Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭enricoh

Kathryn Thomas is quite intimidating as a host in terms of people who have issues with their weight and diet

Big enough a#$e on her too!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,321 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

17togo wrote: »
    Kathryn Thomas is a pain in the hole is what she is. The female version of Ray D'Arcy. An old RTÉ reliable they wheel out for every show they can find for her. And she's not even a half decent presenter. But she has the fake d4 accent to help her fit in!

And as for the show..... Complete 5 minutes of fame ****e! And the sob stories, torture!
    It would be interesting to see a revisited episode.
    The only good thing that show did was get rid of Ciara Kelly!!

Wow, I really have issues with this show!!

Rant over!

Good night!

Dr Ava was another pain.
    As for Karl Henry. I've seen him look very washed out on more than one accessions.(For Mr Healthy) He'd be brutal without his make-up for the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,347 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The real Unpopular opinion you should be putting in is that you are a huge fan of Ryan Tubridy and you think he is worth €500,000 of tv licence fee money....

Now that would indeed be Unpopular.....

Never said I was fan just a casual listener, plus I believe cross posting on boards.ie is not permitted.
    --

Other unpopular opinion respect for your elders is overrated, if they are clearly over the hill they should be shipped out.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Never said I was fan just a casual listener, plus I believe cross posting on boards.ie is not permitted.
    --

Other unpopular opinion respect for your elders is overrated, if they are clearly over the hill they should be shipped out.
    Shipped out where? Why?

Antares35 wrote: »
    Shipped out where? Why?

Put minding grandkids or telling stories?

It was just a figure of speech.

Because they only end up taking up others spaces that are hungry.vibrant and full of new ideas.

There comes a time where even the most venerated are past it.

John Giles from off the ball springs to mind. Lovely fella. But times up.

• Advertisement

Put minding grandkids or telling stories?

It was just a figure of speech.

Because they only end up taking up others spaces that are hungry.vibrant and full of new ideas.

There comes a time where even the most venerated are past it.

John Giles from off the ball springs to mind. Lovely fella. But times up.
    If you're going to judge someone's worth based on their ambition, vibrancy etc. it wouldn't just be the old you'd be getting rid of. Plenty of twenty year old layabouts going nowhere fast you could sweep out.

I think that most "go fund me" pages come across as crass and inappropriate ways to cash in on a loved ones death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

A boards.ie thread is a reflection of the moderators personality and viewpoints - (Especially one over a long period of time)

I don't think that's unpopular in any way

There are some kids names (girls in particular) that have become so popular over the last few years, I don't understand why parents still use them for their new babies. I could list them, but given their popularity I'd probably offend someone very quickly! Do they want their kid to be in a class with five or six other girls who have the same name?

99nsr125 wrote: »
    I don't think that's unpopular in any way

Jayus I thought it was. I stand corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

A boards.ie thread is a reflection of the moderators personality and viewpoints - (Especially one over a long period of time)

aint that the truth, and if you challenge certain people you find yourself getting lectured and warned.

I sometimes feel sorry for people's who parents who pay for their wedding.
    I've seen it on more than one occasion that the parents choose the venue, flowers, music, etc and the couple get little input.
    Then there's often a fella marrying into the family who eventually relieses what he's after getting himself involved in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

A real man would pay for his own wedding.

no sympathy for those people you speak of

He's generally a bit of dope and he'll never have enough money for Daddy's Princess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Rangers have superior banter to Celtic and deserve this year's title. Their Irish obsessives have that aversion to any sort of mick taking or self deprecation that comes from pretty much any SF activist I've ever know. Their nicknames for Parkhead alone mean they deserve it

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/funny-names-we-have-given-to-celtic-park-past-and-present.44194/

*mic drop*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Rangers have superior banter to Celtic and deserve this year's title. Their Irish obsessives have that aversion to any sort of mick taking or self deprecation that comes from pretty much any SF activist I've ever know. Their nicknames for Parkhead alone mean they deserve it

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/funny-names-we-have-given-to-celtic-park-past-and-present.44194/

*mic drop*

well , that was as nasty , bigoted and painfully unfunny as i fully expected a Rangers FC site to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭doublejobbing 2

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    well , that was as nasty , bigoted and painfully unfunny as i fully expected a Rangers FC site to be

Typical of the humour bypass SF activists and Celtic diehards suffer. If ne can't appreciate the wit of naming it the Big Jock Knewcamp, I dunno :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Typical of the humour bypass SF activists and Celtic diehards suffer. If ne can't appreciate the wit of naming it the Big Jock Knewcamp, I dunno :pac:

i dont vote SF or support Celtic , i dont support any club in scotland , prefer watch proper football

i see they call celtic park " The Piggery "

irish people were called pigs by bigots both in the Uk and america back in the day

A real man or a real couple? I'd have very little respect for any man who paid for a wedding alone while his new bride spent her money on whatever she liked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

'King of the Hill' was miles better than 'The Simpsons'.

Ha ha, god no. KOTH isn’t close to classic era Simpsons (series 2-9). Television manna from heaven.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Antares35 wrote: »
    I think that most "go fund me" pages come across as crass and inappropriate ways to cash in on a loved ones death.

