Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Standard of local journalists in Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Gavin is a head of knowledge when it comes to sport. He's great I think

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DLS_75

Gavin is a head of knowledge when it comes to sport. He's great I think

Is Gavin not gone from WLR?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Tiernan is awful. Always tutting at random times while someone else is talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

BazBox wrote: »
    Tiernan is awful. Always tutting at random times while someone else is talking.

And its so fake and insincere

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭blacksuir

DLS_75 wrote: »
    Is Gavin not gone from WLR?

As head of sport yes, as a sports reporter/presenter no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭sitkaspruce

blacksuir wrote: »
    As head of sport yes, as a sports reporter/presenter no.

Who is the new head of sport? Nigel?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

does any one miss liz reddy?

i dont!

Tiernan gets a lot of bad press but depending what side of bed he gets up out of he can be very good. Particularly yesterday. He is good on the serious issues. His uhhhing and ahhing towards kids would wither you though!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

It's also down to the editors of these papers!

I know a guy who sent in a few photographs for consideration for

publication but he wanted a fee for usage but he was denied by the editor!

The images were fairly decent in my opinion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Photographers always get ripped off by publications if they are not strong, trouble is then they just say no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭SeanieW1977

This is absolute peak dermot keyes;

https://waterford-news.ie/2021/02/02/theatre-fundraiser-is-jogging-the-memory/?fbclid=IwAR1_IL0wFq2ksEfmpFVdGYx06wzioXl2WBceYwUYQL7-G3dzm3hq9lWzANM

820 words - about 20 sentences.

In these 20 sentences he includes the word " I " some 17 times and " Me " some 9 times and for further clarification about what the article is really about he includes 2 photos of himself!

Some journalism there - in fairness Skelton and rest of News and Star crew have their finger on the pulse on the all the big issues, North Quays, Hospital and WIT this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

This is absolute peak dermot keyes;

https://waterford-news.ie/2021/02/02/theatre-fundraiser-is-jogging-the-memory/?fbclid=IwAR1_IL0wFq2ksEfmpFVdGYx06wzioXl2WBceYwUYQL7-G3dzm3hq9lWzANM

820 words - about 20 sentences.

In these 20 sentences he includes the word " I " some 17 times and " Me " some 9 times and for further clarification about what the article is really about he includes 2 photos of himself!

Some journalism there - in fairness Skelton and rest of News and Star crew have their finger on the pulse on the all the big issues, North Quays, Hospital and WIT this week

id somewhat disagree there, but journalism is a very tough game nowadays, at least they try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Gardner

It's worth going back to listen to DT's interview today with John Paul Phelan. JJP tore DT apart. DT tried to use a sound bite from Brendan Howling yesterday on South East Radio and tried to state something totally different to what BH said.

Skeltons article in the N&S is complete trash. His only source is 1 no. Lecturer.

The us vs them ****e from DT and DS is bottom of the barrel stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭azimuth17

Gardner wrote: »

I actually find myself agreeing with Wanderer 78. What do you mean?

What do I mean?? A family whether it was them or not were forced to come out and say "Just to clear our name this article has nothing to do with our family and we have not taken any legal advice what so ever. All we wanted was extra help for our father and mother and thankfully we got it."

The article should never have seen the light of day in the first place. If someone wants to take action against UHW, their case nor subject involving it should be discussed in any forum whether it's print or social media until the matter is closed legally. It's just fueling anger and ****e talk on social media. Some of the comments under the article are beyond beggers belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

What do I mean?? A family whether it was them or not were forced to come out and say "Just to clear our name this article has nothing to do with our family and we have not taken any legal advice what so ever. All we wanted was extra help for our father and mother and thankfully we got it."

The article should never have seen the light of day in the first place. If someone wants to take action against UHW, their case nor subject involving it should be discussed in any forum whether it's print or social media until the matter is closed legally. It's just fueling anger and ****e talk on social media. Some of the comments under the article are beyond beggers belief.

Half 3 in the morning and you're still on yer rant box. Did Franky Byrnes not read out your letter or did Tony Weldon not read yer nannys' birthday request in 1979 ? And have Ireland's Own not been printing your penpal requests ?

You just have a down on media and journalists. They're in business to run stories FFS !!! To make people talk and to get some people all het up and irate, touché ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

How were we supposed to know any of this, since you didn't mention it when you linked to the article?

There are no comments on the article as far as I can see. Or are you referring to comments on Facebook or some other site?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Im closing this thread now, it blatantly obvious that this thread was set up by someone who has a clear agenda against a couple of people and didnt have the balls to post it using their own account. The new account was created on the 22nd Jan, made one post and hasnt been on line since 2 mins after posting the thread.

If anyone has an issue with me closing it, then report me and this post and another mod can then decide if they want to reopen it. Oh and I have permanently banned that new account also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement