darksaber alone was worth much more than anything Carano could manage.

There's nothing to Carano, except her size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I have a lot of gra for Sackhoff, she was excellent in BSG and thought she was good in Longmire. Doing her a real disservice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Doom123

Just made a mandalorian video would appreciate any constructive give feedback. The channel.is called The Scallywag.Appoligies cannot link as I'm a new user.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Doom123 wrote: »
    Just made a mandalorian video would appreciate any constructive give feedback. The channel.is called The Scallywag.Appoligies cannot link as I'm a new user.

I like it !

For other users here it is ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

The show just keeps getting better with every episode. I did not see that guest appearance coming in the season two finale. I don’t Google shows because of spoilers but can’t believe I didn’t have it ruined somehow.

I wish Favereau and Filoni had been running the Sequel Trilogy.

My only criticism of the series is that Mando showed his face to Mayfield and the Imperial Officer in the The Believer which kind lessened the impact of him showing his face to Grogu.

Still a great moment and a fantastic episode. Looking forward to seeing how Bo-Katan gets her hands on the Darksabre.

Also, I thought “Rangers of the New Republic” was a spin off from The Mandolorian and expected to see them in one of the episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Carano finally went to far on social media and has gotten sacked after sharing something comparing being a conservative to being a Jew in the Holocaust.

ASOT wrote: »
    Carano finally went to far on social media and has gotten sacked after sharing something comparing being a conservative to being a Jew in the Holocaust.

Jesus Christ how stupid are these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Totally enjoyed the finale, yup some of the fighting was a bit of a walkthrough but didnt know about the cameo at the end and was delighted, just finished watching it and watching the character move through the scenes, I never copped who it was until the reveal and let a roar out of me. Looking forward to next series

Bo-Kataan got the Darksaber from Sabine Wren in Rebels but didn’t Sabine just give it to her?

The idea it has to be earned by defeating the holder in combat came as a surprise. Am I remembering Rebels wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,957 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Bo-Kataan got the Darksaber from Sabine Wren in Rebels but didn’t Sabine just give it to her?

The idea it has to be earned by defeating the holder in combat came as a surprise. Am I remembering Rebels wrong?

I think the difference is that Sabine just found it lying about, whereas Din defeated Gideon to earn it.

• Advertisement

Is there something different about Mando’s armour to that of other Mandolorian’s and his own previous set?

His first armour was ruined after the fight with the Mudhorn but now he can deflect lightsabres and took quite a beating from the darktrooper with no apparent damage to the besker or himself. Bo-Kataan and Mando’s haven’t been in the same situations in this show so I have been trying to think back to Clone Wars and Rebels but I can’t remember anything that showed us that beskar could or could not stand up to a lightsabre.

EDIT - actually Fett’s armour seems to be just as strong. It survived the sarlacc and kept Fett alive long enough to get out. Apparently all it needed was a clean and some paint.

Advertisement