Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pressure washer recommendations

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,905 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

You would be better off with another Nilfisk, Husqvarna have a range of pressure washers which are rebadged Nilfisk.
    I don't like the look of that ROK washer myself, the pump looks a bit suspect to me.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    You would be better off with another Nilfisk, Husqvarna have a range of pressure washers which are rebadged Nilfisk.
    I don't like the look of that ROK washer myself, the pump looks a bit suspect to me.

I was thinking the same after having a look around. We have all the attachments for snow foam etc so it'll be another Nilfisk I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

+ 1 for sticking with Nilfisk. I have an 11 year old one that's still going. The only thing I replaced on it was the hose. I bought a replacement Nilfisk power washer that was on special offer from amazon at the time as a replacement but I still haven't used it because the old one refuses to die.

bazz26 wrote: »
    + 1 for sticking with Nilfisk. I have an 11 year old one that's still going. The only thing I replaced on it was the hose. I bought a replacement Nilfisk power washer that was on special offer from amazon at the time as a replacement but I still haven't used it because the old one refuses to die.

They really are a great brand. Nearest and best place to get them locally is Argos but they're not an essential item, so we will have to wait.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

InitialG wrote: »
    They really are a great brand. Nearest and best place to get them locally is Argos but they're not an essential item, so we will have to wait.

Reflect stock them and are open.
    There’s a 10% discount if you order online for delivery too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,475 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Going to jump in here!! have a small Nilfisk one, it's 14 years old and is a bit weak for us.

Other than the cars and camper I use it for a large driveway close to a forested area that attracts lots of moss, algae and embedded green stuff.

There seem to be a lot of love for Niflisk amongst the experts, are they better than the ubiquitous Karcher models?

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Going to jump in here!! have a small Nilfisk one, it's 14 years old and is a bit weak for us.

Other than the cars and camper I use it for a large driveway close to a forested area that attracts lots of moss, algae and embedded green stuff.

There seem to be a lot of love for Niflisk amongst the experts, are they better than the ubiquitous Karcher models?

I can’t really comment as I have a Lidl power zone I bought in 2006 and it’s still going strong.

But from seeing people posting here and the FB groups, it’s either nilfisk or kranzle at the higher end.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

John_Rambo wrote: »

Have a look at the Nilfisk E145, it gets great reviews.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Reflect stock them and are open.
    There’s a 10% discount if you order online for delivery too.

Thank you for the heads up!

Thank you for the heads up!

Code is IDE10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

+2 for Nilfisk! Had an issue with a C120 model I bought originally and contacted customer service who then sent me a full C130 unit in its place free of charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

My nilfisk had a broken water inlet connection. Didn't know this but having a no return on the hose breaks it.
    Having fitted the new part the no return connection is back in the shed.

Other than that, they are great washers.

My nilfisk had a broken water inlet connection. Didn't know this but having a no return on the hose breaks it.
    Having fitted the new part the no return connection is back in the shed.

Other than that, they are great washers.

If you have a standard non return hose connection onto the tap breaks it? Didnt know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

If you have a standard non return hose connection onto the tap breaks it? Didnt know this.

I didn't either. When I got the new part, a note was attached to the box stating that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

morchgally wrote: »
    +2 for Nilfisk! Had an issue with a C120 model I bought originally and contacted customer service who then sent me a full C130 unit in its place free of charge.

I have a 120.7 model that I bought in April 2019 - have you an email address for them? Mine just wouldnt work if I used an extension lead which made it awkward and then eventually died.

I'm probably out of warranty but might be worth asking them

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

Mc Love wrote: »
    I have a 120.7 model that I bought in April 2019 - have you an email address for them? Mine just wouldnt work if I used an extension lead which made it awkward and then eventually died.

I'm probably out of warranty but might be worth asking them

mail.uk@nilfisk.com

Yeah thats who I got off Amazon - they're sending out a replacement unit. Happy Days

Plugged in my banjaxed nilfisk and it powered on :D Will still be better to get the replacement though.

was watching this and it looks like a decent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oggBq5xYMU

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Top Dog

May as well jump in here rather than starting a new thread on the same topic.

