Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW22 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

CSF wrote: »
    Getting in another City defender sounds great

With rotation its almost impossible to say if J.stones will start alongside either one whereas Chillwell was just rested for the bigger midweek fixture for CHE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    With rotation its almost impossible to say if J.stones will start alongside either one whereas Chillwell was just rested for the bigger midweek fixture for CHE

Opposite I'd say

Stones was rested

Tuchel is trying to figure out his best team. Chilwell will probably be in and out a good bit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Grealish for Soucek or Gundagun?

Id have to leave Kane for another week then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

If Minamino goes to Southampton, be one to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,695 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

That guy West brom have signed on loan from Celta Vigo sounds okay.

... /coat

• Advertisement

Josh King off to Everton

Naitlind Niles off to WBA, outside possiblity he will play in midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Where would Josh King play - hardly going there to sit on the bench - competition for DCL

• Registered Users Posts: 33,027 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Where would Josh King play - hardly going there to sit on the bench - competition for DCL

Hugely different kinds of players though. Positionally more in common with Richarlison although he is too good to be giving his place upto anyone.

Could Carlo be moving to a 3 man attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Did Soucek to Grealish, thanks for the memories Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

I will have zero players playing tomorrow out of the 4 games. So I can easily post my score now.

0 points, no hits.

Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

shmeee wrote: »
    I will have zero players playing tomorrow out of the 4 games. So I can easily post my score now.

0 points, no hits.

Anyone else?

Yeah, if I bench Leno for Martinez.

Salah in for Bruno and will probably do Grealish for Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hugely different kinds of players though. Positionally more in common with Richarlison although he is too good to be giving his place upto anyone.

When DCL was injured recently they have James and Siggy up front together.

£5m is an insurance policy to ensure that doesn't happen again.

Tosun went to Besiktas so I'd assume he will be back up to DCL and Ricky

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Only 1 FT and nothing too obvious sticking out bar some rotation risks.

Would Foden > Sterking be too much of a sideways move? Given he got rested at the weekend, City usually thump Burnley in the PL too and don't want to miss out on potentially huge points. Away teams are generally doing better than those at home too.

Last 5 games have been.

20 Oct 2018 Manchester City v Burnley W 5-0 Premier League
    28 Apr 2019 Burnley v Manchester City W 0-1 Premier League
    03 Dec 2019 Burnley v Manchester City W 1-4 Premier League
    22 Jun 2020 Manchester City v Burnley W 5-0 Premier League
    28 Nov 2020 Manchester City v Burnley W 5-0 Premier League

siblers wrote: »
    Probably, he is the kind of quality of backup that you might worry about the occasional rotation during busy fixture periods too though.

He certainly isn't as good as DCL or Richarlison, but he may well be just good enough that Carlo wouldn't hesitate to start him if he felt it necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »

So what your saying is that he should be starting soon, given DCL hasn't scored in the league in nearly 2 months? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Seen a couple of people on Twitter discuss benching Son (against Chelsea) this week
    Have his numbers really dropped that much with Kane out?

Possible man city hazrd this week
    Liverpool play city the weekend..
    Recent transfers have me with 3 city players (2def)
    Liverpool are not a team shy of big game goals at this stage of the season, mane will be explosive if he returns for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Seen a couple of people on Twitter discuss benching Son (against Chelsea) this week

I am considering it as I have a selection problem. Big gamble that could backfire if he delivers though and I don't play him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

I think its more how terrible Spurs have been as a team as opposed to Son- they have dropped 16pts in the last 8 game weeks. Small sample size but Chelsea look more solid at the back under Tuchel - in fact they have looked boring!

He's a very explosive player and is playing further forward but Spurs become very one dimensional without Kane and its a lot easier for teams to shut Son down when he's the only real threat. A bit like Vardy though he is lethal on the break but as I said above I don't see Chelsea committing too many bodies forward to make that an issue.

• Advertisement

Think gonna drop Gundogun for Grealish. Reckon I got him to late. Think id rather Soucek and keep Kane another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

claw wrote: »
    I am considering it as I have a selection problem. Big gamble that could backfire if he delivers though and I don't play him.
    I guess it depends you you have to play instead of him.

Remember when Spurs looked horrible against Everton in GW1?
    400k people sold Son before Southampton A.
    Didn't end well for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭claw

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I guess it depends you you have to play instead of him.

Remember when Spurs looked horrible against Everton in GW1?
    400k people sold Son before Southampton A.
    Didn't end well for them

3 from Son, Cresswell, Justin, Dallas and Wilson. I think after the weekend just gone (which I did well in to be fair) I can make cases for all of them playing or not playing. Fun few hours :)

Who are you thinking to captain??
    Sterling but i could change to Bruno
    Looks like i just answered my own Q above but just ignore that

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭JPup

There's a separate captain thread but Salah will be heavily backed this week.

Tempted to do JWP to Zaha but Newcastle looked quite solid against Everton and if PVA is playing, Zaha's stats aren't nearly as impressive as they are with Mitchell

Could hold too I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Wood to Watkins

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Only 1 FT and nothing too obvious sticking out bar some rotation risks.

Would Foden > Sterking be too much of a sideways move? Given he got rested at the weekend, City usually thump Burnley in the PL too and don't want to miss out on potentially huge points. Away teams are generally doing better than those at home too.

Last 5 games have been.

20 Oct 2018 Manchester City v Burnley W 5-0 Premier League
    28 Apr 2019 Burnley v Manchester City W 0-1 Premier League
    03 Dec 2019 Burnley v Manchester City W 1-4 Premier League
    22 Jun 2020 Manchester City v Burnley W 5-0 Premier League
    28 Nov 2020 Manchester City v Burnley W 5-0 Premier League

I think it's a good move, I think it's pretty likely Foden is benched and Sterling played. And Foden just isn't reliable for points, and presumably you have lots of funds with Kane and KDB out injured.

That's one of my moves.

Another will be a -4, and I'm undecided between Grealish, Zaha and Barnes.

Grealish is the reliable choice, always involved. Zaha has the fixtures and the explosivity - the next 5 are as good as you get for fixtures, and his hauls this year have come away against weaker teams: Newcastle and Fulham away in the next 2 seem like good opportunities for him. Barnes has the form, constantly returning of late and probably the best immediate fixture this week.

Grealish is probably the default here, he's just someone who's good to have in long term, would give less headaches down the line. But Zaha is really tempting me.

Can't settle on what I wanna do in relation to Grealish so thinking maybe I should bank the transfer have two for next week then should have better idea on Gundogun and weather Kane is back .

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    I think it's a good move, I think it's pretty likely Foden is benched and Sterling played. And Foden just isn't reliable for points, and presumably you have lots of funds with Kane and KDB out injured.

That's one of my moves.

Another will be a -4, and I'm undecided between Grealish, Zaha and Barnes.

Grealish is the reliable choice, always involved. Zaha has the fixtures and the explosivity - the next 5 are as good as you get for fixtures, and his hauls this year have come away against weaker teams: Newcastle and Fulham away in the next 2 seem like good opportunities for him. Barnes has the form, constantly returning of late and probably the best immediate fixture this week.

Grealish is probably the default here, he's just someone who's good to have in long term, would give less headaches down the line. But Zaha is really tempting me.
    The only problem with Sterling as a move is that if you're transferring in a City player, its likely with a view to their potential 3 DGWs.

Is Sterling one of the guys that you trust to play all 6? Maybe even 5? Because if you have him you will want to captain him I think.

Advertisement