Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capone (Tom Hardy)

Options
  • 15-04-2020 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭

The film centers on Al Capone after his 11-year sentence at the United States Penitentiary, Atlanta as he suffers from syphilis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,375 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Capone releases digitally May 12

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boss Of Bosses

Just seen the trailer.
    Not too sure on how it will be. Hardy looks decent enough as Big Al.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

OP trailer disappeared: here it is again. Directed by Josh Trank, he of the broadly panned Fantastic Four reboot. Didn't think I'd see him again directing real actors :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Trailer doesn't market it well if there's a good film there. The ingredients are there. Depends on the story..

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Tom Hardy's American accent is always weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,367 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Unfortunately, it looks like trash.

Is Hardy a producer on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boss Of Bosses

If it doesn't show his whole story from NY to Chicago it will be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Was looking forward to this when I heard it was being made. When I first seen the photo of Hardy as Capone, I thought he looked impressive. Trailer doesn't do it for me unfortunately. Hopefully I am wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

I watched this yesterday and was very disappointed. Give it a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I watched this yesterday and was very disappointed. Give it a miss.
    Let me check a second....

514449.png

Oh dear. Duly noted.

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Coming to Netflix on the 24th of February I see.

I love Tom Hardy & was looking forward to it when first I heard about it but it's supposed to be absolutely brutal :(

Yes reviews not very favourable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I may be the only one but I’ve never watched anything with Hardy that I haven’t considered turning on subtitles for.. I can never understand him speaking, every ‘character’ performance of his has me straining to catch what he’s saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭flasher0030

gogo wrote: »
    I may be the only one but I’ve never watched anything with Hardy that I haven’t considered turning on subtitles for.. I can never understand him speaking, every ‘character’ performance of his has me straining to catch what he’s saying.

Only one that springs to mind is The Revenant. Other than that,never took any notice. He only spoke about 2 lines in Mad Max, so wasn't a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,901 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

gogo wrote: »

Mumbles his way through every film. Narrated Tottenham's All or Nothing where he was crystal clear. In my opinion he's very one dimensional, darty eyes, I'm crazy so I am. A simpleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,561 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Mumbles his way through every film. Narrated Tottenham's All or Nothing where he was crystal clear. In my opinion he's very one dimensional, darty eyes, I'm crazy so I am. A simpleton.

He is a good actor but there is no doubt that his attention to detail on accents is overkill.
    He needs to speak more clearly with less of an accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭El Duda

Sick of zombie films

Advertisement