I'm looking to buy a new pressure washer to replace my tired old Karcher now that I have a car I'd rather wash myself than take to an automated wash. Might be used once a month to wash the car, occasionally used for cleaning path and driveway, once in a blue moon to clean a camper. I live in an estate so I assume a petrol washer is out. Budget max €500.

I've been trying to do a little research but being new to this I'm at a loss. Options I've seen are K4 Karcher from the likes of Argos @ €330, K5 @ €480, Nilfisk C135 @ €300 from D&D, Nilfisk E145 @ €430 also D&D.

I have no brand loyalty as yet, and no accessories that I would need to keep using so I'm starting with a blank canvas as such and just looking for something decent, reliable and that will last a few years.

Point me in the right direction please folks?

• Advertisement

Is it not a bit impractical with no wheels to move about? And would i then need to accessorise it since it only comes with the one Lance/nozzle where others include various attachments and foam sprayers?

Top Dog wrote: »
    Is it not a bit impractical with no wheels to move about? And would i then need to accessorise it since it only comes with the one Lance/nozzle where others include various attachments and foam sprayers?

There is a wheeled version but at additional cost, The TST have hose reels and again come at an additional cost.
    But you specified a budget of 500 and for that I would find it hard to recommend anything other than a Kranzle or a high end Annovi Reverberi.

What attachments do you intend to use other than the lance? Snow foam guns are not super expensive.
    The Basic washer itself is far better quality than most others on the market.
    Brass head and quality lance and hose.

What attachments do you intend to use other than the lance? Snow foam guns are not super expensive.
    The Basic washer itself is far better quality than most others on the market.
    Brass head and quality lance and hose.
    Regular nozzle for wash and rinse
    Snow foam gun
    Tornado (or whatever they're called) for paths and driveway
    Lance extension for camper

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭jmreire

Do the rebadged ones take all the Husqvarna fittings?

Top Dog wrote: »
    Regular nozzle for wash and rinse
    Snow foam gun
    Tornado (or whatever they're called) for paths and driveway
    Lance extension for camper

The K1050TS comes with the standard lance, and the Turbo nozzle (Dirtkiller) and wheels.
    You would need an extension for the camper and a Snowfoam gun.
    Neither are particularly expensive unless you are going for the adjustable angled head I think lance extensions are around the €40-50 mark for the angled type.

jmreire wrote: »
    Do the rebadged ones take all the Husqvarna fittings?

Yes the fittings look to be identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Hebegeebee

I bought my Kränzle HD7 off this company in Germany, some savings to be had over buying here https://www.mersch-reinigungstechnik.de/shop/wg/hochdruckreinigen/t/marke-kraenzle/w/hochdruckreiniger/

I got it sent via Mailboxde.com as they wouldn’t send the machine directly to Ireland. They will send accessories no problem. All arrived fine via UPS if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pegman

Screwfix have a KARCHER K7 FULL CONTROL PLUS 180BAR ELECTRIC PRESSURE WASHER 2.8KW 240V for €490.95INC VAT and delivery. Took longer than expected to get here because it shipped from UK but i paid no customs on it, and so far its amazing. Tested it on a work vehicle on construction sites, removed stuff that sets like concrete but not as hard with ease without damaging the paint. Havent tried the plug and spray bottles or a snow foam cannon as i dont have either atm but it seems very good especially with the hose real and guide integrated into it!

The K1050TS comes with the standard lance, and the Turbo nozzle (Dirtkiller) and wheels.
    You would need an extension for the camper and a Snowfoam gun.
    Neither are particularly expensive unless you are going for the adjustable angled head I think lance extensions are around the €40-50 mark for the angled type.

The K1050 p comes in at €350 here https://www.mersch-reinigungstechnik.de/product/kraenzle-k-1050-p/

Where did you get the foam spray?

• Advertisement

Hebegeebee wrote: »
    I bought my Kränzle HD7 off this company in Germany, some savings to be had over buying here https://www.mersch-reinigungstechnik.de/shop/wg/hochdruckreinigen/t/marke-kraenzle/w/hochdruckreiniger/

I got it sent via Mailboxde.com as they wouldn’t send the machine directly to Ireland. They will send accessories no problem. All arrived fine via UPS if I remember correctly.

Did it come with EU or UK power cable?

Advertisement