Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sparko wrote: »
    I agree. I still like some of the families and get a few laughs out of it but it just feels very scripted these days, they're very aware of the cameras and it seems like some are playing up to it in the hopes of getting some follow up work like Scarlett Moffat. Pete and Sophie always seem to be doing something "zany".

Not sure if it's 'zany' but it's damn annoying.
    Strange brother/ sister relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

this is the gogglebox ireland thread not uk vs ireland
    some like one and not the other some like them all, in my opinion they all have funny moments and that is why we watch them

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,277 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

CiaranW wrote: »
    English version is brilliant.
    Lee and Jenny from Hull always have something scripted every week. They are quite annoying but the other families are all really good.

Have to say that I really enjoy them, great chemistry between them.
    Sparko wrote: »
    I agree. I still like some of the families and get a few laughs out of it but it just feels very scripted these days, they're very aware of the cameras and it seems like some are playing up to it in the hopes of getting some follow up work like Scarlett Moffat. Pete and Sophie always seem to be doing something "zany".

He gets up my nose in particular, tries way too hard.

Can't stand Stephen in Brighton either - regardless of who's on the couch with him (old partner, his mammy, new partner), it's all about him. Might as well have a cardboard cut out on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

OmegaGene wrote: »
    this is the gogglebox ireland thread not uk vs ireland
    some like one and not the other some like them all, in my opinion they all have funny moments and that is why we watch them
    exactly fan of both myself

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭LushiousLips

Danick wrote: »
    Watched all the Irish and UK episodes - tried the first episode of the Oz version - found it hard going - us it worth persevering?

Where can you watch the Oz version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Acosta

4Ad wrote: »
    Not sure if it's 'zany' but it's damn annoying.
    Strange brother/ sister relationship.

They can be funny at times in fairness, but can also be quite annoying. It's fairly obvious that some of the things they'd be getting up to while not sitting in front of the TV is done to maximize their air time potential.

Both are still good and worth watching, but the Irish version is much more genuine IMO. It looks like they actually watch the programmes and not just clips and are just being their natural selfs more and not playing up for the camera as much. The UK version also lost some of their best people and the ones that replaced them are not as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

There is a U.K. gogglebox thread somewhere I’m sure

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭furiousox

If you've a problem with a post, report it.
    You're not a moderator for this thread.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Have to say that I really enjoy them, great chemistry between them.

He gets up my nose in particular, tries way too hard.

Can't stand Stephen in Brighton either - regardless of who's on the couch with him (old partner, his mammy, new partner), it's all about him. Might as well have a cardboard cut out on the couch.

Agree on both counts, the twins do my head in as does Stephen, he really is nauseating to listen to.
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    There is a U.K. gogglebox thread somewhere I’m sure

Yes, this is the Irish GB thread, I don't see any harm in discussing the UK one here though, there's not a huge lot to discuss on the Irish one alone. If you don't like it, skip over those posts, it's very simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,131 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

In other news there's another look back episode on Wednesday night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,750 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Repeat, Best Bits?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Repeat, Best Bits?

Yes, same as last week.

I really enjoy the look back episodes.

I can't stand the 'best bits' episodes tbh, if I've seen it once that's enough. When is it back proper?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

I can't stand the 'best bits' episodes tbh, if I've seen it once that's enough. When is it back proper?

Judging by previous years - around 10 new episodes from September to November, then 2 specials in January/Feb along with Best Bits.

Still surprised that they don't show more. The UK version had 30 weeks of it last year (with 7 more in Celeb version)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Sparko

iseegirls wrote: »
    Judging by previous years - around 10 new episodes from September to November, then 2 specials in January/Feb along with Best Bits.

Still surprised that they don't show more. The UK version had 30 weeks of it last year (with 7 more in Celeb version)

I honestly can't understand why they aren't churning out a similar amount to the UK. It can't be the most expensive show to create so from an economic point of view I thought they'd be all over it. Plus the ratings are sky high from all accounts.

If I remember correctly they bumped a season or reduced episode counts to allow for the creation of Ireland's Got Talent - cracking decision that, not!

iseegirls wrote: »

Oh, I thought it was coming back sometime soon, the UK one returns next week - pity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

Oh, I thought it was coming back sometime soon, the UK one returns next week - pity

UK one is back on tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

gidget wrote: »
    UK one is back on tomorrow.

Nice

Ah cool, it is the one show I watch with my daughter, in fact I only started watching it for that reason so back to Friday night popcorn and beers [for me :D ] in front of teh tele. We often used to record the Irish one to have both for the Friday so still a pity the Irish one isn't back too but hey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Gogglebox Ireland returns next Wednesday September 1st per ad on during coronation street tonight

• Advertisement

New couple on Gogglebox Danny and Oxana.

Georgina Grufferty will also be joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Andy Micheal from UK Gogglebox had died ..RIP .

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Wow, only 61. After a "short illness", I wonder if that is covid. Mary Cook died a few days ago also at the grand old age of 92.

Quite a few UK Gogglebox stars have died now. June and Leon died a few years back, and I also found out today that George Gilbey's father died last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Ahh no..RIP Andy and Mary. I've been watching this a lot on Netflix over the last few weeks..

Tadgh and his granny back, he looks slimmer and taller

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Fergal and Neal from Cavan are on social media saying they decided to take a break from this series and won't appear.

That is a shame, the twins will be missed

Dancing with the Stars for one or both maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Thank god they're boring as hell, hopefully someone decent replaces them.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 16,066 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

As less rude hopefully ! I always found him very aserbic and rude to his granny .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,277 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Advertisement