Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,906 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I seem to remember you lads screaming about political appointments earlier in the year though

Never 'screamed' about political appointments ever...may have about who has gotten appointed though.

'Sneaked' and 'Screamed', we're plumbing the old thesaurus today for the negative words.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,091 ✭✭✭✭downcow

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-55802138

Will they ever learn?

Even the mealy-mouthed words of Gerry Kelly leave a nasty whiff - "he was "fairly certain" no Sinn Féin assembly members were present" - but there were quite a few local councillors.

Do people think that the councillors who attended that funeral should resign? Or do they get a pass because they are Sinn Fein?

Well if the Psni are to be consistent then they need to get a pass. All republicans have got a pass so far including their leader in the north.
    I see at the weekend that the other sectarian gangsters have joined the party as the Uvf had a funeral that broke the regulations.

The family have disowned SF, citing ongoing differences, I see. Unlikely they organised this funeral I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,194 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The family have disowned SF, citing ongoing differences, I see. Unlikely they organised this funeral I would have thought.

Understand that after the funeral, Sinn Fein decided not to include him in the Roll of Honour, because of the embarrassment the funeral has caused them, hence the decision of the family to break with Sinn Fein, it's all out there if you look.

So a party putting forward a party member to join a board in an area they are familiar with under the GFA, to be joined by other people put forward by their parties, (DUP/SDLP) is crony? Good to know that's the bar :)

She's no anti vax either Blanch. Trying to pile on a nothing story. A short Google, she'd reservations about HPV as did many. Poor effort.

Get off the stage, you have been shouting and screaming for the last couple of years about any ex-politician appointed by Fine Gael or Fianna Fail. This was a crony appointment by Sinn Fein, should also be an investigation into how she got her 70k job as well.

She is anti-vax, has never clarified properly her comments.

• Advertisement

Understand that after the funeral, Sinn Fein decided not to include him in the Roll of Honour, because of the embarrassment the funeral has caused them, hence the decision of the family to break with Sinn Fein, it's all out there if you look.

Where does it say 'because of the embarrassment the has caused them'?

They didn't organise the funeral, the family did. Did you just make that up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Get off the stage, you have been shouting and screaming for the last couple of years about any ex-politician appointed by Fine Gael or Fianna Fail. This was a crony appointment by Sinn Fein, should also be an investigation into how she got her 70k job as well.

She is anti-vax, has never clarified properly her comments.

Don't lie about me to cover your blushes. The ex politician getting a job as a personal driver or board appointment in IW were hum dingers allright.
    What's crony about the appointment? From the article you linked the SDLP and DUP are following suit. The board was put together under the umbrella of the GFA.
    Hey, if you think that's crony, good for you.

She'd a problem with the HPV and has clarified she's cool with it now. As many FG/FF at same. Your dishonest efforts to call shinners anti-vaxxers is tired. You threw it in there to help your nothing story.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭rdwight

You actually couldn't make this up.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/02/01/news/family-of-former-ira-man-eamon-peggy-mccourt-cut-all-ties-with-the-republican-movement-in-row-over-roll-of-honour-2205174/

How does that work? You don't get on Roll of Honour if you haven't killed enough civilians or if you're allegdedly involved in friendly fire incident?

Is Gerry Adams Sr still a laochra in good standing?

rdwight wrote: »
    You actually couldn't make this up.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2021/02/01/news/family-of-former-ira-man-eamon-peggy-mccourt-cut-all-ties-with-the-republican-movement-in-row-over-roll-of-honour-2205174/

How does that work? You don't get on Roll of Honour if you haven't killed enough civilians or if you're allegdedly involved in friendly fire incident?

Is Gerry Adams Sr still a laochra in good standing?

No idea, contact SF or the IRA maybe?

P.S. or anyone involved in memorials and honouring those who fought in 1916 and The WOI?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭trashcan

A badly fitted ripoff of the repeal shirts. LOL

Cringey, but nothing will ever beat his cookbook with the "long quiche" recipe.

:D. Ah, that’s brilliant in fairness.

• Advertisement

No idea, contact SF or the IRA maybe?
    and The WOI?

That's what I thought I was doing by replying to you

P.S. or anyone involved in memorials and honouring those who fought in 1916 and The WOI?

Well, fori nstance, the criteria for the Memorial Gardens is pretty clear. The names of the 50,000 Irishmen who died in WWI is listed there. I think the names of the 82 rebels who died in 1916 are all included on the 1916 Roll of Honour in the National Museum.

https://microsites.museum.ie/rollofhonour1916/default.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpPqW7b3J7gIVGOvtCh0W9weeEAAYASAAEgKHZPD_BwE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpPqW7b3J7gIVGOvtCh0W9weeEAAYASAAEgKHZPD_BwE

https://heritageireland.ie/places-to-visit/irish-national-war-memorial-gardens/

The IRA seem to have quite complex systems of hagiography

rdwight wrote: »
    That's what I thought I was doing by replying to you

Well, the criteria for the Memorial Gardens is pretty clear. The names of the 50,000 Irishmen who died in WWI is listed there. I think the names of the 82 rebels who died in 1916 are all included on the 1916 Roll of Honour in the National Museum.

https://microsites.museum.ie/rollofhonour1916/default.aspx?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpPqW7b3J7gIVGOvtCh0W9weeEAAYASAAEgKHZPD_BwE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpPqW7b3J7gIVGOvtCh0W9weeEAAYASAAEgKHZPD_BwE

https://heritageireland.ie/places-to-visit/irish-national-war-memorial-gardens/

The IRA seem to have quite systems complicated systems of hagiography

Keep at it. I'm neither a member of SF nor was I in the RA, so I can't help. Not a huge fan of memorials myself.

Keep at it. I'm neither a member of SF nor was I in the RA, so I can't help. Not a huge fan of memorials myself.

You're being sold short. Thirty to fifty posts a day supporting Sinn Fein should entitle you to at least an honorary membership, if not the average industrial wage or a place their shinnerbot Roll of Honour.

Don't lie about me to cover your blushes. The ex politician getting a job as a personal driver or board appointment in IW were hum dingers allright.
    What's crony about the appointment? From the article you linked the SDLP and DUP are following suit. The board was put together under the umbrella of the GFA.
    Hey, if you think that's crony, good for you.

She'd a problem with the HPV and has clarified she's cool with it now. As many FG/FF at same. Your dishonest efforts to call shinners anti-vaxxers is tired. You threw it in there to help your nothing story.

So an ex politician getting a board appointment is only a crony appointment if it is not SF!!!!!!!

Heard it all now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

So an ex politician getting a board appointment is only a crony appointment if it is not SF!!!!!!!

Heard it all now.

So an ex politician getting a board appointment is only a crony appointment if it is SF.

Heard it all now.

None so blind sometimes....

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    So an ex politician getting a board appointment is only a crony appointment if it is SF.

Heard it all now.

None so blind sometimes....

So it is a crony appointment then?

The mullaghbawn garden of rememberence is deffo on the bucket list,when all this coronavirus is over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

No idea, haven't looked into it. Just found your hypocrisy and total lack of self awareness quite amusing.

#NotANormalPoster

Political appointments have been made since the foundation of the state, it becomes crony political appointments for a set of reasons, who is being appointed, why and what qualifications they have.

Fionn1952 wrote: »
    No idea, haven't looked into it. Just found your hypocrisy and total lack of self awareness quite amusing.

#NotANormalPoster

You obviously don't understand how the process of board appointments has changed in the South.

http://www.stateboards.ie/stateboards/

There is now an independent process for appointments to State boards, which I have welcomed (brought in by the FG government, by the way).

By contrast, these appointments by Sinn Fein were outside such a process, involved blatant cronyism, and at least one completely unsuitable appointee.

Not even a little bit hypocritical of me when I support the independent process. The hypocrisy is from those who are defending Sinn Fein on this occasion.

