Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing tax from hackney to private

Options
  • 03-02-2021 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi,
    My father wants to change taxing his hackney back to private as due to Covid he cannot work. Does anybody know how he goes about doing this? I have looked everywhere on motortax.ie but cannot find an answer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,994 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hi,
    My father wants to change taxing his hackney back to private as due to Covid he cannot work. Does anybody know how he goes about doing this? I have looked everywhere on motortax.ie but cannot find an answer.

He can do it at his local motor tax office with form RF100A and his copy of RF101, his ownership certificate. Bring a valid driving licence, insurance and NCT just in case.

There may be information of use for him on this page as regards advice and support during the current pandemic.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi/latest-news-for-spsv-operators/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭Alkers

Is there any fee for doing this? I assume no tax carries over?

Advertisement