Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Semi Irish Alphabet Sheep (Sheep at its most luxurious!) - THE REVEAL!!!!

15678911»

Comments

Had to sleep last night, so missed the end of this.

Epic game and reveal Rikand, congrats EN, great win.
    Well done all

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

da631105b890e370574bcb8b86de91cc.jpg

Possibly my favourite answer of all in the game :D

Brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

There was some talk of "strategies" used for this. How did people go about putting together their answers?

Given I finished in the bottom, my "strategy" of random allocation of first thing to come to mind is not recommended! I didn't answer in any order or sequence - I think I tried to answer the Irish questions first though.
    As for the Chewie rule - it took me a while for the implication of that to dawn on me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,528 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ffs, I'm getting the hair dye ads today as well, and I only gave it as an answer by PM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ffs, I'm getting the hair dye ads today as well, and I only gave it as an answer by PM!

Big Brother is everywhere... You only need to think it and they know...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

cee_jay wrote: »
    There was some talk of "strategies" used for this. How did people go about putting together their answers?

As for the Chewie rule - it took me a while for the implication of that to dawn on me :o

Not sure if this helps but it is what I tried:

Brainstormed a few likely popular answers for each category and jot them down.
    From that I picked things I thought were too obvious not to have (Katy Taylor, river Shannon, Dublin city), locked in categories that had good use of less common letter (Ulster), or where there were minimal common choices I could think of (Iguana for lizard).

After that it was just about trying to use all the letters in ways that were moderately common IMO, so I ticked off Venus and a few others, until the choices started to rule themselves out.

After that I started playing swapsie with the ones I wasn't happy with, Obadiah remains ;)

Chewbaccas only occurred to me when Rikand mentioned it in the reveal thread. I fear next time I will over think them entirely :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

This was a brilliant reveal. I had to go to bed before it finished so it was nice to catch up this morning. Congrats to Electric Nitwit and thanks for running it, Rikand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

cee_jay wrote: »

I looked up the value of Scrabble letter tiles, and started by finding answers for the highest-scoring letters first, my theory being they would be the hardest to think of

Then I moved on to vowels, since they'd usually be in the middle of a word, I thought finding good answers starting with those letters might be the best next step

I tried to answer the questions that had fewer potential answers (like the provinces, teeth and planets) as early as possible, because they'd be harder to correct later on

After that, most of the answers just slotted in to place with the easier letters, and all that was needed were a few re-jigs :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Definitely one question where the three answers that jumped out at me all started with the same letter. I went for one of them. Still...

tenor.gif?itemid=13340692
    :D

Just noticed this! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Wonder if *he'd be up for picking my lotto numbers if *his predictions are usually this good ;)

*replace pronouns if necessary :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

ari101 wrote: »
    Wonder if *he'd be up for picking my lotto numbers if *his predictions are usually this good ;)

*replace pronouns if necessary :D
    Ha ha, I'd love to call it a prediction but it was my usual pre-reveal bluster. There'd be countless examples of me saying the same and finishing nowhere :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My first wooden spoon :))
    So close on so many questions, but hey that’s the way it goes !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ari101 wrote: »

Chewbaccas only occurred to me when Rikand mentioned it in the reveal thread. I fear next time I will over think them entirely :D

goodgood-let-the-confusion-flow-through-you.jpg

Advertisement