And the ones that posit some treatment at a quack clinic abroad as a cure for somebody’s terminal cancer or other disease annoy me too. Lots of salient details are always left out of the blurb and raising money for these dodgy clinics allows them to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

*mic drop*

If you're in any way a supporter or remotely concerned in any way about any Scottish football club you really need a new hobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I always remember Frankie Boyle saying the best thing about his backing Scottish independence is that he gets several tweets a day from Rangers fans telling him he doesn't understand economics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

My unpopular opinion is about the acceptance of Traveller criminality. What's the view about the Rathkeale Rovers forging and selling Covid-19 test results all across Europe? Did Pavee Point make a statement about it at all, at all?
    It was kinda funny early this morning to hear Rathkeale mentioned on RT (Russian News).
    Fair play to ye boys. A new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

First time contributor to this thread so've a lot of catching up to do/contributions to make one imagines.....

My (belated) unpopular opinion is that the Hard Left & "MSM" might've been a bit too quick to rush to judgment on the issue of the Pres. Sec. Sch. in Carlow regarding what was allegedly said & what was actually said by Principal, Head Teachers etc. to each class regarding P.E. Uniforum etc.

Perhaps Gript/Brenda Power (or similar in Sunday Times)/David Quinn (Sunday Times) got to me, perhaps I'm "maturing" (I'm Centrist, a Normie politically; NEVER Far Right) & I legit wonder now did any of the various personalities, political entities, lobby/interest groups, quangos, NGOs etc. who lumped on have a piece of the humble pie & perhaps consider apologising to the school privately (by email) at the very least?

One journalist in particular apparently deleted all her tweets relating to the situation; Lord Mayor of Dublin & Labour Leader (AO'R is their leader....er isn't he?) & others like NWCI got involved too early.

There's always more than one side to a story & there was an issue of interpretation gone wrong; it may've come down to a miscommunication issue.

The Principal to be fair to him has buried this & did so quite quickly.

I think how the male teachers in particular were thrown under the bus though & perhaps, instead of an assembly on this one, and for any further uniform infractions, the school (and others) need to outline, in wriitng/by email (are notes to parents sent home in schoolbags a thing any more?) the specific issues and if it relates to how the PE or School Uniform criteria/protocol rules not being followed (or not being enforced/invoked too.....) where things are falling down & the reasons it has to be tightened up again etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭cms88

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    First time contributor to this thread so've a lot of catching up to do/contributions to make one imagines.....

My (belated) unpopular opinion is that the Hard Left & "MSM" might've been a bit too quick to rush to judgment on the issue of the Pres. Sec. Sch. in Carlow regarding what was allegedly said & what was actually said by Principal, Head Teachers etc. to each class regarding P.E. Uniforum etc.

Perhaps Gript/Brenda Power (or similar in Sunday Times)/David Quinn (Sunday Times) got to me, perhaps I'm "maturing" (I'm Centrist, a Normie politically; NEVER Far Right) & I legit wonder now did any of the various personalities, political entities, lobby/interest groups, quangos, NGOs etc. who lumped on have a piece of the humble pie & perhaps consider apologising to the school privately (by email) at the very least?

One journalist in particular apparently deleted all her tweets relating to the situation; Lord Mayor of Dublin & Labour Leader (AO'R is their leader....er isn't he?) & others like NWCI got involved too early.

There's always more than one side to a story & there was an issue of interpretation gone wrong; it may've come down to a miscommunication issue.

I think how the male teachers in particular were thrown under the bus though & perhaps, instead of an assembly on this one, and for any further uniform infractions, the school (and others) need to outline, in wriitng/by email (are notes to parents sent home in schoolbags a thing any more?) the specific issues and if it relates to how the PE or School Uniform criteria/protocol rules not being followed (or not being enforced/invoked too.....) where things are falling down & the reasons it has to be tightened up again etc.

That was a prime example of why a man would be mad to become a teacher nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭cms88

Kivaro wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion is about the acceptance of Traveller criminality. What's the view about the Rathkeale Rovers forging and selling Covid-19 test results all across Europe? Did Pavee Point make a statement about it at all, at all?
    It was kinda funny early this morning to hear Rathkeale mentioned on RT (Russian News).
    Fair play to ye boys. A new low.

You'll be waiting a while for at.

Although to be fair they did come out and say the weeding that happened in Tralee last week was wrong. Something they'd normally justify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭randd1

cms88 wrote: »
    You'll be waiting a while for at.

Although to be fair they did come out and say the weeding that happened in Tralee last week was wrong. Something they'd normally justify.

They also said there was an over reaction in the media to it, and that it was as a result institutional racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Nokia6230i wrote: »

while i full agree with your point,
    it hardly an unpopular opinion.

not one of those twitter heroes apologised.
    yet chu is on the media crying about people being mean to her yet she feels it's ok to accuse others of unfounded behaviour of a terrible nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

*mic drop*

I would just file this under "Childish" and not take any notice of it. Both sides are as bad as each other. Old news.

I stopped following English/Scottish football years ago because well....well I grew up.

Advertisement