• Advertisement

Political appointments have been made since the foundation of the state, it becomes crony political appointments for a set of reasons, who is being appointed, why and what qualifications they have.

Well, you are behind the times. Appointees are now vetted through an independent process at stateboards.ie.

Sinn Fein are obviously behind the curve on this one.

Well, you are behind the times. Appointees are now vetted through an independent process at stateboards.ie.

Sinn Fein are obviously behind the curve on this one.

You need to explain how SF, The SDLP and The DUP have engaged in cronyism to have any credibility here.

You need to explain how SF, The SDLP and The DUP have engaged in cronyism to have any credibility here.

I don't really, this is the SF thread, they have appointed a former candidate to a nice well-paid job so that is cronyism.

They could have appointed non-party representatives from the Irish language community North or South, but they chose to appoint one of their own.

Fair fcuks to gerry kelly

https://mobile.twitter.com/GerryKellyMLA/status/1356519508811333633

Too long people have been afraid to say boo and over indulgence loyalist paramilitaries......bend the knee to them and they'll walk over you

I don't really, this is the SF thread, they have appointed a former candidate to a nice well-paid job so that is cronyism.

They could have appointed non-party representatives from the Irish language community North or South, but they chose to appoint one of their own.

They chose to appoint somebody with relevant qualifications.

So basically you have no reason to suspect cronyism...have no issue with ay of the parties here bar SF and are just having another cheap rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

They chose to appoint somebody with relevant qualifications.

So basically you have no reason to suspect cronyism...have no issue with ay of the parties here bar SF and are just having another cheap rant.

Sure didn't FFG appoint a failed general election candidate to the Seanad, the same fella with one ongoing assault case and admitted another degrading assault of an unconscious man at a music festival which he tried to say was a bit of craic.

Now that's cronyism, get rejected by the electorate but get a cushy all expenses paid job by your party buddies anyway.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Sure didn't FFG appoint a failed general election candidate to the Seanad, the same fella with one ongoing assault case and admitted another degrading assault of an unconscious man at a music festival which he tried to say was a bit of craic.

Now that's cronyism, get rejected by the electorate but get a cushy all expenses paid job by your party buddies anyway.

ffg appointed an ex-loobist for nagp to the ethics watchdog to investigate leaks of confidential documents from ffg to nagp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

Fair fcuks to gerry kelly

https://mobile.twitter.com/GerryKellyMLA/status/1356519508811333633

Too long people have been afraid to say boo and over indulgence loyalist paramilitaries......bend the knee to them and they'll walk over you

Fair fcuks to Michael Martin so?

Taoiseach Micheal Martin told RTE the safety concern is a sinister development.
    He said: “I would condemn the intimidatory tactics against workers who should of course be allowed and facilitated in going about their daily work.
    “It’s a very sinister and ugly development.
    “Obviously, we will be doing everything we possibly can to assist and to defuse the situation.”
    https://www.thejournal.ie/larne-brexit-checks-5342216-Feb2021/

Fair fcuks to Michael Martin so?

Taoiseach Micheal Martin told RTE the safety concern is a sinister development.
    He said: “I would condemn the intimidatory tactics against workers who should of course be allowed and facilitated in going about their daily work.
    “It’s a very sinister and ugly development.
    “Obviously, we will be doing everything we possibly can to assist and to defuse the situation.”
    https://www.thejournal.ie/larne-brexit-checks-5342216-Feb2021/

FF have no presence in the 6 counties,him critising actions in belfast and larne is to paraphrase babs keating,like being savaged by a dead sheep

At least someone on the ground is willing to lead stand up to loyalist paramilitaries and not play pretend concerns on community relations..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭CrazyFather1

FF have no presence in the 6 counties,him critising actions in belfast and larne is to paraphrase babs keating,like being savaged by a dead sheep

At least someone on the ground is willing to lead stand up to loyalist paramilitaries and not play pretend concerns on community relations..

Hilarious.

Advertisement